Izaia 35

I had known of Calvin for a while, playing peewee football you run across a lot of people some memorable for what they do on the field and some memorable for their reputation off the field. Me, I was more so that latter... I was always getting in trouble, mainly due to my affiliation with Denzel, don't get me wrong that's my bro and I'm going to always have his back but he had gotten me into a lot of shyt over there years. Maybe if I had focused more of my energy on football rather than ripping and running the streets I would've been able to come up with a way to stop Calvin, yeah I came here because of our date but this was also a scouting mission.... and before y'all start there was no ill-intention, if you've ever played sports then you know you watch tape on your opponents... however, there was no amount of preparations that would get my team ready for Calvin. That dude was a fuckin monster on the field, I'm talkin about him knocking over dudes twice his size, him running so fast that his legs looked like they never touched the ground.... it was scary and I was starting to wonder if he was even human. I sat in the bleachers with Denzel and Eddie, who were both texting on their phone probably trying to meet up with them girls tonight and all I could do was shake my head but it was honestly better than the alternative because Denzel well he........

"Y'all niggas is fucked.... like your team is good but y'all don't got nobody that can stop that nigga Calvin and their defense looks like they were out there trying to kill that white boy." Eddie said and I was so glad that he had faith in us.... and in case y'all missed that, it was sarcasm.

"I'ma have to agree with Eddie, you're good but they got too many weapons." Denzel said and I was starting to grow irritated with these niggas.

"I forgot y'all niggas don't know shyt about sports... when it comes to rivalry games records don't matter, skill don't matter... it's all about passion and who wants it more. It's about pride and bragging rights. But I know y'all got some shyt to handle and so do I so I'll catch y'all later." I said dappin them both up and walking over to my car to wait for Calvin. Ten minutes later Calvin was walking out from the school and my heart did a little tap dance at the smile on his face but the closer he got the more unsure he became.

"I honestly didn't think you'd come." Calvin said quietly and for the smallest space in time I saw eternity.... it was the craziest thing; I saw us both going to the same college, playing on the same team, him being drafted with me sitting next to him cheering him on, me rubbing down his body after a game, our wedding, our kids running around the house getting on his nerves, us growing old.....

"Yeah man I wouldn't have missed it, now when your ass got a bye week I expect to see you at my game but if you're scared to see what we're going to do to you then I'll understand if you wanna take a hard pass." I said licking my lips as the confidence built in his eyes.

"I'm definitely going to be there and I'm going to be sitting in the front row right behind y'alls bench.... and quiet as kept I'm a big shyt talker." Calvin said smiling a little and I swear I wanted nothing more than to just kiss him but that had to wait until later. "So uhh I know we got a date planned and everything but I gotta shower first so do you think your mom would mind if I come to your place and shower so I don't gotta go back home?" Calvin asked and I nodded as my palms became sweaty; would I be able to control myself?

"Yeah sure my mom is working late and she already knows you're coming over so it's no problem, now let's get outta here before one of your teammates try to convince you to come to this party they were talking about at Shooter's house and there's been a slight change in places and our date will take place first thing in the morning." I said getting in the driver seat. "So where did we leave off?" I asked trying to remember our last face to face conversation, but we talked about a lot so it was honestly hard to remember where we left off.