A Warm Autumn Day

The midday sun was shining bright in the partially cloudy sky, the large windows on the coffee shop allowing the light to beam over the table where Y/N was sitting along with her two best friends, the sunshine keeping her warm in the autumn cold that managed to pass through the walls of the building.

Their laptops were out, half finished cups laid lukewarm now due to the group's focus being on the project that has been consuming their lives for the past three weeks. Film school was consuming their lives and souls. Detaching her eyes from the screen Y/N looked out the window just in time to see a certain blue eyed boy that was kind of seeing -or wanted to, she didn't knew exactly- her friend Millie. The girl sighed when she saw him walk into the coffee shop and stroll towards their table with a huge grin on his face. She diverted her gaze back to her laptop, cranking up the volume on her music before he got too close.

"Hey ladies," the beautiful blonde greeted the trio, two of them saying hi back. The boy's gaze was trained on the one that didn't even looked up from the screen. "So... On Friday Tom is throwing a party at ours..." He kept looking at the busy girl typing away, her bottom lip trapped between her teeth in concentration. She jumped slightly when she felt Emmi's elbow collide against her ribs, making her look away from the piece of tech and up to her friend who gestured for her to acknowledge the boy that was now sitting next to Millie, opposite to Emmi.

Y/N slowly turned her head and met the beautiful pair of frosty blue eyes that made her stomach feel funny. She smiled timidly, raising her hand from the keypad to give him a small wave then went back to work. Not even making it two seconds when she felt another jab at her side, this time harsher, making her whine and furrow her brows at the gorgeous girl beside her. Whom scrunched up her nose as she gestured again towards the boy. Y/N gave in and removed her headphones from her ears, sighing.

"Like I was saying... I'd love to have you girls over so yeah..." The blonde boy elaborated, looking at Millie and smiling wide. Y/N felt a pang in her chest when she realized he was just inviting them somewhere just because of Millie, not because he actually wanted them -her- there. So she fiddled with the cable and nodded politely, not uttering a word. "'K, see ya on Friday then, at nine." he confirmed tapping the table with his fingers before getting up and the other two girls quickly got out an excited acceptance.

Once he was out of the building Emmi squealed both girls looking at Y/N, the one to her right grabbed her arm and shook her quite violently. "Ouch, Emmi don't" the quiet girl said.

"Guys, we have to go" Emmi said, they all knew why she was so hyped to attend. Emmi had a huge crush on Tom and well, Harrison was courting Millie and Y/N had a huge crush on him. But she never told the girls about it not because she didn't trust them, but because she thought it was just a silly infatuation, but the more she looked at him from afar the more hooked she got, the girl tried to avoid him since he started to show interest on her friend -of course it wasn't going to be her, how could he pick her over Millie- so he kept her crush a secret and was really good at hiding it.

"I've got to finish my video this week, if I miss a day of editing I'm screwed" Y/N announced, it was kind of true, she did had to edit but it wouldn't take till Friday to finish.

"Yeah, right" Millie mocked, "Why don't you relax a bit and come out with us? Maybe you'll find someone to get on with whilst you're there" she finished, wiggling her perfect eyebrows and a slight smirk tugging at her glossy lips.

"I'll try" Y/N said,"Not promising anything, though." she chanted as the girl's giggles grew louder. She playfully rolled her eyes and got back to work.

That happened on Tuesday so the next two days she edited one and skip the second so she'll have a proper excuse to not go to the Friday thing -she never got the memo of what it was but never asked either- and stay in her dorm to work on it.