30

What?

Looking at Will, I could see his shocked expression. He looked as though what he just said suprised him - perhaps even more than it did me.

The boy smirked and put his hands up in defeat, "Sorry dude. But keep a good hold on her, I bet she's so good in be-"

Will pulled me away from them before he could even finish his sentence. His right arm was snaked around my waist, grabbing it tightly and pulling me to his side. I could feel the heat radiating from his body and the close proximity made me blush. Damn I should really get a grip. He proberly didn't mean it like that..

Judging by his confused face I decided I must be right. A wave of disappointment washed inside me and I cleared my throat.

"Will?"

"Hm?" he snapped out of his daze, his expression softening when he smiled at me.

"Well, uh.. that back there.."

His eyes widened and he scratched the back if his neck. "Yeah that-"

"Well, I won." I grinned at him and he relaxed, shaking his head while grinning.

"You sure did. But I'm still the king of seduction."

"I'm the queen of seduction. We could rule together," I winked at him and nudged his shoulder playfully. He chuckled as we made our way back to the motel.

Our walk in silence got me thinking about the past events - how had I become from a crying mess to this, the queen of seduction? The pain of losing my parents and the determination to find the one responsible was still there, I could feel it in every inch of my body. But there was something about Will that got me distracted, and it was keeping me from focusing on my parents.

I pulled out my phone and went through my messages: 13 NEW MESSAGES.

"What the -"
Hey Liv, here is the address. Take care xx

Liv, you haven't rung in ages where r u?

I'm worried where r u?! Call me.

WTH LIV CALL ME WHEN YOU GET THIS.

Liv caaalll meeeee!!

Hey jumaa here CALL US U NOOB!

Liv!!

LIVVVVV!!

OLIVIA FIRESTONE!!

Are you making out with the king of hotness or whazup?!

Are you freaking kidding me you wanker answere meeee

Ok if u don't answere in the next 24h i'm gonna get out there and find u! With juma!!

12h !! CALL ME.

"Oh my god," I brushed my hair out of my face nervously, "I'm going to call her back."

I put the phone to my ear and bit my lip. Please don't kill me Alyssa!

Will groaned, "You did it again."

"Hm?" the phone was still ringing.

"Biting your lip, stop it please." He stared at my lips and I smirked as I bit my lip again, mockingly.

"Oh for the love of-" he broke off abruptly and pulled me towards him. Within a few seconds he had smashed his lips on mine. His lips on mine felt so good, I instantly forgot the phone, letting it drop onto the floor as I put my hands around his neck and deepened the kiss. He smiled against my lips and squeezed my hips. I gasped and tried pulling away, but he held me securely in his arms. Leaning his forehead against mine, we tried catching our breaths.
"HELLO?"

I pushed away from Will and scrambled to grab the phone. I heard Will sigh as I put the phone to my ear and cleared my throat.

"Hey, Ally!" I said a little too cheerfully.

Silence. "..you still there?"

"OF COURSE I'M STILL HERE. I'M ALWAYS HERE BUT WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU, HUH?"

I held the phone from my ear and cursed myself for not thinking about ringing her.

"I'm sorry Alyssa, we got into a spot of trouble.."

The line went silent. After a while she spoke, her voice a lot softer this time: "Oh. Okay. But..be careful. I've sent you the address remember? Now go and do what you have to do and call me please, okay? It saves me the trouble of worrying my ass off."

I chuckled quietly and sighed, "Thanks for everything Alyssa. Say hi to the others from me."

"I will," she mumbled, her voice tight, "We all are covering up for you. And Jaz and Leo said hi."

I laughed quietly.

"And don't make out too much, we want you home as a virgin."

"ALLY!" I cried and I pinched the bridge of my nose, squeezing my eyes shut.

She laughed, "Yeah, yeah. I know that you like him."

My eyes locked with Will's. He was staring at me intently. His blue eyes were so beautiful..

"Maybe," I murmered, before I could stop the words from slipping out.

She was chirping excitedly on the other side of the line, probably with Juma. Before she could start questioning me I murmered a quick good-bye and hung up.

Will's eyes looked amused. He took a step towards me, and I took a step back, but he kept coming closer until my back hit the wall.

"So, what did you talk about?" he asked, his face close to mine.

"N-nothing," I blushed and mentally slapped myself for doing so, "just.. you know, the old lab and stuff."

His eyes glazed over with a flash of emotion, but it was gone before I could recognise what it was.

He pulled away and shoved his hands into his pockets, his eyes avoiding mine. "C'mon then, let's go."

I narrowed my eyes at him in confusion and sighed. So he's bipolar now. Great.

I had to concentrate on something else though - the lab was only a busdrive away, I could get there in a few hours. It would be dark by then, but at least nobody would see us sneak in that easily.

I huffed and stared at the sky. It was a dark shade of grey, and clouds were rolling in - and not the good kind.
Time for a bit of mission impossible.