Part 42

Hi All. Hope all are doing fine. I am fine and by God's grace all is well with me. Thanks to all my beloved readers who checked upon me through private messages.

Sorry to all readers of Kati Patang for this long long waiting. The never ending exams and also the uncertainities of career didn't let me write in right frame of mind. Hoping all will understand and continue reading and loving this story like always.

Do read the update and let me know your thoughts. Happy Reading.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Finally! Uff..Pahunch hi gaye." Preeti let a relieved gasp. The ordeals of changing metros, rushing to airport terminals and all those ordeals until the plane really took off and landed at Delhi, had made Preeti feel suffocated. There have not been many times she had been to Delhi. It was only once or twice and the schedules were really for shortest durations.

"Madam ji! Saman gaadi mein rakh lun?" The cab driver asked the obvious.

"Nahin! Sar pe rakh lo mere." Preeti whined and dashed away to open the door of the cab.

"Preeti! Ab hotel chalein kya?"

"Kyun sahar ghumne jana hai tumhe? Obviously hotel hi chalna hai." Preeti asked in her mock tone, while trying to fit in her large suitcase inside the cab. Pandit nodded, more in contention of the appealing idea."Mein wohi soch raha tha. Gaadi bhi hai, mahol bhi hai and saath mein khubsurat colleague bhi."

Preeti rolled her eyes, smacking Pandit for his flirty attitude even in tense situations.

The sprawled chain of cafes and street vendors soon felt suffocating for her. There was an unsettling turbulent breath, slowly forming knots in her. She didn't realise when she had abandoned the plate she was savouring minutes before.

" Preeti! E Sipahi ki behen! Chaat to kitna mast hai.Ekdum apna Law Garden jaisa." Pandit chatted away in excitement of a kid, relishing on the palatable assortments in his plate. His gaze returned back to Preeti , when her silence lingered.

The questioning glance in Pandit's eyes were loud. "Pata nahin Pandit. Ek ajeeb si becchaini ho rahi. " She replied "Jaise kuch bahut galat ho raha..aur mujhe wahan hona chahiye."

"Bhaag daud se tabiyat bigad gayi hai shayad. Phir kabhi ghumne aayenge. Ab to teen hafte rehne hein yahan." Pandit jumped off the narrow cemented slab they were sitting on and held out his hand for Preeti. Soon they were in cab, moving across the traffic and dust of the roads.

Preeti looked pensive, almost like a wilted flower. He knew it was not from exhaustion, it was more from an unplaced anxiety. "Soch raha tha yahan kisi chaat wale ki beti ko pata leta hun. Phir to aish hi aish." Pandit started, earning a look of attention and confusion from Preeti. He just wanted that. To distract her.

"Patana kyun hai? Shaadi kyun nahin?" Preeti asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"Yeh shaadi badi pange wali chiz hai. Apun apna mast hai."

It was not like she was amused to hear it coming from Pandit, she was more surprised with the intensity of voice. It was almost a murmur."Aisa koun hai jo dil tod diya apna PT sahab ka?" She enquired, hoping that she didn't reignite any bad memory.

"Kahaani lamba hai."

"Aur hotel tak rashta bhi." Preeti said, assurance in tone that she would hear it all.

"Jamnagar mein Chachaji ke koi rishtedaar the. Mumbai wali Rishta aur ladki ki photo dekh; Maa Bapu shaadi pakka hi samajh liye the. Mujhe bhi koi khaas aitraaz na tha. Baat aisi thi ki Mumbai aake sab kuch final karke Ahmedabad sandesh bhejna tha. Sab kuch track pe tha."

Sameer -Naina FF : Kati Patangजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें