Epilogue

"Should I really be doing this?" Jungkook asked Taehyung, a nervous tone lacing his voice. Taehyung began to laugh softly before nodding his head. "You spend three months looking for this place Kookie, you can't back out now." The blonde boy answered his boyfriend, a reassuring tone lacing his voice. Softly the ravenette nodded before looking at the place he had been standing front off for the past 10 minutes. "Okay let's go."

Currently both boys were standing in front of a beautiful small white church in the middle of the woods. Anyone who didn't know that the white building was hidden here would probably never find it, however somehow Jungkook did manage to find it. Beautiful flowers were surrounding the small white church and sunlight was illuminating it. This place looked like it was heaven itself.

Both boys slowly made their way towards the big white doors of the building and slowly pushed them open once they reached them. Even though the doors were pretty heavy both boyfriends managed to open them and immediately stood inside a beautiful church. Benches were standing on each side of the room and a small path was made in between them. In the far front of the church was a small podium placed from where a pastor could talk to anyone who visited the church.

Jungkook looked at the inside of the building with great care. This had been the church his mother used to visit when she was still alive. This was the sole place where Jeon Aera had decided to change her way of life. This place had meant a lot to the gang leader's mother and thus it meant a lot to Jungkook as well.

"Good afternoon boys." A pastor suddenly spoke from behind the two boys. Immediately Taehyung and Jungkook turned around, only to be met with the friendly face of A pastor dressed in a white robe. The man looked like he had to be at least 70 years old and peace and calmness radiated of the man. Both boys greeted the man back and bowed for him in a respectfull manner. "What can I do for you two?"

"Well, I was looking for someone who might have known my mother, Jeon Aera?" The ravenette spoke softly, a nervous tone clearly lacing his voice.  This place was the one place who had gotten to know his mother as the woman she had truly been instead of the lies Mr. Jeon had spread about her. The gang leader hoped to find out a bit more about the woman who had died while trying to give him a better life. When Aera had died Jungkook had been only four and apart form some pictures the boy had absolutely nothing that had belonged to his mother once. All his live he had been told lies about her and it was about damn time he truly got to know the amazing person his mother had been.  She deserved to be remembered as the person who she had really been, as well as Jungkook deserved to know what his mother had really been like when she was still alive.

"My my my, you must be Jungkook then hmmh." The pastor answered, a friendly smile immediately covering his face. "I knew your mother very well boy." The old man spoke before he gestured both boys outside and all three of them took place on a bench in the middle of the flowers next to the church. Sunlight was shining down on them and a soft breeze rushed past them.

"Your mother was one of the purest souls I have ever met." The pastor spoke as soon as he sat down while locking eyes with Jungkook. The ravenette immediately nodded, eager to get as much information about his mother from this man as possible. "She came here completely lost and I highly believe that it was an accident she actually found this place." The pastor continued, a smile present on his face at the thought of the young woman that had entered this church all those years ago.

The old man continued to tell the story of how Jeon Aera had found this small church all those years ago. A young woman who had been completely lost in the woods after taking a walk in it. A big thunderstorm had made her seek shelter and the first thing she had seen had been the small white church. Aera had then met the same man who Jungkook was now talking to. A man who had dedicated his life to the church and talked about how he looked at life together with the young woman. Aera had immediately been highly interested in everything the pastor had been telling her and had asked if she could become like him too, sin free. Ofcourse the young woman had told the man everything about the horrible life she had lived and how she was anything but sin free. Ever since then Aera had visited the church every Sunday while she had changed her life completely in order to live by the rules of the bible.

"Your mother was a smart, passionate young woman full of love." The pastor told both boys who were sitting on the bench beside him. "Even though she turned to Christianity at an older age it didn't mean she wasn't passionate about it, she was the most passionate woman I've ever met." The man finished his story while looking at the two boys. Jungkook had a small smile on his face while hearing the man talk about his mother in such a loving way. It had been the first time someone had talked about her like this.

"Tell me Jungkook, do you know what your mother's name means?" the pastor then asked, a friendly tone lacing his voice. Immediately Jungkook began to shake his head, a confused look on his face. "Aera means love." The priest then proceeded to tell him while looking at the sky, a small smile on his face. "And I always loved how well that name suited your mother because her love for you is what kept her going." The old man spoke clearly, looking down again and locking eyes with the raven haired boy next to him. "Your mother loved you more than anything else in this world, don't you ever forget that."

Tears slowly began to form into Jungkook's eyes and he softly nodded. This had been exactly what he needed. These words had been the closure he had needed in order to finally have peace with his mother's story. She had never been a selfish person, she had been the complete opposite.

"The news of Aera's passing devasted me, however I believe she is somewhere better now." The pastor spoke once again before looking up again and pointing at the sky. " Even though your mother is in Heaven, she'll always be with you Jungkook." The old man said before he lowered his hand again and placed it on the place where the ravenette's heart was beating in his chest. "In here". He spoke before quickly continuing "Our loved ones never really leave us, they just move to a permanent place in our hearts."

A smile began to form onto Jungkook's face and he nodded, believing everything the old pastor was telling him. This man had shown him a completely different side of his mother. A side Jungkook wished to cherish forever. "Can you tell me a bit more about Christianity itself?" the raven haired boy suddenly asked, a soft tone lacing his voice.  Immediately the pastor nodded before a smile formed onto his face once again. "Are you thinking of joining our small church?" the old man asked, curiousity lacing his voice. 

Jungkook looked at the man with great admiration in his eyes before looking down. A small smile was still visible on his face and he couldn't be more thankfull than he already was for everything the priest had told him about his mother. "No, but I would like to find out why religion was so important to my mother." The ravenette answered before the two of them got entangledin the stories the old man was telling Jungkook once again.

The entire time a soft smile had been visible on Taehyung's face while looking at his boyfriend. Jungkook finally looked like he had found the closure he had been searching for months now. Finally the last missing puzzle piece in their lives had been placed on the right spot and they could move on. Move on from everything that had been bothering them the past few months. It was time to start over again.

After all there was still a whole life ahead of them.

_____

A/N

And that's it! A conclusion to this amazing journey will follow tomorrow but this is the very last real chapter. I want to thank you all so much for everything! This has been so fun to write and I truly love it from the bottom of my heart. I never thought this story would become as big as it has...wow. Thank you all for that. Hopefully I'll see you all in one of my other stories!❤️❤️❤️

Question of the chapter:

What did you think of the story?

Please show some love for the story by:
* Voting
* Commenting

Follow my account if you want to keep updated about my other stories and the stories I have yet to write!