Calvin 69

I shouldn't be this damn sore and I shouldn't feel this depressed and isolated.... it was rivalry week and while most of the school was getting hyped, no one outside of; Shooter, the twins, Nayquinn, and Ziggy were speaking to me. Even my coaches were giving me a lot more heat than I was used to, yesterday at practice I was forced to play on all three teams; first team, second team, and even special teams and about halfway through practice it became clear that there was a target on my back but no one would give me an answer as to what I had done to piss everyone off. Maybe it was my relationship with Izaia but they have known about that for a couple of weeks or maybe it was because of the recent scholarship offer I had just received from Georgia.... I'm not sure but on the one week we were supposed to be united I felt more isolated than ever and it didn't help that we had yet another all-night practice, at this rate I wasn't sure I'd make it to Thursday game because it had gotten to the point that getting out of bed was a struggle. As I walked to my locker to get my shyt for practice, I opened it up to find all my equipment missing and my locker was filled with rubber snakes...... see this is the shyt I'm talking about.........

"Calvin, you're my bro so when I tell you this it's not because I'm trying to hurt your feelings or anything.... but you need to fuckin quit, because this shyt right here is weak as fuck and for them niggas to do this shyt right before THE GAME.... It tells me they're not trying to win." Shooter said as I threw the snakes in the garbage.

"Maybe they're just trying to get me mad so that I ball out on Thursday." I said shrugging as I went to grab my stuff only to remember it was missing.

"You give them niggas too much credit, these are the same niggas that played a full game with itching powder in their jockstraps on a fuckin dare." Shooter said and I froze in the hallway.

"Weren't you the one who made the dare?" I asked and he kept walking as if he didn't hear me. "I really wanna know what's going on and why no one is talking to me, or if they do all they do is make hissing noises." I said then I realized that we weren't heading to the parking lot. "Where are we going?" I asked but Shooter kept walking until we reached the locker room.

"Ayy Shooter you need to dip because last time I checked you got kicked off the team." This dude named Joe said and Shooter turned to him and smiled.

"Well in that case you need to leave too because last time I checked you, haven't touched the field at all this season, matter fact I'm trying to figure out how you got on the team let alone managed to stay on the team." Shooter said and Joe's face flushed with rage. "Now what's y'alls issue with my boy? A lot of y'all run around claiming to be 'real niggas' but when he came to y'all like men y'all wanna act like y'all don't have shyt to say.... Zig, this supposed to be your best friend wassup?"

"I told him, there's been some talk going around that he's planning on throwing the game to his weak ass boyfriend and he's planning on linking up with them niggas next year.... I don't wanna believe it but Calvin you gotta admit that ever since you got with that nigga you've been distant, you don't chill with us anymore and you spend all your time with them orph... them group home niggas. Just earlier that nigga Nayquinn got suspended for attacking Reese for no reason and you didn't help your boy out..... it just looks sketchy." Ziggy said unable to meet my eyes.

"Aight listen.... I'm going to let that 'orphan' comment slide but Nayquinn has always been a hothead, I don't know what's come over him but at the same time I gotta live with that nigga and I'm not trying to spend every waking moment beefin with him over something stupid. What if I had gotten injured? Then y'all niggas would be shyt outta luck.... Now let me address these damn rumors once and for all, I have no desire to leave this team or this school; the way I see it this is MY team. Me and Izaia's relationship barely revolves around football; yeah we watch games together, and yeah we've been on ONE college trip together but other than that we talk about more important shyt." I said looking around the room and daring any of them to say anything.

"All the same Calvin.... you gotta admit, shyt looks suspect. What would you think if one of us were letting one of our rivals see our playbook? Hell Brick's cousin goes to school in another city and they don't even talk during the football season and yet Izaia is riding around with our playbook." Ziggy said and I felt like the wind had gotten knocked outta me. "What you didn't know? Coach K went there earlier and almost got into with Izaia's coach, the principle had Izaia's car searched and once they found the playbook of course he lied and said he didn't know how it got in there but if you didn't give it to him that can only mean that he stole it." Ziggy said.

"Y'all got five minutes to get out on the field." Coach K said storming into the locker room causing everyone to jump, then there was a scramble and within two minutes they were all heading outside.

"Ayy Coach my equipment is missing." I said and he looked like he wanted to throw me through one of these lockers.

"Two minutes." He said checking his watch and walking out leaving me furious. It wasn't my best practice, in fact, it was probably the worst practice anyone in the world has had in the history of any sports. Shooter sat in the bleachers watching and once he saw that I could barely walk off the field he ran over to me and basically told Coach K to go fuck himself while he helped me to the locker room.

"Calvin you're fuckin throwing up blood bro.... fuck this shyt and fuck this game I'm taking you to the hospital, don't try to argue and I'm calling Will." Shooter said running out and leaving doubled over in pain.

Around nine I was finally discharged, it wasn't anything too serious, I just took a hit that could've been much worse but thankfully it wasn't anything I couldn't recover from over the next few days. When we got back to the house, Izaia was sitting out front looking like his world had ended and I felt his pain, but I was pissed at him because I knew for a fact my playbook was in my room before Supreme's party.

"I got suspended from the team..... they trying to say that I stole your playbook and cheating isn't tolerated...... I might even be getting suspended from school for stealing." Izaia said unable to meet my eyes. "I didn't take it.... I know how good I am, and I know how good my team is.... but I wanted to beat you fair and square.... so there's no way that you could've possibly left your playbook in my car?" Izaia asked.

"No! It was definitely in my room because I remember me and Ziggy were going over some plays on Thursday when he left I definitely put it in my desk and didn't take it out any time after that." I said moving towards him.

"Well I definitely didn't take it and you definitely didn't leave it in my car...... so I'm guessing it just teleported out your room. Well, there goes my future.... Denzel, you ready?" Izaia said as Denzel and Eddie walked outside. Izaia didn't say another word he just chucked two fingers and sped off, while I stormed in the house ready to beat someone's ass.

"Bro calm down...." Anjo said as Will paced around the living room.

"Nah that nigga is a bitch and I told him when Calvin got a concussion if there was one more incident I was going to break my leg off in his ass. Obviously he thinks I'm Ahteeheehee playin so I'm going to have to show him I'm not." Will said and I was guessing he was talking about Coach K but I didn't feel like entertaining this bullshyt right now so I went up to my room, grabbed a shoebox out of my closet and took out a pill bottle. I walked into the bathroom and my hands were shaking as I poured two pills out and looked at them....

"Oh my bad...." Nayquinn said walking in wearing his work uniform but he had a towel over his shoulder. "Your teammates are all pussy and when I get back to school I'm beating that nigga Reese's ass.... again, and then I'm beating that nigga Ziggy's ass." Nayquinn said causing me to stare at him.

"Why must you always start shyt? Ziggy hasn't done shyt to you and yet you wanna fight him. I swear from the moment you walked through the doors you've been a pain in the ass.... like what the fuck is your deal?" I asked growing even more heated with the smile that was growing on his doofy ass face.

"Because that nigga was going to blackmail me.... and seeing as how I don't take well to threats he has it coming and furthermore, you should want to beat his ass too after what he made Shymal do." Nayquinn said still smiling. "What? It was a badly kept secret that Izaia somehow ended up with your playbook, how do you think it got in his car if you didn't take it and he didn't steal it.... you wanna know, fine I'll tell you." Nayquinn said smiling and once he was finished telling me the story about Ziggy and Shymal all the anger I had been feeling since my mom died had been turned to one person, a person I THOUGHT was my best friend...................................