Chapter 5

Of course luck wasn't on his side once again. The food was somewhat okay but the people that were surrounding him were anything except from okay. Taehyung had decided to pick a spot that looked pretty empty, but within a few minutes he was surrounded by four gross looking guys. They weren't clearly there to make small talk with him or join him for lunch. He knew why they were here and it freaked him out. He didn't want anything to do with them and the fact that two of them were way too close for his liking wasn't helping either. Taehyung could only look down at his untouched plate and hope they would leave him alone if he ignored them. His breathes were heavy and his heartbeat was going at a rapid speed. He started to shake softly and his body filled itself with anxiety.

"Come on princess, talk to us. We would like to get to know you before we take you to our secret spot." One of the men said while he smirked evilly at Taehyung. The man creeped him out, he knew they only wanted him for his body and he was feeling really uncomfortable. Taehyung felt how the man on his left slided closer to him and a rough hand travelled up his upper leg. He immediately flinched at the feeling, darting away from the man. Only to land in the arms of the other man on his right. He felt how the other man travelled his hands up his torso, getting way too close to his neck and face. Heavy breaths made their way out of Taehyung's mouth and tears started to form in his eyes. Taehyung felt completely helpless and alone in this moment, there was nobody in here that would rescue him from these four men and he could only hope that the guards would see what was happening anytime soon.

"Do you wanna come with us princes-" The man that had started to talk suddenly fell silent and the hands that were traveling up Taehyung's body left him in an instant.

"Leave." Jungkook's voice came out of nowhere, his voice dangerously low and demanding. All four of the man did immediately what Jungkook told them and within five seconds Taehyung's table was completely empty. He heard how Jungkook took place in front of him and he gave the brown haired boy a quick glance. Jungkook didn't look at him though, he just started to eat his lunch like nothing happened before. Taehyung slowly grabbed some of his old and almost hardened bread. He gave a quick look at the food Jungkook got and a slightly jealous feeling took him over. He wanted to have what the other was having. He had no idea how Jungkook got what he had but he was willing to do whatever it took to get the same kind of food he had.

Taehyung saw how Jungkook gave him a short look and before he knew it Jungkook threw one of his fresh breads with fried egg onto his plate. Taehyung stared at it with big eyes, not believing what just happened. His eyes darted from Jungkook to his plate and he saw how Jungkook reached out to his cup filled with some old milk. Jungkook stood up with Taehyung's cup, walking over to the sink and he threw it all away. He slowly made his way back to the blonde haired boy and sat down in front of him again. Jungkook grabbed his own cup and emptied half of it in Taehyung's one. He placed the cup in front of Taehyung and grabbed hold of his own food.

"Eat." Was the only word that left Jungkook's mouth and without thinking twice Taehyung started to devour the new food and drink. He didn't know that he could be happy with such a small thing. When he was at home bread with eggs meant nothing to him, but here it tasted like a whole five course meal. He loved every bite of it and it was too soon gone for his liking. He was happy that he finally got to eat something though, his stomach did immediately feel a whole lot better and a happy sigh left his mouth. Taehyung slowly looked up at the boy in front of him, he was still scared of the boy but not as much as he was before. Maybe the boy wasn't as bad as he first thought he was, maybe the boy just had a short temper.

Taehyung gave Jungkook a thankful look, still not feeling comfortable to talk to him. Jungkook finished his food and he stood up from the table. Taehyung had no idea if he should follow the boy or stay seated, he didn't know what the other expected from him. Jungkook looked back at Taehyung seeing that he wasn't following him.

"You coming Cinderella?" Jungkook said and he started to leave the room, dropping his plate at the counter by the exit. Taehyung didn't need to think twice about the invitation, he would do anything to leave this room with all the creepy men. Within a few seconds Taehyung had dropped his plate at the counter and had followed Jungkook outside. The brown haired boy sat on a small stone wall out of sight of the guards. Taehyung slowly walked up to him, still somewhat of afraid of the male. The fact that he shared his food with him didn't mean he wouldn't kill him. He walked up to the male and awkwardly stopped a short distance away from him. He saw how Jungkook lighted a cigarette and Taehyung's eyes widened at the sight.

"Don't worry Cinderella I'm allowed to smoke. You gonna sit down or are you staying there the whole time?" Jungkook said to Taehyung while one of his eyebrows was raised questionably. Taehyung slowly walked up the brown haired male and placed himself next to him on the stone wall.

"You want one?" Jungkook asked while he held the pack of cigarettes in front of Taehyung.

"N..No thanks." Taehyung whispered back.

"Figured so, you didn't seem like the smoking type to me." Jungkook said back while he took another heave of his cigarette. Taehyung could only look at the other in shock. He had no idea why the other was even talking to him or why he asked him to sit with him. He didn't even know why Jungkook helped him back in the canteen. He knew nothing about the other and it scared him. The same guy who helped him was also the guy who killed his last cell mate and that fact alone was enough to make Taehyung shiver with fear. He really wanted to know why the other helped him though.

"W..why did you help me b..back in the canteen?" Taehyung stuttered softly. It took him all his courage just to ask that question alone.

"You helped me in the laundry, a deed for a deed. It's as simple as that." Jungkook answered casually while he took another heave of his cigarette. "Anyone coming to see you tonight? Visiting hour is at seven."

Taehyung looked up at the other again, he didn't expect another question from the male beside him. "I hope my mom comes and visits me." he answered while tears started to fill his eyes once again. It had only been two days but he already missed his family big time. He and his family had always been close with each other, but now that one of the sons was dead and the other was in prison not much of the happy family was left.

Silence fell between the boys, both of them occupied inside their own minds. It wasn't until twenty minutes later that an officer yelled that break time was over and they had to go back to their jobs both boys were shaken from their own minds. Taehyung and Jungkook both jumped down from the wall, the later looked like he was in a lot less pain than an hour before and together they walked back to the laundry. Taehyung was glad he could go back to the simple task that would keep him occupied for the rest of the afternoon, Jungkook on the other hand was everything but glad. He hated the job but he was willing to put up with it for only today. He knew he couldn't take anymore hits and just for the sake of his precious body he would keep himself under the radar.

Taehyung was glad Jungkook kept in line for the rest of the day, he was glad he could pretend to be invisible.