Chapter 29

Last night had been terrible for Taehyung. He couldn't sleep at all and kept thinking about Jungkook's warning. Not only had he found out that Jungkook knew his brother, but he had also found out that his brother had been part of a illegal gang all along without Taehyung knowing or suspecting anything at all. Of course Taehyung knew that he hadn't killed his own brother but finding out that the person who did was way closer than he thought wasn't a great feeling at all. To know that someone who could be really close to him right now was responsible for not only the killing of Taehyung's brother but also for the fact that Taehyung had ended up in prison made Taehyung anxious and restless. He didn't know these people well enough to say they didn't do it and for all he knew one of those five guys in the van could be the person who did it.

Yoongi would fit in the picture. He could explode out of nowhere. He looked angry most of the time and would do anything to protect Jimin, including murdering someone to protect the cute little boy. Taehyung could see him do it, but on the other hand Yoongi wasn't someone to frame somebody else. That just didn't go with him, if he did something he would own up to it instead of framing somebody else.

Jimin was completely out of the question, the boy was great with computers but Taehyung couldn't see him murder someone.

Namjoon on the other hand was a possible candidate. Taehyung hadn't had the chance to speak with him one on one yet, but he knew the elder was capable of more that he showed. Namjoon didn't speak much when Taehyung was around but he observed continuously. Taehyung could see Namjoon scanning the room and analyzing everything constantly. He was pretty sure that Namjoon was capable of way more than he lead on.

Hoseok and Jin were both out of the question. Hoseok was way too friendly and sweet to be capable of both murdering and framing someone to have done it, sure he kept on eye on Taehyung on their way to their headquarters but Taehyung didn't see him do more than just that. Jin on the other hand would know how to kill someone but Taehyung didn't get a murderer vibe around the eldest. There was no way Jin would frame Taehyung and speak to him a while later like nothing ever happened. It just wasn't an option with the whole motherly vibe Jin gave off.

Taehyung's last option had been Jungkook but Taehyung was sure the younger hadn't done it, there was just no way.

Of course it could also be someone Taehyung hadn't met yet but he didn't believe that was the case. Judging by the fact that Jungkook had been really serious about it. Taehyung just didn't believe that Jungkook would make such a big fuss over it if it was just a member of the gang. He could remove that person easily without anyone knowing and everything would be forgotten. The only problem was that Jungkook did make a big fuss over it, making Taehyung believe it had to be someone close to the younger and he didn't like that fact at all.

After much tossing and turning Taehyung had finally been able to fall asleep, only to wake up in an empty bed a few hours later. After waking he up Taehyung believed that Jungkook would be downstairs in the kitchen once again, only to find it empty except from a box of cereal, an empty bowl and a note on the counter.

Something came up, I will be back late.
You will be picked up at ten, your clothes are on the couch.
You can find milk in the fridge, see you tonight.

                                                                                                        ~J.JK~

Suspecting Jin to be the one who would pick Taehyung up the boy started his breakfast, dressed himself and waited for the clock to strike ten while reading a random book he found on one of Jungkook's shelves filled with books. One about a murder mystery to be precise, oh the irony. The book itself wasn't that good to be honest, but it kept him occupied for the time being.