All The Same

"You can't be serious about being her friend, bro" one of his mates blurted out, he was away from the commotion and heart of the party, outside on his garden having a smoke with the awful lot he called his mates.

"You think?" Harrison asked without really thinking.

The group of boys went quite for a second before bursting out laughing. Harrison was shaken from his daydreaming by the roaring laughs and the shoves his shoulders were getting from each side.

"You mental, cuz?" Another boy mocked "she's mad annoying, and probably in because no one likes her, b"

"Yeah, Harrison. Wake up, man" a third excuse of a human added "or what, you gon' say you actually like her now?" The group went silent, waiting for his answer.

He couldn't help but feel incredibly judge and uncomfortable, surrounded by his so called friends. Everyone looking at him with teasing and disapproving looks.

"Fuck no. I was in to expose her didn't I?" He said in a panic "she's pathetic and actually fell for it and if she gets hurt then that's what she asked for" the cherry on top of the cake of lies that came out of the boy's mouth.

Little did he knew, she was standing just around the corner, Y/N came out for fresh air, her anxiety getting too hard to control while being inside surrounded by so many unfamiliar faces.

Her heart dropped to her stomach, she could feel it falling apart, being stomped on, she swore she felt it stop beating, her breathing hitching at the physical pain. She took a shaky breathe in a little too loudly, and that's when one of the horrible boys noticed her.

"Oh shit! She's right there mate!" The boy pointed at her "good luck, bruv" he laughed, patting Harrison on the shoulder rather harshly "let's go lads" he commanded, and the rest of the group followed him inside. Leaving her alone with who she thought was her friend.

Harrison immediately recognized the state she was in and dropped his half consumed cigarette on the floor and tried to come close to her but she flinched stepping away.

"Y/N/N-" he whispered, but she shook her head no, breathe still hitching, eyes watery.

"I thought you've changed" she whispered, tears escaping her sad eyes, she was looking at his chest, at the necklace she gave him. How stupid of her to believe a boy like Harrison would change, she knew his kind so well, but she believed in change, she believed that there was good in everyone, but he was all the same;  Harrison Osterfield notorious fuckboy.

"I did! Y/N, you changed me, for good" he pleaded.

"You think I'm pathetic" She struggled to remind him.

"You know I don't belie-" he was struggling to speak because all he could think of was to close the distance to hold his best friend and tell her that it was okay that he was there for her.

"You believe it enough to say it out loud, though" she stated, sniffling looking up at him through red glossy eyes, they were so red as she fought the tears and forced herself to swallow the pain "it's okay. I'll be okay. I'm going to be okay" she said quietly, reassuring herself.

"That's n-" he tried to get out an explanation but was cut short by the heartbroken girl.

"I don't and won't hold it against you, don't worry." she whispered, Harrison being barely able to hear it.

"Y/N/N, hear me out, please." the blonde begged.

"You're right, I asked for this." she let out a shaky breath "but I'm done. You're free to expose me now" she cleared her throat, whipping away the tears that fell against her will with the sleeves of her top "just warning you, though. No one gives a fuck about me or what I do, so your plan was kind of useless." she finished, holding her head high an empty look on her beautiful eyes, they didn't shine like they did when he made her laugh, or when she was talking about something she loved. The sparkle was put out suddenly, it pained him that it was his fault, he cursed himself for being the one to kill such beautiful light.

She turned around and left the party, not even saying goodbye, not even turning back to look at the tears pooling at the boy's now dull blue eyes, not as dull as the girl's, no, never like hers, as much as he was hurting he'll never know just how much more she was hurting because she never talked to him again, she never looked at him again.