Chapter 8

Taehyung didn't forget the conversation they had that lunch break, but he never asked more about it either. There were a few things from that conversation that Taehyung had wanted to know though. One of them being who Jungkook really was.

Jungkook had said him something about Taehyung not knowing who he really was and it had sparked Taehyung's curiosity ever since. Who was his cell mate and why did he laugh about the fact that Taehyung didn't know him? Taehyung had no idea how but he wanted to find out who he was actually sharing a cell with. He decided to let it rest for now but one day he would find out.

Another thing that had sparked his curiosity was the fact that Jungkook had told him that he wouldn't be here for much longer. He had no idea what the younger had meant by that. Was he getting released? Was he getting transferred? Was he trying to kill himself? What was is that the younger had in mind and that Taehyung couldn't wrap his head around. Of course he was also shocked by all the things Jungkook had done to get in here but he wasn't surprised. The younger took hit after hit like it was nothing so his life outside of this prison had to be pretty bad too. A normal person could never do what Jungkook did.

With a soft sigh Taehyung had finished their laundry for that day. He folded and put away every piece by himself while Jungkook had just been looking at him with a huge smirk on his face the whole time. At dinner Jungkook once again shared his food with Taehyung, the blonde boy more than happy that he could eat something good for a second time that day. He was thankful Jungkook decided to share his food every time with him and if Taehyung could guess right it had something to do with the fact that Taehyung did Jungkook's job in the laundry. Ever since he started to do that Jungkook had started to share his food with him and Taehyung would keep doing what he did right now, not wanting to take the risk of losing the good food again. Good food was rare in the prison and he would do everything to keep it like it was now.

Dinner ended pretty soon and all of the inmates were instructed to get back to their cells for the evening routine again. All the men lined up outside their cells like they did every night, hands in front of them and heads down. Alle of them except Jungkook. Taehyung hated it with every bone is his body. He knew that it was coming every night, but he still hated it. It was something that Jungkook had to do, something that he wouldn't give up and Taehyung just had to deal with it every time he decided to do it. Little did he know that this time would be completely different than all the other beatings he had seen up until now.

"Everybody in formation!" The guard yelled and he started to walk passed all of them to see if they did as they were asked. Taehyung's heart started to beat faster and his breaths were becoming heavier with every step the guard set. Anxiety filled his veins once again and he closed his eyes, not ready for the beating Jungkook was going to recieve. He heard how the guard stepped in front of the two young boys and halted his step right in front of Jungkook.

"JEON! Why are you disobeying the routine once again?" The guard yelled at Jungkook. Taehyung shut his eyes from the heavy yelling in front of him and his muscles tensed up. If he could go back in his cell right now and wrap himself up inside his way too small blanket he would. Jungkook never gave the guard an answer and it was clear that it pissed the man off even more.

"I'm so fucking done with this kid." The man grumbled low. "Maybe this will teach you that you should obey me Jeon!" The man yelled right in Jungkook's face. He grabbed Jungkook by his arm and shoved him forcefully in front of Taehyung. Taehyung had slowly opened his eyes to get a glimpse of all the commotion going on but he wished he had kept them closed.

"OFFICER LEE, CAN I GET SOME HELP OVER HERE!?" The guard yelled at his colleague that was probably one floor below them. Taehyung heard how the the other man finished up his rounds below them and with quick steps he jogged up the stairs and walked over to the guard and Jungkook.