Bardock x Kid!Reader

Requested by: kittenthesupersaiyan

Bardock's POV

It has been several months since I came to Earth from being on Planet Plant since my awakening. I thought I died at Frieza's hand but it seems fate had other plans for me. I arrived at Earth after I found this ship on Planet Plant, when I got to Earth I found my son, Kakarot alive. When me and Gine, my wife, sent him off to a far away planet when Planet Vegeta exploded.

When I met my son he told me that he defeated Frieza, which made me proud, that tyrant finally got what he deserved. Now that I'm living on Earth I found a place to stay, a cabin in the woods, it looks peaceful, it was a one story cabin which is fine with me since I'm the only one living here. When I walked into the cabin I looked around and I eventually found the kitchen. I walked in to the kitchen and opened the fridge to see it filled with food, which was strange, how can there already be food in there if I'm the only one here.

"U-um can I help you mister?" I heard a small voice ask behind me. I turned around and saw a small child around 8 years old looking at me with fear in her eyes. My eyebrow rose up in confusion.

"What are you doing in here kid?" I asked with my arms crossed as I waited for her to respond.

"T-this is my house mister." Now that got me. ' How is a child living on her own in a cabin in the woods?'

" Why are you living here by yourself kid?" I asked her.

She looked down and rubbed her arms with a sigh, " Because I had no where else to go.....my parents abandoned me." Tears started to fall from her eyes, I started to feel bad for this poor kid, I kneeled down to the kid's height and put my hand on top of her head which made her look up at me.

" Well kid I won't abandon you, if you let me live here." The child's eyes widen as she wiped her tears away.

" R-really?"

I nodded and smiled rubbing her hair, which caused her to giggle,

"O-ok Mister?"

"Bardock, it's just Bardock, what's your name kid?"

" (Y/N)."

~~~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~

It's been awhile since I've been living with (Y/N), and while living in the cabin I've adopted (Y/N) as my daughter, she seemed really surprised when I announced that I adopted her as my daughter, I told her I promised that I wouldn't abandon her like her previous family. She smiled and hugged me tight crying, I hugged her back tightly and rubbed her back.

"I love you dad."

" I love you too (Y/N)."

It was morning, with the sun shining bright through the window which woke me up. As I sat up in the bed I heard the door open, I looked over and saw (Y/N) rubbing her eyes as she came to the bed and climbed on it, hugging me tight as she rest her head on my shoulder. I smiled and hugged her back.

"Good morning (Y/N)."

"Good morning dad."

She yawned and snuggled close to me, I got up from the bed, while still having her in my arms, and walked into the kitchen to see what to eat for breakfast. I sat (Y/N) in a chair as I went to check the fridge,

"What would you want for breakfast (Y/N)?" I asked as I looked over at her.

" just scrambled eggs please." I smiled and nodded getting the carton of eggs out. Eggs were the only things I could cook since I've been living here, but it feed (Y/N)'s hunger. As I was mixing the eggs I looked over at (Y/N) who had her head on the table.