17

Silence. All I could hear was the faint howl of wind outside the window.

"What?" I whispered.

"I'm so sorry to have to tell you this. But I promise that we will find the murderer," Officer Eveland carried on, "I will be leading the investigations with Inspector Black."

The numbness inside me vanished slowly. It was replaced by anger. All the tears I had shed were enough, I refused to cry any longer.

I stood up, and paced the room quietly. I had to move, or I would really start throwing stuff around like a maniac. "How far are you with the investigations?"

"W-We only just started, Olivia," Officer Eveland stuttered, confused.

I stopped pacing and folded my arms infront of my chest.

"I want to be informed whenever you have something new," I spoke calmly. But inside, I was just waiting to finally be alone.

"I'm afraid we can't do that, it's a private and secret investigation-"

"They were my PARENTS!" I shouted, my voice cracking at the word. I could feel a single angry tear go down my cheak and cursed myself quietly for letting it out. "I LOVED them, and they were murdered! They were murdered and I want to know who did it and why!"

Everyone in the room stared at me in shock and sorrow, but I carried on, a little quieter this time. "So don't tell me it's private. I was their child."

I stared at Officer Eveland, who just nodded, "I understand you, and I really would like to help you, I really do. But I could loose my job if I gave you information and it came out!"

I noticed how Will rounded the couch to stand next to me, his warm body close to mine. "Who says it would come out?" Will replied his voice low.

They stared at each other for a while, Will's blue eyes stern and determined.

"All right. I'll inform you if I find something," Officer Eveland sighed. I relaxed a little and tipped my head back, closing my eyes.

"Will, why don't you take Olivia to her room? I'll just see these two gentlemen to the door," Miss Dawson said standing up. Will put a hand on the small of my back, slowly guiding me to the door. But all of a sudden Stanley Rowden called out to me, "Wait!" I stood and turned to look over my sholder at him.

He jogged to my side and took my hand. "I wish we would've met on different circumstances, but I am still very glad to have met you, Liv." He looked genuinely sad but he still managed a small smile as he added, "You're as beautiful as your mother."

I smiled a small smile back at him before I turned and made my way up to my dorm, Will next to me. We walked in silence, and I was fine with that. The last thing I wanted to hear was some sort of 'everything will be okay' crap. Because I know it will - someday perhaps.

I was so busy thinking that I didn't notice we had arrived infront of my dorm alleady. Will was watching me, I could feel his eyes on me.

Slowly turning to him I let out a small sigh and looked straight at him. "Thanks for helping me in there."

He just nodded and smiled a little, "Anytime."

We just stood there, gazing at each other. His eyes looked guarded as always. Someday I'll find out why, I told my self.

Running a hand through my hair I half smiled one last time at Will and shut the door behind me.