36

My eyes snapped open at the sound of a thump. I crouched into a sitting position almost immediatly and scanned the room.

Nothing. It was still pitch black, and I couldn't see a thing.

Another thump - this time acompanied with a muffled shout.

My heartrate picked up and I pushed my back further against the wall my eyes wide. What the hell is happening?

A tall shadow appeared on the opposite wall and I shivered. Is this the end of me? Is time up allready?

Suddenly the iron gates that had kept me locked up burst open, and when I saw who it was, the mixture of emotions that gathered inside of me made my knees weak.

It was Will.

He had dark rings under his eyes, making them glow a little in the darkness, and he was wearing a grey t-shirt and some black trousers. His hair looked perfectly imperfect, but all of that wasn't the reason for me to stare at him.

"Olivia," he whispered, dropping the pistol he was holding to take a few steps towards me.

I flinched back against the wall, my heart aching at the way he said my voice. "Stay away from me."

Will froze, his face expression unreadable in this darkness. "Liv-"

"SHUT UP!" I shouted, my voice hoarse and raspy from all of the crying. I might have felt pain a few seconds ago, but the anger was taking control of me at the moment. "Stay away!"

Will ignored me and stormed up to me, grabbing my arms and pinning them over my head against the wall. I tried to get out of his grasp, with all my strength but he was just too strong.

"Let go of me!" I yelled, the anger boiling inside me.

"Not until you've heard me out-"

"There's nothing to hear! You lied to me. You lied and said things you didn't have to say, you played with me!" I was crying, but they were tears of anger, "You delivered me to the murderer of my parents. You have no right to even be this close to me, and I hope that I will never see you again!" I spat, ignoring the clenching of my heart.

He stayed silent, my arms still pinned above my head, his face close to mine. I wished that I could've felt disgusted by him, but the urge to be near him was still there. After all he did to me, it was still alive. My love for my biggest enemy was still existent.

"Liv, please just give me two minutes to tell you something," he murmered. "Two minutes and then you can hate me again." His eyes swelled with sorrow. "Please."
Don't fall for it. He's a good actor. Don't fall for it-

"One minute," I growled, yanking my arms out of his iron like grip.

He sighed in relief and ran a hand through his hair, a gesture I had come to be acostumed to.

"Liv, they had my father. He was one of the people working with your parents, he knew a lot about it. Sean never recognised me, but he knew my father. Just like all the others, he expected my dad to be dead."

He took a deep breath. "He threatened to kill my father if I didn't find and bring you here, so that he could interrogate you about the antidote."

I watched him through narrowed eyes as he paced the room, running his hands through his hair. When he finally turned to me, his expression held frustration.

"At first I thought I would do exactly as Prior says, bring you to him and get my dad out of there - but when I met you, everything changed."

"Liv, you made me forget what I was going with you for. You became my reason to fight, and I gradually fell for you, and I fell hard." Will took a step closer towards me, and this time I didn't back away. He stretched an arm out and ran his hand down my arm, making it tingle. I realised how much I had missed his touch, only to curse myself for feeling this way towards him when he betrayed me.