Denzel 39

I was shaking..... I don't know why I was so damn nervous, but then again it had been a while since I had seen my little brother Myzel. He was always a wild card, the very definition of a fire sign; out-going, enthusiastic, very dramatic at times, intense, controlling, and temperamental.... and I was about to tell him about Shannon so that could go in any number of directions. Hazel was here and she always had a very calming personality so hopefully if things go off the rail she'd be able to get his ass in line, I looked down at the menu for the third time and noticed Hazel's boyfriend Kemoko whisper something in her ear, Hazel glanced at me and placed her hand on top of mine basically telling me everything would be alright. It was the moment of truth, I saw Myzel through the window and damn near teared up because he along with Hazel and Vonzel were my world and I really missed them a lot, he walked in the restaurant pausing for a second to flirt with the hostess before making his way over to our table.

"Damn, little nigga you done got tall as fuck." I said standing up and hugging him even though I was lowkey salty that my little brother towered over me if it came to a fight I knew I would still beat his ass. "You been home yet?" I asked trying to get the negative shyt out of the way before we started eating.

"Nah I'm staying at my dad's place..... I feel kinda bad because I don't like leaving Vonnie at home with that bitch but I can't go back there because if I see her I might punch her dead in the face and I don't need them kinda problems while I'm waiting for my court date." Myzel said sliding into the booth and looking at Hazel and Kemoko.

"I feel it, I'm in the process of trying to get Vonnie moved up outta there because the last time I was there....." I said as my skin began to itch remembering the condition of my mom's house. "But I'm glad to see you bro.... how have you been all things considered."

"Jail was horrible and with my pops being deployed food is nonexistent in his house so since you're paying I plan on ordering damn near everything on the menu and I'm getting a couple of to-go boxes." Myzel said and I shrugged, I'd probably give him some money before we part ways but Hazel was giving me that look basically telling me to let know Myzel about Shannon and I knew it was better to get it out now.

"So uhh.... I gotta tell you something." I said looking at him and he seemed focused on his menu but I could tell he was listening. "So listen.... I'm seeing someone, her name is Shannon and she's trans...." I said waiting for a reaction, Myzel's eyes darted across his menu and I couldn't tell what he was thinking.

"More bitches for me.... in all serious Denzel, you're my brother and we're all we got; me, you, Hazel, Vonnie..... I'm not going to turn my back on you because you like different type of women. But if I'm being honest I always knew you were gay because you didn't stop suckin your thumb until you were like fourteen and I always thought that was a little sus."

"Fuck you bro...." I said smiling because I was happy that my brother and sister had my back.

"This is all good and everything but I'm trying to see where you've been staying, you've been super secretive about it and now you really don't have an excuse not to show us." Hazel said and I guess she ha a point, I guess we could go after we ate but right now I just wanted to spend some time with my family.

After we ate Myzel rode with me while Kemoko and Hazel drove a short distance behind us, I was even more nervous about taking them to the house than I was about telling Myzel about Shannon, mainly because I knew if Myzel saw Nayquinn then he was going to punch him, no questions, no words and if that nigga put his hands on my little brother..... When we pulled up the first thing I noticed was Onyx's raggedy ass Toyota, see this was going to be a problem.

"I think we should come back another day." I said looking at Myzel and I could already tell he wasn't feeling it.

"Denzel we're already here, let's just go in and get the tour then we can dip." Myzel said getting out the car and I looked out the mirror and saw that Kemoko and Hazel were already out his car, fuck...... We got out the car and I said a silent prayer because I knew there was going to be some shyt when we got in the house it was unusually quiet, like it seemed as if the house was completely empty. "It smells like feet in here...." Myzel said and I shook my head.

"That's Calvin's fuckin bag...." I said pointing to Calvin' bag that was on the couch, I hated when he left his football shyt in the living room. I walked around and saw him in the backyard with Will and Big John working out. I didn't want to interrupt them so I decided to leave it alone for now. I showed them around thankful that I hadn't run into Nayquinn or his bitch ass boys yet and now we were all chillin in my bedroom.

"This place is nice....." Kemoko said looking around and admiring my spotless room. "So how long do you gotta stay here? You know I got an extra room at my place and you're more than welcomed to stay there as long as you need and that goes for both of y'all." Kemoko said looking at me and Myzel

"I appreciate it bro but I don't wanna intrude on you and Hazel, plus I'm stuck here until I graduate." I said shrugging.

"I'm good at my pop's place, he's coming back in a few weeks and when he gets back he's going to start the process of getting custody of me, I'll be way more comfortable with him then I would be at your place because I don't wanna hear what y'all be doing at night." Myzel said shaking his head.

"Aight well the offer its there.... I gotta go get something out of the car." Kemoko said getting up and walking out the room and as soon as he was gone Myzel turned to Hazel and stared at her for a second.

"Does he know?" Myzel asked and I looked at them confused and Hazel seemed confused by his question as well. "Damn you dumb as fuck.... just know I'm not babysitting." Myzel said closing his eyes and laying back against my bed.

"Myzel, I'm not pregnant...." Hazel said quietly.

"If you say so.... but I can tell and you should go buy a pregnancy test just to be certain." Myzel said and seconds later he was sleep. I looked at Hazel trying to see what he was seeing but to me, she looked exactly the way she always did.

"Do you wanna go get a test?" I asked looking at her because I wanted to know for sure and Hazel nodded. "I really don't wanna leave Myzel here by himself but I also know he's the type of person who wakes up swinging and I'm not trying to beat his ass today." I said getting up and we walked outside. The ride was quick and when we got back everything still seemed extremely quiet... too quiet.

"Can you.... can you keep Kemoko busy while I do this?" Hazel asked and I nodded, before giving her some privacy. I walked outside where Kemoko was talking with Supreme and Mauricio.

"Where'd y'all go?" He asked and I told him we went to the store real quick and that didn't seem to set off any alarms. "How y'all know each other?" I asked because Kemoko wasn't the type of person who spoke to people he didn't know.

"Mauricio and Marcelino are my bros forreal... I've known this little nigga since he was a snot nose little kid, he used to live down the street from me back in the day and I know Supreme from around the way." Kemoko said.

"Yeah I was just telling Kem about my Halloween Party and I know his ass better be there." Supreme said smirking before whispering something in Mauricio's ear. "I'll let y'all know more details as I get the party together, Kem I'll catch you later." Supreme said dapping him up and leaving me alone with Kemoko.

"Ayy you should really give some thought to my offer and I'm cooking dinner on Sunday so you should come and bring your girl.... but look I gotta get going so you mind telling my baby that we got some moves to make? On second thought I'll go get her....." Kemoko said and I figured Hazel had more than enough time to find out whether she was pregnant or not so I didn't try to stop him, as we walked down the hall Hazel was exiting my room at the same time Onyx and Raynard were leaving Nayquinn's room.

"Damn you cute as fuck.... what's your name?" Raynard asked and Hazel didn't seem to hear them, the look on her face confirming everything. "Oh, so you one of them stuck up bitches.... Ayy girl don't you hear me talking to you?" Raynard said grabbing Hazel's wrist..... there was literally no stopping what was about to happen; Myzel decided to walk out the room at the exact time Raynard grabbed our sister and Kemoko was already halfway down the hall.... well, if my bros swing then I'm swinging as well and once again we were all in the hallway fighting...........................