Filler chapter pt.2

Rebekah has been undaggered and she's helping Klaus,her brother, find a solution to his hybrid problem. Rebekah is having a shopping spree to get updated with the new era.

Katherine is also in Chicago and she's trying to help Stefan to prevent Klaus from finding out that Elena is still alive.
Elena is in her kitchen with Tae making chili for the Lockwood party while Damon's out feeling with council stuff.

Tae puts the lid on the pot
"I don't know why you wanna bring chili to a potluck. Everybody brings chili."
He says walking to the kitchen counter Elena's standing behind when Ric wlaks into the room

"Hey Ric."
Tae says cheerfully
"What time do you wanna go to the Lockwood party?"
Elena asks Ric as she notices him walk into the kitchen.

He shakes his head dismissively
"Nope. Those Founder's parties aren't really my thing."
He says as Elena sighs at his answer not wanting to go without Alaric.

"You show up, there's gonna be nine other people that brought chili."
Tae says standing next to Elena
She looks at him annoyed
"Its and old family recipe, okay?"
She says with a sarcastic smile

Alaric just watched their moment awkwardly in the backround
"Yeah, I know. I knew your old family and they made sucky chili."
He responds with a smirk as he take stage knife to help her chop the peppers.

She looks at him and nudges him with her elbow as they both laugh realising how stupid the arguement is.

Ric has had enough of their PDA and looks at Tae annoyed that their getting so close and Elena's still dealing with Stefan. She can't focus on other complications right now.

"Why are you here, exactly and where's Damon?"
Ric asks
Tae sighs
"Ask her she knows and Damon's with the Sherif."

Ric turns to Elena awaiting an explanation after Tae's answer.
"He thinks I'm gonna break. I'm not going to break. I'm just gonna keep making chili, pretend lik I didn't just spend the entire summer looking for someone who didn't want to be found."
She says with a frustrated sigh still chopping peppers.

"She in denial."
Tae whispers to Ric.
Elena turns to Tae her annoyance reaching it's boiling point.
"I'm not in denial"
She mutters through clenched teeth
"No?"
Tae questions turning to her, dropping the knife. He walks closer to her and grabs onto the necklace around her neck.

"You're still wearing this necklace."
He says as she looks down
"Isn't this a reminder of your unbreakable bond with Stefan?"
He asks standing so close to her that their nose almost touch. When Elena notices their close proximity, her heart beat immediately spreads up.

He steps back with his arms crossed
"And why aren't you wearing my necklace. I spent allot of money on that, not that it really has an affect on my bank account, but still. Don't you appreciate my efforts?"
He questions with a pout.

Elena looks at him and slowly starts to smile.
"God, you truely are one loveable asshole."

He just laughs at her answer
"At least I'm a loveable asshole."
He says with a smirk and she breaks out into a fit of giggles.

As they laugh Alaric quietly exits the room to avoid being caught up in an intimate moment.

❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣