The Whole Day

She was in her element, cooking has always calmed her down, gave her some sort of escape from her constantly running mind.

It was the girl's turn to 'host' dinner at her place, it has been weeks, actually that was her turn to host it, determined by her boyfriend with the excuse of "My place isn't really my place, is Tom's" and "I don't want to have our Friday dinner with Tom and Harry" to what she had responded "that's just your way of saying that you don't want to cook, don't it?" and "yeah, well I don't like your cooking anyways, so it better be me that makes it, if I want to enjoy my dinner, that is"  to which he looked utterly offended and promised to 'prove her wrong' the next week. That was exactly a month ago.

Harrison didn't meant to go postponing his turn for so long, he suddenly became extremely busy but she never really complained, it was only teasing, she loved teasing the boy, he's competitive nature and love to prove people wrong making it way more fun.

She was blasting music just loud enough for her to not hear the front door to her flat open and quickly shut or to notice him leaning against the wall near the entrance of her home where he had an open view of the kitchen and simply glanced at her, studying every move, smiling when she started to swing her hips and sing along the tune while keeping her back to him. Only walking towards his girlfriend when she put the spoon down on the counter and was about to turned away from the stove, they met in the middle of the small room,  chests colliding, she let out a squeal, her hands griped his biceps tightly, she looked up at him, a sigh of relief leaving her lips. He chuckled placing a gentle kiss on her forehead and started to sway to the rhythm of the next calm song. His hands came together on the small of her back and she brought hers up to go around his neck resting her chin on his collarbone.

"Mmh, you're early, dinner's not ready yet." She murmured closing her eyes as she breathed in his faint cologne.

"Yeah, we were ahead of schedule and I decided to come here directly instead of going home to change." He said, still dancing but going a bit off beat "Hence the fancy attire."

She pulled back just enough to look at what he was wearing humming contently at the navy rolled neck top and black fitted blazer, then she looked up at his face raising her brows at his slicked hair. "Oh, fresh cut." She said smiling, bringing her hands to caress the sides of his head.

"Uh-huh, was in desperate need of one, couldn't tame the mop anymore." He said stopping the swaying, he's hands moving to rest on her hips.

"I like the mop." she beamed, standing on her tiptoes to place a sweet kiss on the boy's lips. "Does this mean I need to change then?"  Harrison leaned back a bit to look at the girl, she was in a long sleeve navy top that came down to her mid thigh, the sleeves a tad too long for the piece of clothing to be hers.

"I mean, we are both wearing navy, that could be the dress code." he smiled at her while she ran her hands up and down his chest stopping as she came across something odd.

"Wha-, is that the label?" She furrowed her brows as a chuckle came out of her mouth "Oh Hazzy, you're wearing your top the wrong way around." She couldn't help but laugh at the oblivious boy in front of her.

"What you mean, no." He pulled back and brought his hands to the top of his chest "what's th—." He said pulling at the neck of his top and picking inside. "Are you kidding me?" He groaned throwing his head back, his fingers still hooked to the top's rolled up material.

"You are so cute." She said through laughter, holding her stomach and turning around to attend the dinner.

"God, all day I've wondered what that was," He sighed leaning against the counter "Never checked though. Fuck! Been wearing it like that for the whole day!" He laughed, rubbing his eyes.

She giggled, turning off the heat. "Dinner's ready, div." She chimed.

"Smells good, love." He said stepping away from the counter and reaching for the cupboard to grab plates, then down a drawer to get some cutlery.

"Thank you, babe," she said, a mischievous grin appeared on her face "But you must be used to it, it always smells good when I cook." she finished, grabbing the plates from Harrison's hands to serve their food.

He scoffed "Now, what's that supposed to mean, missy?" He stood tall with his hands on his hips.

The girl kept tending the plates, her back to him "Oh, you know, just saying." she bit back a smile as she turned with a plate in each hand "I thought you'd be used to it by now." she stated, walking to the living room, placing the food on the coffee table and sitting on her fluffy rug, her back resting on the sofa.

After grabbing a bottle of beer and a glass of water, Harrison made his way out of the kitchen to join his girlfriend.

"Ha ha, rub it in, will ya?" The sarcasm and annoyance dripped out of every word but his face fell a bit. The annoyance wasn't at the pretty girl, it was at himself, he was annoyed that he never got time to make her dinner.

"Aw, gorgeous," she cooed, looking past the hostile tone of the words and watching his expression saddened "Don't worry about it, you know I love to cook." she told him as he lowered himself to the floor putting down their drinks.

"Yeah, I know, but I did promise I'll prove you wrong though," he sighed "and honestly is bothering me because I am in fact a great cook." he finished, a cocky smirk adorned his lips.

"Wow, I can't wait to be proven wrong by my very modest boyfriend." she mocked him "but when would that be mister super model?" She asked before taking a spoonful of food, smiling at him while chewing.

"Funny you ask actually, my love." Harrison opened his beer and took a swing "we wrapped the project today, which can only mean that I'll be free to make you dinner for a whole month." he beamed at the girl who's face lit up so bright it made his heartbeat speed up suddenly and the hairs of his arms stand up even while wearing two layers of fabric.

"Now, those are some good news right there." she told him, scooting closer to him until their shoulders touched.

"They are good news." he reassured, resting his hand on her bare thigh, rubbing it with his thumb. "So, you ready to have some mind blowing dinners for the next month?" He asked the girl.

"Oh boy, I better enjoy this one now, then." she teased him a bit more.

"Oi, don't be rude." he faked hurt. "I'm gonna miss your food, though." he said with his mouth full.

"Me too, babe" she retorted, earning a dirty look and a shove from the boy.