Denzel 62

"What I'm about to tell you is the honest to got truth, every single word so listen closely because I'm not telling this story ever again.... it happened a few months ago I had just started talking to Shannon and everything was going good, we were getting to know each other and she told me about one of her friends." I said looking at my little brother who was hanging on to my every word. "Myzel what you gotta understand is it's hard as fuck to be a trans-person, there are dudes out here who know they're dealing with a transwoman but get scared that they'll be outed and they kill them and they get off based on these bullshyt ass 'panic laws'." I said shaking my head because the very thought of that shyt pissed me off.

"Aight so what exactly is gay panic laws?" Myzel asked and I took a deep breath, this shyt was harder than I thought it would be. I got up and started searching the house for something to calm my nerves but I couldn't find anything, so I just went back into the living room and sat down. "Take your time D' there's no rush." Myzel said quietly.

"The Gay Panic Law is basically a legal strategy which asks a jury to find that a victim's sexual orientation or gender identity is to blame for the defendant's violent reaction, including murder. So say for example you're with a woman and you find out she's trans you can basically use the law to say that you had a moment of rage and basically get away with killing them.... even if you already know they're trans if you use that excuse you're more likely to get off. Well there was this one dude.... a white boy who was attracted to black transwomen. He had a habit of hooking up with them and after he got his nut he would beat their ass and one incident he ended up killing one of Shannon's friends....." I said shaking my head.

"Damn that's fucked up." Myzel said shaking his head.

"That shyt hurt Shannon to her core and I was pissed, to make matters worse there was a rumor going around that the dude was still cruising through the LGBT district looking for more transwomen and I don't know something in me just snapped, I met up with some older dudes who I knew through Shannon and we were discussing it and the white dude well he showed up with some friends at one of the clubs that is known to be where a lot of transwomen hung out and he was looking for a fight. So we showed up and gave them one.... it was bad, we whooped their ass.... like it was bad My, there was blood everywhere and I just blacked out..... one of the dudes told me that I mangled the dudes face. I got locked up and I was even worse in there.... I didn't like being in a cage and if it weren't for a technicality and Devin I'd probably still be." I said shaking my head.

"I heard about you, they said you were always fighting.... the C.O.'s, the other inmates, pretty much anyone." Myzel said and I nodded because what he had heard was the truth. "They said that you'd only go after the white ones though.... so that's the reason?" Myzel asked.

"That incident changed me Myzel, those dudes... called me all types of niggers and they were saying shyt like they were going to hang me up from a tree and set my body on fire..... It took me a while before I could look at a white person without feeling an uncontrollable rage." I said. "I don't know what Devin did to get me out but I'm glad he did.... being in there wasn't good for me, it brought out something primal in me...... maybe it has a lot to do with our mom." I said shrugging.

"I wouldn't doubt it, she really fucked us up..... I mean from the time we could walk she had no problem calling us all types of niggers and dirty little monkeys. We had grow up in a racist household so that pretty much shaped who were are, I found it funny how our mom loves black dick but hates her black kids." Myzel said and I nodded in agreement. "By the way it doesn't change how I look at you D' in truth it makes me admire you even more because you were fighting for people who are oppressed, you were defending your girl.... I could never fault you for that." Myzel said. "Maybe one day I'll tell you about the shyt I've done, you want some pizza I'm hungry?" Myzel said getting up and walking over to his phone.