A picture of us (gender neutral)

you sat at the dining table with haz, a big jigsaw puzzle in front of you, beer cans on the side and music playing from his speakers as you both worked on completing your entertainment for the night while the rest of the boys played video games in the other room.

he was sitting right next to you, arguing that he couldn't see properly on the opposite side because the image was upside down. you didn't precisely fight him on his reasoning, anything to have him close to you was a good enough reason. arms touching with each movement, and your thigh on top of his as you sat cross-legged on the chair with his left forearm resting on your knee as his right one moved puzzle pieces around trying to match them with the half-done picture.

at one point tuwaine came into the kitchen, a mischievous grin on his face the moment he saw your head resting on harrison's shoulder as you took a break, watching how the blonde kept attaching more pieces to the nearly done puzzle. with his phone out, unbeknownst to both of you, tuwaine snapped a couple of pictures before he walked back out with a bag of crisps in his hand.

harrison's phone lit up with a new text, barely catching his attention as he was focused on the puzzle, your eyes glanced at the awaken screen then up at him. "you've got a text." you announced, sitting up straight and taking over so he could check his phone. you saw him open the text but he immediately locked his phone again and placed it facing down on the table, quickly helping you move more pieces around. a pretty blush graced his cheeks and you couldn't help but smile at the adorable view.

"you've got a text." harrison pointed out a few minutes later, your phone laying between you and him. distractingly you picked it up and unlocked it, opening your thread with harry. a picture of you and harrison and a simple message from the boy. 'get on with it!!' you felt your heart thud and cheeks burn as you scanned the picture a little more closely, your head resting on his shoulder and eyes trained on his hand, a lovesick smile tugging at your lips. without typing a response you locked it again. "you alright?" haz inquired, eyes fixed on your flushed face.

"yeah-yeah. why?" you hurried out.

"you've gone all blushy." he smiled, brushing your cheek with the pad of his thumb. the action took away your breath, your body stiffened slightly and you resisted the impulse of throwing your head back at the shock. harry's text revolving in your mind as you got lost in the blonde boy's pale irises. "harry. he sent me something..."

"a picture of us?" harrison had the courage to ask, your eyes widening subtly and words abandoning you completely so you just nodded your head. he looked away from you to grab his phone, fumbling with it before he put it down in front of you. the same picture you had received showed in the boy's group chat, each of them sent the same words harry had sent to you.

you fumbled with your own phone displaying the thread, harrison chuckled airily. he sounded a bit embarrassed, face blushing again. "uhm, so..." you murmured, looking down at your lap where your fingers twiddled around each other.

"guess i can't keep fooling myself, can i?" haz breathed out, you could hear the smile on his voice and the simple thought of him smiling brought the same gesture to your face.

"hmm..." you hummed, nervously nibbling on the inside of your bottom lip causing your lips to pout. the awkwardness you felt was something you had expected but still it ate your tongue leaving you unable to form any sort of proper words.

"y/n?" he said softly, knuckles caressing your cheek ever so gently. you nearly whimpered at his touch, face lifting slowly to meet his - overwhelmingly close to yours. "i really like you," he sighed. kind, hopeful eyes dancing between yours.

"i really like you too," you echoed his words, feeling as if your heart was going to just jump out of your chest and fall on his lap as morbid as it sounded, you thought of it as something positive.

"may i kiss you?" he asked. god, did he had to be such a gentleman? you thought.

"please." a whisper came out of your mouth before he went ahead and pressed his soft lips to yours. both yours and his eyes fluttering shut immediately, his hand shyly cradling your face when he began to move his lips over yours deepening the kiss just a tad, keeping it sweet and innocent.

"fucking finally!" you hear a couple of well known voices say in unison, causing you to pull away from harrison and turn to the entrance of the room where all three boys were standing watching you with triumphant grins on their faces.

"go away!" you whined turning the opposite way and shielding your blushing face with your hand. harrison's chuckles in your ear prompting you to lean forward and hide your face in his shoulder, his arm quickly circling your back to keep you close as the boys cheered. after all the pestering and encouragement they had been giving the two of you to realise what you were feeling towards one another it had worked and their efforts had finally paid off.