33

"You sure about this?" Sean asked one last time, his face still worried.

"Yes, I am. Now go, I can protect myself," I murmered pushing him in the direction of the exit.

"I'm not sure about that.. But at least you have Will," Sean winked at me. I would've cracked a smile or grinned or something, if I wouldn't have just been told that I was the object every bad guy in the U.K (and possibly the whole world if they knew) was craving for.

"I don't have Will," I grumbled, letting my hair fall into my face, "he's just there."

"Oh well, be careful okay? I know we don't know each other that well and stuff.." Sean trailed off, his eyes looking sincere, "But I knew your parents pretty well. And they were like second parents to me so.. You were very important to them. And I know they would want me to protect you from all of this harm," he finished, his blond hair falling into his eyes as he gulped and stared at the floor.

I stayed silent. To help someone you hardly know, just because you liked their parents - that was love. I smiled at the thought and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him down to me.

He was shocked at first, but he soon put his arms around my waist and hugged me back tightly.

Just then I saw Will walk into the room through the door that was behind Sean. He had his hands in his pockets, his jaw clenched and when he saw me watching him his eyes darkened and he turned away quickly. I frowned at his back and released Sean.

"Stay safe," he said placing a kiss on my forehead. I smiled up at him and nodded, mutely.

When he turned and exited the lab, I watched him walk down the street, until he disappeared in the darkness.

"Come on," Will said harshly, grabbing my arm and pulling me towards the exit aswell.

"Wait - Will, what's wrong? Where are you taking me?" I tried to turn and look him in the eye, but he kept on pulling me down the streets.

"Nothing's wrong," he spat, looking everywhere but at me, "And we've got to sleep somewhere don't we?"

I could only gape at him. Why was he treating me like this?

A sudden wave of anger overcame me. I stopped dead in my tracks and yanked my arm out of his grasp.

"WHAT is wrong with you? One second you're all nice and caring, and the next you treat me like shit! Why-"

He stepped closer to me, his minty breath fanning my face. "Listen to me, Liv," he put his hands on my shoulders, rooting me to the spot, "I can't care! I do but I shouldn't. You'd understand it all soon enough, but I don't want you to!" He looked furious and pained at the same time. His fingers cut into my shoulderblades and I flinched.

His eyes widened and he let go of me, averting his angry gaze at the floor.

"I-I don't understand-" I stuttered, not knowing what to do.

"It doesn't matter," Will murmered and turned his back towards me, walking down the dark streets, his hands in his pockets.

My sudden rage had faded and I was left with the feeling of emptiness and hurt once again.

"Are y-you l-leaving me?" I cried out to his back. He stopped in his tracks but didn't turn around.

My voice was shaking and I was trembling with my whole body. Was he really leaving me?

"In a time like this, where I am vulnerable because of what I just found out, and I- I really need a -" I struggled to find the right word for him, "- friend, to help me? At a time like this you leave me?"