Just Tonight

It's inevitable everything that's good comes to an end

Her hands were sweating and her heart was pounding, anxiety taking over her body, wondering if what she was about to do was the right thing. The cab drive to his flat from the restaurant was both fortunately and unfortunately long. Long enough to reassure herself that it was right but too long that she might start over thinking.

It's impossible to know if after this we can still be friends

She was so scared of the consequences of her decision, not being sure if she'll be strong enough not to just loose him as her lover but as her friend as well.

With a hesitant hand she softly banged her knuckles against the wooden door of the boy's flat, waiting a few seconds were there was no answer from inside. Her rapid pulse was making her dizzy and her breathing was starting to get elaborated. She was about to knock again when the door flew open.

Harrison's heart stopped at the sight, he looked at her up and down, she looked absolutely stunning. Gray coat over her shoulders the buttons and belt undone allowing the black fitted dress she wore to peek out. Bold red lipstick accentuated her kissable lips and perfect eyeliner adorned her beautiful eyes. Her hair was down and in loose curls, one side tucked nicely behind her ear showing her dainty earrings.

The boy's breath got caught in his throat, it's been two weeks since he last saw her, it seemed as if she was avoiding him. He felt every emotion invade his body but he acted on the one he knew best and fitted them better. He pulled her flush to his body inside his home and closed the door, his arms rounded her waist bringing her impossibly closer to him "Hey missy" he mumbled before placing a kiss on her neck.

Y/N sighed, closing her eyes at the feeling of his lips on the spot he knew so well "Haz..." She whispered. He hummed pecking his way up to her check "I need to talk to you..." That made him stop abruptly, a shiver running up his back, the words making him swallow thickly.

"What's wrong, gorgeous?" He croaked, looking her straight in the eye to read her properly. He could see doubt and fear in her pupils, that made him more uneasy. "C'mon, let's go sit" he pointed to the living room when she didn't responded, taking her hand and guiding her to the sofa.

Long agonizing minutes passed where none of them dared to speak. Y/N going over the speech she prepared on the way there and Harrison studying her every move and expression to figure out what was going on. But nothing could prepared him for what she said.

"I have to go" she finally allowed and it hurt more than she had anticipated, a burning sensation enveloped her lungs making it harder to breathe.

"Wh-What you mean?" Harrison stuttered, brows furrowed in confusion.

"I got offered a promotion... It's a great opportunity for me..." Y/N took in a deep breath before continuing "I'm going to Australia, to manage the head quarters" she finished.

"That's amazing, angel" he cheered sincerely, scooting closer to her and taking her hands in his giving them a gentle squeeze.

She nodded and smiled sadly "I don't think I can keep you" she whispered, and Harrison's blood ran cold. He ignored her first attempt of breaking the news but now it was clearer and it drilled in his brain.

"Of course you can, gorgeous. We'll make it work" he tried, letting go of one of her hands and brought it up to her chin to make her look up at him, her eyes were filled with tears that threatened on spilling at any minute.

"Maybe, but I don't want to tie you down. Your career is taking off Haz, I don't want to put a strain on you that could stop you from doing the best you can" her voice was wobbly and the tears finally escaped her eyes.