35

I gasped for air and sat bolt upright, drenched in sweat. I looked around frantically, but it was dark. I couldn't make out anything, it was pitch black. Where am I?

Still breathing heavily, I ran my hands through my tangled curls and tried to make out my surroundings.

Nothing.

I could feel the blood pulse through my veins, and the silence was making me panic. My head felt foggy, my thoughts vanishing completely every time I tried to connect them.

When I layed back down on the bed and closed my eyes, I finally managed to form a thought.
This is not where I am supposed to be.

My body turned into alarm-mode. My parents had always told me how to react in a situation like this. The one thing they kept repeating was that I should keep calm.

But if you are blind, don't know where you are or what is going to happen to you it is hard to keep calm.

I took a deep breath and counted to ten.

Suddenly, a light flickered near me. I watched, wide eyed, as it lit up fully and the whole room I was in began to flood with a bright, wight light, blinding me.

I tried to put a hand to my eyes, only to realise that they were tied to the bed I was laying in.
What the hell is happening?!

When my eyes ajusted, I glanced around the room.

It was empty. The walls were painted wight, and the floor was made of stone that looked extremely expensive. But other than that there was nothing to glance at - the only thing being the bed I was currently chained to.

My chest rose and fell quickly as I clenched my teeth and tried sitting up again.

All of a sudden a wall slid apart revealing an opening. A tall man with sleak, gelled, black hair entered.

Stepping closer to my bed I could see his face more clearly. He looked to be in his late fourties, his face scarred and his eyes sunken in his sockets - they looked almost black.

"Olivia Firestone," his deep voice sent shivers down my spine - and not the good kind. My heartbeat sped up and I crawled away from him, as far against the wall as I could.

"What a pleasure to finally meet you," he sneered, revealing a set of perfect wight teeth. To anyone else his smile could be seen as friendly, but I could read him like a children's book.

This man was dangerous.

The kind of man that will seem all friendly but will stab you in the back as soon as you turn around.

The kind of man that would slaughter anyone without flinching.

The fear slowly ebbed away once I realised something.

He was the kind of man I knew. And I was going to use that to my advantage.

I stopped leaning against the wall and sat up straight on the bed, folding my legs calmly.

If the man was suprised then he wasn't showing it. Allright then, I braced myself, let the games begin.

"Who are you?" I asked coldly, my voice not even wavering a little.

He looked bored as he answered with a sigh, "It's always the same isn't it?"

I frowned. "What is the same?"

"The questions. It starts with a question in your head. Where am I?" the man studied his nails, looking as though they interested him immensely, "Then it carries on with who are you?" his black eyes cut into mine when he lifted his cold gaze on me. "And it mostly ends in why are you doing this.."