Birthday,New leads and party prep.

The summer went by quickly. Elena was not giving up on finding Stefan and neither was Taehyung. Elena and Tae have been searching non-stop getting leads from Sherif Forbes.They've grown closer,best friends actually. Damon has been helping here and there but not really putting in any effort.

Elena was on her way to the Salvatore Boarding house to meet Tae so they can follow a new lead that the Sherif sent.
She entered the house and put her bag down on the couch.
Damon came down stairs with a glass of bourbon in his hands.

Elena scoffed as she looked at him.
"Seriously do you ever stop drinking?"
Elena asked with her eyebrows raised.
Damon smirked at her.
"No"
Damon simply answered
Elena looked around.

"Where's Tae?"
Elena questioned the eldest Salvatore.
Damon smirked at her again as he walked closer to her.
"What has been going on between you and my baby brother. You've been getting awfully close to each other."
Damon questioned suspiciously.
Elena gulped and quickly backed away from Damon.
"Nothing is going on. We're just friends... he's one of my best friends."
Elena said nervously as her heartbeat sped up.

Damon heard her heart beat faster and he knew she was lying. He wanted to question her more,but then Taehyung walked into the room with basketball shorts on, shirtless with his t-shirt over his shoulder. He just finished his shower.

"Damon stop bothering my best friend."
He said with a smile on his face as he walked closer to Elena with a box in his hands. He gave her a hug and she gladly hugged him back.
"Happy birthday 'Lena."
Elena smiled while hugging him.
"Thanks Tae."

He pulled back and handed her the present he got her. She laughed and lightly punched his arm.
"Hey,what was that for?"
He shouted holding his arm faking his pain.
"I thought i said no gifts."
She said scolding him.
He smiled at her and he put her hands on her shoulders
"I wanted to...Now come on open it."
She giggled at his childishness.

"Ok,Ok calm down."
She opened the box and what she saw shocked her. It was a neckless with an E and a T incrusted with diamonds. Elena was shocked.
"Tae, i don't know what to say."

He smiled at her reaction while Damon just watched their sweet moment from the side lines.
Tae decides to speak up.
"I got it custom made from Gucci and the diamonds are a 100% real."
He take the neckless out of the box
"Turn around"
He instructs and she does what he says. She holds onto her hair as he put it around her neck.

She turns back around and smiles at him.
"Now everyone will know that I am your best friend."
She giggles
"Thank you so much"
"Your welcome."
he says.

He puts on his t-shirt and Elena was a litlle dissapointed because she was enjoying the view.

"Anyway.Why are you here so early?"
He asked her as he sat on the couch.
She sat on the couch opposite him and got the note from Sherif Forbes out of her bag.

"We got a new lead."
He took the note of her hands and just as he was about to read it Damon took it from his hands. He lets out an annoyed sigh at his brother's antics.

"Damon give it back."
Damon just shakes his head as he reads the note.
"Nope. Come on get up we are going to check out this lead while Elena does party prep with Caroline."
Tae sighs
"Ok"
He gets up but Elena grabs his wrist.
"No, I'm not staying. Caroline can do party prep without me. I'm going with you guys."

Tae shakes his head as he pulls Elena into a hug.
"As much as I hate this... I agree with Damon you should stay here we'll tell you if we find anything,ok."
He kisses her cheek and runs out with Damon.

She lets out a defeated sigh as she takes her phone and calls Caroline to come over with Tyler to get started with party prep.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Elena runs to the door as she hears someone knock on the front door. When she opens the door Tyler walks in with boxes and Caroline not far behind him.

Tyler was busy hanging up decorations. While Elena and Caroline were talking.
"Have you talked to Bonnie she hasn't been picking up her phone."
Elena asked with a worried expression.

"Don't worry she's on a little bit of a break,but she said she'd call as soon as she gets back. But don't try and take my attention away from the shiny ass diamond neckless around your neck. Who got it for you birthday girl... was it Damon because i noticed you guys are getting pretty close."

Elena sighs but as she looks down at the necklace she smiles.
"It's not from Damon it was from Tae. He got it custom made from Gucci with real diamonds."
Caroline looked at her with a shocked expression.
"He got you a custom made Gucci diamond necklace for your birthday?!!"
Caroline shouts.
Suddenly Tyler walks in out of breath from hanging up all the decorations.

"Who got a Gucci necklace for you?"
He questions confused.
Caroline turns to him
"Damon and Stefan's little brother got Elena a custom made Gucci diamomd necklace for her birthday. And they've grown awfully close."
Both Tyler and Caroline now turn to Elena and smirked at her.
"What? Why are you looking at me like that?"
Elena questioned as she fiddled with her thumbs.
"He likes you"
They both answer at the same time.

Elena looks shocked by their answer.
"What,no way. We're just friends and technicaly speaking I'm still with Stefan and I'd never do that to him."
Caroline sighs in defeat but her eyes quickly light up at a idea.
"Okay so let's say he doesn't like you,bit how do you feel about him?"
Elena sighs but smiles non the less.
"He's amazing. He's kind,loving, caring and he can be a little childish at times but that's one of the reasons i love and care about him so much."
Caroline narrows her eyes at Elena's last sentence.

"You love him?"
She questions suspiciously.
"As a best friend of course."
She quickly corrects.
"Mhmm"
Caroline answers still a little suspicious about her friends real feelings.

Tyler quickly reminds them that they still have allot to do and they quickly get back to party prep. While their busy Elena decides to call.

(Bold italic is Tae; Normal is Elena)

"Hey Tae,what did you guys find.?"

"Hey 'Lena. We've just arrived at tge location on Serif Forbes's note. But if we find something i'll call you."

"Ok. And Tae."

"Yeah 'Lena?"

"Be careful please.I can't lose you too."

"I prosmise I'll be careful. You won't lose me and you won't lose Stefan either. We'll find him and bring him home. Love you 'Lena I'll call you later.Bye"

"Bye. Love you too."

She hung up and continued helping Caroline and Tyler.

----------------------

A/N

Chapter 5 done.
What do you think about Elena and Tae's relationship.
Vote and Comment
😉😉😉😉😉

~BTSHardStan01