The Right Kind Of Love

It's been almost a year since she last saw him, almost a year since that night where he finally stood for himself and called it quits. Almost a year of pure torture and agony.

Y/N had felt her heart break once more, it was broken by the person who helped her mend it the first time. But she deserved it, right? She hurt him first, right? It was her fault so she didn't fought for him.

She had tried to move on but something was missing... Him. The moment she bumped into him her whole body filled with goosebumps, he looked gorgeous as always, she swore his eyes were bluer and brighter, the girl couldn't help but be disappointed, she hoped he was a fraction as unhappy as she was but was quick to catch on the selfish thought and shook it away.

"Y/N..." Harrison whispered, his beautiful smile faltering. The boy's heart beating fast at the sight of his long lost love.

"Hey..." She whispered back, fighting back tears. God, she missed him.

"A-Are you alone or...?" He hesitated, he wasn't sure if he wanted to hear her say that she wasn't alone that her new boyfriend was already sitting at their table. She couldn't find her voice to speak so she just nodded, she was alone since she walked out of his building that night.

"Fancy having a cup with me?" He smiled at her, something about her was different, the light that radiated from her was so dim almost gone and the warmth of her smile wasn't there anymore, in fact there was no trace of there ever being a smile on her face. Again she failed to speak only nodding her head, she felt like she was going to break if she dared to utter a word.

"C'mon then" he pointed at the free table tucked away in a corner of the quiet café. She sighed once he settled in front of her, nerves taking over her body. Looking down to her paper cup, avoiding his gaze. She started scratching the cardboard holder around the cup making a rather unpleasant noise anything to keep her from breaking in a public place.

After what seemed like ages she mustered the courage to speak. "H-How..." Her voice cracked a bit. Clearing her throat she tried again "How have you been?" She asked softly, focusing on his hands over the table, fingers intertwined.

"I'm good. Really busy, but good" he beamed.

She smiled sadly at the amount of light and optimism on his voice " I'm glad" she whispered.

"And you?"

"Hmm?" She hummed, finally looking up at him, but only briefly.

"You. How are you? How's life?" He saw her faint smile fade.

"I- Yeah, I'm... I'm okay..." She stuttered, turning to look at everything but Harrison.

"Don't lie to me" he whispered, her body stiffened and her eyes slightly widened.

"I'm not" he forced a smile.

"You are... Where's the happy Y/N gone?" He asked.

She shrugged, not sure of what to answer. There was silence for a few long seconds then she spoke "I left her at your doorstep almost a year ago..." She confessed, her voice cracking as she couldn't fight the tears that burned her eyes and nose.

Harrison's heart broke into thousands of pieces, the hurt in her voice made his stomach turn, then he saw the tears rimming her dull eyes. He reached out to grab her hand but she backed them away from him standing abruptly and turning to leave the establishment.

The boy was left in shock at the sudden outburst, he blinked a couple times and looked from the door to the spot where she was sat seconds ago. She had left her drink and phone behind.

She power walked to the train station to go back home. Feeling the tightness on her chest decrease the further she walked away from him. She loved him and he didn't. She was in pain and he was happy, no need for her sulking around him, raining on his parade.

When she was home she completely broke down, slumping down on the floor. And she did what she knew best pity herself, blame herself for letting him go. The only boy that had loved her when she least deserved it.

It was dark when her cries ceased. Getting up to walk to the bathroom when a knock on the door stopped her midway. Every light was off so she could just be quiet and wait for them to go. But the knocking didn't seemed to stop.

Y/N composed herself the best she could and opened the door, only a little crack so she could see who it was. The sight made her want to slam the door closed and go hide "Can I come in?" Harrison asked, searching her gaze, but she just looked at her feet. The girl let go of the door and quickly turned around walking towards her sofa.

He followed her trying to adapt his vision at the lack of light inside the flat. Patting his way towards the sofa where she sat. Pulling her phone out of his jacket and placing it on the coffee table. They stayed like that, silence washing over them, neither of them knowing what to say. What were they supposed to say?

"That night..." She spoke first "I never got to tell you..." A sob cut her out.

"Tell me what?" He urged, swallowing the lump in his throat.

She rethought what she was going to say and decided that it was best not to tell him. So she shook her head and whispered "Nothing, it doesn't matter anymore" more tears ran down her cheeks and she whipped them away with her sleeve.

"C'mon, you can tell me" Harrison pressed, curiosity getting the best of him.

"Are you happy, Haz?" She avoided.

"Yeah..." He responded, scooting closer to her.

"Good" she whispered, closing her eyes and resting her head on the back of the sofa.

"You?" His gaze fixed on her, she looked broken and defeated, what had happened to her that made her loose that beautiful light?

"No" the girl breathed out, face contorting in pain, more tears escaping her closed eyes and running down her temples.

"What happened?" Harrison was as close as he could be now, a hand resting on the top of her head and the other one on her knee.

"I fucked up" she was exhausted from crying, quiet sobs leaving her lips after every sentence. He started to run his hand through her hair "I let you go" she whispered, and his movements stopped.

"I'm here" Harrison whispered back. But she shook her head no.

"That night... I know I hurt you, but it killed me" she sniffled, coughing a bit. "I loved you... God, I still do..." She let out a shaky breath "But that doesn't matter anymore" Y/N whined.

Harrison's own eyes were filled with tears from seeing the girl he still loved in such state, he remembered how she was when her ex cheated on her but it was nowhere near to what he was witnessing now. She had gone through this heartbreak alone, well clearly she wasn't through just yet. "It's been so long..." He whispered, cupping her cheeks and gently turning her face towards his "and I still love you" that admission made her eyes flung open.

"Haz..." She sobbed and closed her eyes again. Harrison ran his thumbs over her tear stained cheeks and under eyes, before bring her face closer to his. Placing soft kisses on her lids then her cheeks and nose. Resting his forehead against hers, he sighed pecking the corners of her mouth until he finally met her lips. She whimpered and sobbed into the delicate kiss, making sure he was being gentle because he was scared he might break her. A wave of relief washing her over the longer he kissed her.

"I love you, Haz" she whispered once they pulled away.

"I love you, Y/N" he brought her in for a hug, tucking his face on the crook of her neck, inhaling her sweet scent. They stayed that way for a long while, making up for the lost time. Y/N running her fingers through his hair and Harrison drawing random patterns on her side where her jumper had rise up.

Y/N had fallen into the arms of the only man capable of fixing her broken heart and Harrison had found it, the right kind of love.