Part-32

Hi Guys! Thanks for all the love and responses.Here is the update.

Happy Weekend!

------------------------------------------------------------

The grove wheels of British Airways liner touched the London Heathrow Airport. Sameer looked out of the plane's window. The autumnal colours starting to spread across the sky.The sun was starting to set in western horizon.He looked at his watch.It was already 7 PM.Calculating the 5 hours lag from Indian Standard Time,he assumed it would have been past midnight in India.His family back home would be in a sweet,deep slumber.He came back from his own pleasant thoughts as the announcement went off in cabin to deboard.

Nisha is standing at far,crying out loud.The man dressed in jet black hoodie seemed ruthless.He clutched her soft fingers roughly and Naina winced.Soon a glass broke and all Naina saw was Nisha being dragged away.Naina cried,shouted,screamed yet nothing reached the man.Nisha screamed back "Mumma" and dissolved in darkness.

"NISHA" Naina screamed and woke off.It was a bad nightmare again.She looked around and saw the familiar darkness alike the nightmare.The only difference was Nisha was safely sleeping clutching her teddy bear.Naina sighed in relief.She felt thankful to the supreme forces.The only time she was thankful for her reality and didn't want her dreams to come true ever.Well,was n't she quoting it wrong.It was not dream,it was nightmare.

She sunk back into her blanket. Sleep gone away by miles. Nisha turned and snuggled into the warm embrace of her mother.Naina kissed her forehead,resolving to keep her safe from all ordeals of life and demons.Nisha opened one of her drowsy eyes and mumbled ,"Papa aa gaye?" . Naina smiled and nodded a 'NO'.Nisha seemed disappointed and crouched herself.Naina patted her back to sleep. She looked at the small table clock.It was 2.30 AM. No matter the time on clock,she was expecting Sameer to call.But would Sameer call at such dead hour of night?

Naina's eyes drooped a bit ;more out of mental and physical strain.Her eyes flew open wide as she heard her cellphone ring.Pulling away the blanket she grabbed the cellphone from nightstand. Though she was disappointed a bit seeing Namrata calling her,she picked up the phone.

Namrata's whispered voice flowed."Hello Bhabhi! Bhaiya pahunch gaye hein. Aap jaagte rehna.Bhaiya hotel ki landline se call karenge.Good Night." Naina thanked and wished before hanging up. She moved out of the bed, not wanting to disturb Nisha's sleep.She closed the bedroom door behind her, and waited on the sofa for the much anticipated call.

After an impatient wait of 17 minutes,the cellphone vibrated with an unknown number.Naina quickly picked up muttering an urgent "Sameer". Sameer heard Naina's voice reach him,rippling through the receiver. A bright smile formed at his lips and he replied back "Naina! Pahunch gaya ache se."

Naina fell in a quandary listening to his voice.His voice sounded tired,perhaps the effect of jet lag.She heard him ask "Thik ho? Pareshan si lag rahi ho." No matter how much she had steeled her mind and heart,with his question it all wore off.

Sameer heard sobs over the receiver.For a millisecond he could not fathom if it was technical glitch or Naina was actually sobbing. The sobs became clearer and louder.He asked the receptionist and took the cordless receiver to one secluded corner. "Baat kya hai.Batao please.Kya hua hai?"

" Sameer! Nisha aaj kidnap ho jaati." Naina broke the news,while trying to muffle her cries. Sameer felt a bolt of lightning hit him ,ricocheting inside,throwing him off the balance."KYA? Nisha?Kidnap?Kab?" Sameer asked urgently.If he would have had choice,he would have booked the next flight back to India.But he knew that was impossible.He had to wait for 3 long weeks to be able to see his family,his tiny world.

Sameer -Naina FF : Kati Patangजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें