15

When I opened my eyes again, it was still dark outside. The alarm clock on my nightstand read 1 : 43 am.

Someone had covered me over with a blanket and even helped me into my pjamas. I felt hot ans sweaty so I slid out of bed and tapped my way blindly to the door. I had to get out of here.

I closed the door gently behind me, relieved. It was silent in the corridoor, I could hear some faint snoring from Izzy's and Cassy's room.

I sat down on the stairs and covered my face with my hands. I couldn't go to sleep again. Everytime I closed my eyes I saw my bad dream play infront of my eyelids again.

The hooded man holding his gun to Will's forhead, Will's wide eyes.. and the terror I felt in my stomach when I heard the shot, and realized that this could be the last time I could look into his eyes.

It was just a dream, I kept telling myself.

But it wasn't so far from reality. It could of happened. Will nearly died saving me.

But that didn't stop the anger inside me. Who was that guy to give me the shock of my life and then come up to me saying 'gorgeous'? I was scared out of my mind for him!

Wait what?

I would have been scared like that for anyone.. right? Was Will really just 'anyone'?

I groaned, frustrated. All of this was just too much.

I decided to go downstairs and get some water from the kitchen. Quickly making my way down the stairs, I suddenly halted at the sound of a voice coming from the living room. I turned and crept up to the door, curiously putting my ear against it.

"She's only been here for a week!" Miss Dawson was half whispering, "I really think we should wait."

She? That had to be me. I was the only new kid with Jemma who was brought here a week ago. But wait with what?

"Isn't it enough that she was brought here? Or that she was nearly kidnapped yesterday?" Miss Dawson sounded really sad.

There was a long pause. "Allright. Okay, I understand. Yes Stanley, it's fine bu-"

Suddenly a hand clasped against my mouth and someone pulled me back from the door a few steps. I was too shocked to struggle. But when I finally realized what was happening I quickly jammed my elbow into his/her ribs.

A stifled groan and a sigh told me who it was.

"What are you doing?!" I half shouted. He knew exactly that I wouldn't take that well if I was just nearly kidnapped a few hours ago!

His blue eyes shone in the darkness. He looked at me frowning, "I could ask you the same question, Olivia."

Somehow, when he said it, it sounded so.. smooth.

"I was- I was just..." I stammered, my cheaks warming again. Thank god he can't see me blush.

"You're blushing," he said grinning. "I make you uneasy don't I?"

I stared at him, astonished. How the hell could he see that? But it all vanished when I felt the spark of anger grow inside me again.

"Listen, William. I was eavesdropping, and you caught me, while I was in my pjamas! I'm sorry that that made me a little embarassed, but you are just like all the other boys to me. So don't think you're anything special to me, because you're NOT."

I was breathing fast, my chest rising and falling dramaticly.

For a moment he looked surprised, as though he had expected me to just blush again and be shy.

"Talking about pjamas.." he said smirking and letting his eyes travel down my body. They were very short pjamas. A pair of boxers and a tight t-shirt saying 'Nobody's perfect. But i'm pretty close' to be exact.

I turned even redder in the face (if that was even possible) and murmered, "What did you want down here anyway?"

He ran a hand through his straight black hair and looked at me from under his lashes. "Uh.."

Ignoring the butterflies in my stomach at the look he gave me, I raised my eyebrows.

"Well..I sort of heard you come out of your room. So I just-"

Wait. "You followed me?" I said quietly.

He nodded so slightly that I nearly missed it. "BUT I had a reason to:" he justified himself stepping closer and lowering his head sothat his face was once again a few inches away from mine.

"You seemed very angry a few hours ago." His voice was low and I could feel his warm breath against my skin. "Why?"

"Because if anything would've happened to you, anything at all, I would never have forgiven myself! You SAVED me, and if you would have died protecting me.. Ever since then, every time I shut my eyes I see the gun at your forehead and your eyes locked with mine- I was SCARED for you!" I whispered, my voice quivering. But all of a sudden I realized what I had just said, my eyes wide.

Will just stood there. I couldn't make out his features in the dark, even if he was this close. But I did notice the warm breath on my cheak was gone.

"You were scared for me?" He sounded a little breathless.

I just turned my head away from him sothat he wouldn't see my glassy eyes.

"Liv?" he said softly.

"Yes. I was," I whispered still not looking at him.

Without another word I turned and climbed up the stairs, feeling Will's gaze on me.

When I lay back in bed, i saw that it is was allready 2:21 am.

Who was this Stanley on the phone, and what did he want? What news could be too much for me to bare?

And why did my heart have to race everytime Will came near me?