Part- 40

Flashback is in Italics to avoid confusion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The death anniversary of Nikita and Sharad came,bringing the same heaviness and knots in Naina's heart as it had been years after years. There was certain uneasiness though it was bright sunny day, the air felt nauseating though it was tranquil breeze that was occasional in chilly hill station. As mechanical as it could have been, she completed her chores, called up several times the priest of temple to check on arrangements, sent a text to Nirupama and scowled over Sameer and Nisha who still lay in their dreamlands. Sameer was not surprised to find Naina all gloom, behaving in the most bizarre way and he knew she was trying to shut herself from the bitterest memories.She was raising defences,fighting with herself not to leak trickle of tear drop. Chachaji and Chachiji had returned in a hurry for something Taiji told bitterly over phone. In a day they left and she could not bid them a proper farewell. She didn't know why the exact day no matter what brought a thick blanket of gloom to the house ,sadness over her face and helplessness in her bones.

"Tum ro sakti ho ab." Sameer held her steady,taking away the cellphone from her, bringing her the pin to hold the pleats in place. She looked at him. For a second she searched his face, to see if he was merciful enough to handle her. For next fragment of second, she thought she was punishing him with her own mess and the next second she was weeping bitterly,soaking his shirt. He held her tight, caged tenderly in his arms ironically wishing that she finds freedom.

Nisha knew the drill yet she was bit inquisitive to know why her mother had puffed and red eyes.Rishav pointing out how his mother was literally clinging to her mother , and not letting him to ask any questions. Was there any secret involved ?

Nisha yawned as she shared the bench with Rishav, both watching their parents busy with rituals,occasionally shedding tears.What took Nisha by surprise is Sameer wiping his eyes. "Rishav! Mummy ro rahi Nanu aur Nani jaldi gaye isliye. Papa kyun anshun baha rahe?"

Rishav craned his eyes to check Nisha's fact ,suddenly remembering a fact."Arey aaj India –Australia match hai na..Uncle ka miss ho jaayega isliye." He also felt sad now that he remembered the exciting match he could have watched instead of sitting bored. He wanted to play Hide and Seek with Nisha behind the temple's pillars,but Nirupama has dtrictly prohibited from having any fun,any running around the temple.That's not how disciplined, good children behaved,so as he had been told.

"Nisha! Rishav! Idhar aao. " Sameer's voice made them jump from the nap they were taking.Rishav had huddled over Nisha, and both had slept over bench,thankfully not toppling on to the floor. Both waddled sleepily to Sameer , rubbing eyes to keep off the drowsiness.

Sameer asked them to open their mouths to feed them the prasad .Nisha knew every year ,no matter what she would be fed this particular thing ( sometimes forcibly). There was no point in arguing or throwing stantrum.She opened her mouth wide and a mouthful of sweet tasting morsel filled her mouth. Rishav was intrigued however.

"Uncle! Iss baar bhi cake nahin kat raha ? Bhagwan ji ka happy birthday hai na?"

Sameer smiled at the reasoning and thought of a quick reply." Tumhein cake,pizza ..yeh sab pasand hai na? Waise hi Bhagwan ji ka yeh favourite hai.Isliye birthday pe yehi banate hein." Rishav threw a glance at the temple, thinking how even this is considered something that's eaten on birthdays but he followed Nisha and digested his portions.

"Hello Avik! Bhaiya ne Paris ke tickets book karne ke liye bole hein na tumhein?" Namrata asked Avik, quickly going through her planner.

"Haan. I am glad.Sir trusts me so much.Dekhna Namrata! Iss baar koi galti mein hone na dunga.I will make him proud of me."

Sameer -Naina FF : Kati Patangजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें