Chapter 14

"This is your last warning Jeon, do the routine or face the consequences!" Taehyung flinched slightly at the loud yelling coming from the guard that was right in front of him and Jungkook. Last night's events had changed something in Jungkook, something bad. It had been weeks since Jungkook disobeyed the rules at the prison. It had been weeks since Taehyung had to make use of his blankets to make a makeshift cooling mechanism for Jungkook's bruises. It had been weeks since Taehyung saw the lifeless and arrogant look in Jungkook's eyes. It had been weeks since Jungkook lay with his back turned to Taehyung when they slept in the same bed.

The last few weeks had been going pretty smoothly for both Taehyung and Jungkook, Jungkook somewhat obeyed the rules and for weeks they hadn't been the centre of commotion if there was something happening. Jungkook's body had been getting stronger and there wasn't a single bruise left on his honey coloured skin. The healthier he got the prettier he looked in Taehyung's eyes and it had been on more than one occasion that he hadn't been able to rip his eyes from the boy's bare back.

At night they always layed with their faces looking at each other. Jungkook most of the nights falling asleep before Taehyung did, giving the blonde boy unlimited time to scan over the relaxed features of Jungkook's face before he would fall asleep himself. Last night was nothing like that. Jungkook had almost instantly turned his back to Taehyung with a soft 'night leaving his mouth. His muscles had stayed tense unlike any other night and a scary vibe emerged from the boy's body. The moment the guard had woken them up and ordered them to do their usual morning routine things started to get down hill even faster. Jungkook kept laying with his back to Taehyung, ignoring the guard completely. It had taken three rough shakes of Taehyung's hand on his shoulder to get the boy up with an irritated huff. Jungkook had left the cell without sparing a look at Taehyung, hanging against the bars with his arms folded. With soft steps Taehyung had followed the boy outside and just by looking at Jungkook he had already known what was gonna happen next. Jungkook looked exactly like he did the first few weeks Taehyung had come inside the prison and it scared Taehyung more than anything. He liked the version of Jungkook that he was lately, sure he still had a short temper and radiate some form of aggression and angryness but there were sweet and peaceful moments too. Moments that hadn't been there when Taehyung had first entered the prison, moments Taehyung didn't wanna loose. Jungkook had become somewhat of a friend to him and made the fact that he had to stay at this hellhole a little bit more bearable, something he wasn't ready to lose so soon.

Taehyung snapped back to reality when he heard the first blow hit Jungkook right next to him. Taehyung's eyes widened and before he could fully register what was happening Jungkook had been dragged out into the open and two other guards made their way over to the struggling younger. Within twenty seconds all three guards where hitting Jungkook like he was some kind of rag doll. The first few hits looked like they did nothing to his cellmate, but the more hits that followed the more Jungkook crawled himself up into a ball to somewhat lessen the impact of the hits. The moment Jungkook fell down on his hands and knees heavy laughter sounded through the room and with one last hit they left the boy alone, giving him a warning that next time they wouldn't stop at that point and go a little further if he touched one of their friends ever again. Not a sound had left Jungkook's mouth the whole time and the only thing Taehyung could do was watch the whole act in fear of the health of his friend.

"KIM! Help him up and go to the breakfast room. If I were you I would make sure he starts behaving like he did before or the consequences will be much worse next time." The guard whisper yelled at Taehyung and gave him a soft nod allowing him to leave his position and go to Jungkook. With a few quick steps Taehyung ran over to Jungkook and dropped himself on his knees next to the wounded younger. Taehyung softly placed a hand on Jungkook's shoulder, only for it to be shrugged off by his cellmate immediately.

"Kook, please. You need help." Taehyung tried to lock eyes with Jungkook, but the younger refused to look his way. With a soft sigh Taehyung placed his arm over Jungkook's back and forced one of Jungkook's arms over his shoulders. "I know that you don't want this, but you're in no position to deny me or get up yourself so please let me help you." Taehyung started to get up slowly, soft grunts leaving Jungkook's mouth occasionally.

"Can you walk?" Worry laced Taehyung's voice and he gave the brown haired boy a concerned look. Jungkook's eyes where barely open and his body hung heavy against Taehyung's one. "I could carry you-"

"NO!" Jungkook whisper yelled at Taehyung while he tried to unwrap himself from the elder boy.

"Stop it! You are in no world able to walk by yourself right now. I get it that you don't like this at all, but we have no other options. So either start walking or let me carry you!" Anger voiced through Taehyung's voice. He was done with Jungkook's bratty attitude and the fact that the younger thought that he could do everything by himself while he clearly was in no position to do so at the moment. They locked eyes for a short moment before Taehyung slowly started to walk with a beaten Jungkook on his side. Slowly they made their way over to the breakfast room, soft grunts leaving Jungkook's mouth whenever Taehyung would walk to fast or bend is his body in certain angles. They made their way over to their usual table and with a soft tud Taehyung sat Jungkook down on the bench.

"Lie against the wall so your muscles can relax a little, I will get breakfast for the both of us." Taehyung ordered and he left Jungkook to do as he said. When he came back he was glad to see that Jungkook had followed his orders and indeed lay with his back against the wall to lessen the tension on his muscles a little. Taehyung placed the plate down in front of him and offered Jungkook a piece of bread with egg. Jungkook watched him through hooded eyes and slowly grabbed the piece from Taehyung's hand.

"I know you don't wanna hear it but you need to rely on me for the rest of the day Kook. Just do what I tell you or your body will be even worse by tonight. Don't fight me on this, please. I just wanna help you, I hate seeing you like this" Taehyung whispered without looking at Jungkook. The younger never gave him an answer but by the actions that followed the rest of the day Taehyung understood that Jungkook was indeed doing what he had asked of him. Taehyung had placed Jungkook against their counter at the washing room, ordering him to touch nothing and let Taehyung do all the work. Whenever he had the chance Taehyung sat Jungkook down on one of the baskets to release his legs from the constant weight of his body. He was quick to learn the walking route of the guards and a few hours later Taehyung could blindly tell Jungkook when he was being able to sit down and when he needed to stand up and look busy. A small smirk had formed on Jungkook's mouth at seeing Taehyung pick up on these skills so easily. After watching Taehyung and seeing if he indeed got the walking routes right for himself he followed the orders that Taehyung barked under his breath against him without any problems. It had been right before lunch break that Taehyung had ordered him to get up and follow him to the toilets. Taehyung kept looking with worry at Jungkook and once they reached the stalls he pushed Jungkook inside one of them, following him instantly after checking if nobody had followed them.

"Sit." Taehyung ordered once again and pointed a finger at the toilet seat. "I need to see how bad the bruises are." He helped Jungkook to sit down on the toilet and slowly started to lift his shirt. Taehyung's eyes immediately grew wide when he saw the already black and blue bruises being formed on Jungkook's body. SHIT. Taehyung softly placed a finger against one of the bruises and Jungkook immediately flinched away from his touch with an angry grumble leaving his mouth. Taehyung's eyes darted over Jungkook's body and there was literally almost no normal skin visible. His whole torso was covered in nasty black and blue bruises and when there weren't any bruises the skin had turned an angry red colour. Fuck. There was no way he was being able to cool the bruises properly right now and by the looks of it the bruises where going to need a lot more caring than just some cooling with a blanket. The only problem with that was that Taehyung literally had no other options in their small shared cell once they got back.

Taehyung gave Jungkook his shirt back and helped the younger to get it on properly. Again some groans of discomfort left Jungkook's mouth and Taehyung helped the boy up to get back to the breakfast room that now served purpose as lunch room. He repeated the same routine he did this morning and not even two minutes later he was offering Jungkook little pieces of food while he thought of a plan to help the younger.

The only thing Taehyung could do right now was pray for a miracle.