25

I ran as fast as I could, to the next street corner, although my legs were begging me not to.

When I reached an empty side street I slid down the wall and tried to stop my panting. I put my head between my knees and breathed in and out deeply, waiting for Will to come.

What if he doesn't? What will I do then?

I nearly died of shock when I felt someone put a hand on my sholder.

"Hey, it's okay! It's just me, I'm here now," Will soothed me. His face didn't even have a scratch, but he looked worried when he said: "I saw you cut your leg open when you climbed out of the window. Let me have a look at it.."

"How?" I shook my head, "I'm wairing skinny jeans. Let's just get back to the motel, I've got some stuff there that I'll need to get this wound cleaned up."

I tried to get up, but failed miserably. Will just let out a small laugh and picked me up bride-style again, pulling me against his warm, hard chest.

I sighed, "This is becoming a habit, you know."

He chuckled and pulled me tighter against him and I shuddered. But all of a sudden he was serious again, "What did Johanna tell you?"

I stayed silent for a while, considering my options. Will had saved me for the third time in just a couple of days, he had always been there for me when I needed him.

But there was one thing that always let me hesitate. The way he shut me out and became emotionally distant sometimes made me think he was keeping something from me. And if I was to trust him, he would have to trust me too first.

"She told me a bit about my parents. That they weren't only sergeants but also.. scientists. In some sort of a lab," I told him, keeping my voice steady, "and that they have hidden something for me, in the lab."

That was a lot more than I had to tell him. I knew, deep down that I wanted to tell him everything. That's probably why I just couldn't shut up. "I have to go there, Will. It's important."

He didn't say anything, and I just listened to him breathing, while he carried me down the road. When we reached the motel, he let out a sigh. "What lab?"

"My parents used to work in it on.. something."

We had reached our room, and Will put me gently onto the bed, his face close to mine. "Look, Liv: I don't know bow many more times I have to show you but I know when you're keeping things from me."

I was mesmerized by his blue eyes..

"Tell me."

His voice sounded pleading, and a little worried. I took a deep breath and muttered, "They were developing a cure against -well anything- and the government, our navy turned it into a weapon. My parents developed an antidote and hid it somewhere, and I'm supposed to know where it is."

He looked at me as if he was checking if I were lying but when he decided to believe me he turned away and asked, "Do you?"

"Do I what?"

"Do you know where the antidote is?"

I frowned. "No, I don't. And Johanna's telling me that I should go to the 'old lab'."

"Your parents' old lab?"

"Yes, I think so. She died before she could tell me everything."

I remembred her pleading eyes and her vice like grip on my hand.

We both stayed silent for a while, just letting the events of the day soak in.

Will was the one to break the silence, "Let's have a look at your leg."