Part-21

Hi All! Happy Weekend.The next week I will be busy due to certain professional commitments.So the updates will be not regular.Thank you so much all for supporting and loving this story.:)

Here goes the update.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The landline went up in shrills and Piku picked up the phone, cursing the caller to call at around midnight's time.

"HelloKoun hai?Itni adhi raat ko phone kyun kiya?'' Piku asked none too coolly.

"Piku!Sameer ko phone de.Main Munna bol raha hun''.Munna spoke and Piku knew it was urgent.

"Saheb so gaye hein.Mujhe bata dijiye mein unko bata dunga.Piku offered the proposal.

"KYA?Itni jaldi so gaya?Uska tabiyat to thik hai?'' Munna asked as it was only 10.50 on clock.

"Wo..Bhabhi ke saath thoda jhagda ho gaya tha unka sham ko.Toh uske baad hi khana khake so gaye hein.Aap mujhe bata do.Mein yaad karke bata dunga.''Piku informed while Munna's face scrounged in disgust.Sameer definitely had few answers to give back for the questions taking shape in Munna's mind.

"Uska mobile off hai.Isliye landline pe phone kiya.Acha sun!Use bata main call kiya tha aur kal 10.30 baje uska flight booked hai Delhi ke liye.3.15 ko meeting hai.Urgent.Yaad raha na tujhe?'' Munna asked while Piku hummed in response.

The train was passing through stations, one after another ,picking up passengers in twos or crowds,breaking the gurgling din with interludes of hullabaloo.

Preeti lifted the window glass and drew in the cool air.In harmony with the jolly moon ,a broad smile bloomed on her face.Finally she was going to start her professional career.A career which would give wings to her creativity and limelight to her years of struggle.

"Aap Preeti Madam ho? FTII Pune ke liye?'' A lanky,old man asked Preeti as she got down from her compartment.She definitely was not expecting any one to receive her at the station in the midnight hours.

"Haan.Aap wahan naukri karte hein?'' Preeti asked as she gestured against the old man not to pick up her heavy suitcase.

"Mera naam Shilpat Rao Gokhle hai.Main chaprashi hun.Aap ko lene Sir ne bheja hai.Aap ab chaliye guest house mein.Sab bandobast ho gaya hai. ''The man said and Preeti felt really grateful for the sweet surprise.

"Kaka!Yahan Gujarat ka koi naukri karta hai kya?'' Preeti asked as they boarded the taxi to the guest house.

"Gujrat ka kaafi saare hein.Hum to Dean ke office mein kam karte hein.Baaki saare lectures ke bare mein pata nahin.Ek Sir hein jo Ahmedabad ke hein par bilkul Bombay mein pale bade lagte hein.Aap Gujrat ke ho? ''He asked while Preeti nodded trying to scan who could work in this institute from Ahmedabad.But also Ahmedabad was no more a small town.It was growing and also she had been away from home so many years keeping herself busy in internships and learning her craft.

She could detail out the geography of Kerala and Karnataka better than Gujarat's Ahmedabad.Naina had left for Shimla on that fateful night never to return again.Preeti sighed how still she kept looking at the photos of baby Nisha in her arms which they had clicked in Nikita's house.She wondered if Naina would still be the broken self or would have evolved to a stronger girl..How Nisha would have grown up? If Nisha knew somebody called Preeti existed in this world and once was so close to her Naina Mausi.

So many thoughts jammed her head and she jerked back only after a shrill sound.The taxi came into a rumbling halt and the sign board of Guest House came into her sight.

Sameer -Naina FF : Kati Patangजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें