The Map Of Moments

Taehyung drove them to where they needed to be to meet up with Hayley and Klaus. They quickly found the house they were to stay in for a while. Rebekah and Taehyung settled in rather quickly. Elijah, however, was on edge the entire time they were there. So while Rebekah was decorating the house to get into the 'Christmas spirit',as she put it, Tae was going to help Elijah relax.

"Well isn't this place rather nice. Nik must have compelled a wine lover to keep it up because i found a 2005 Bordeaux. Fancy a sip, 'Lijah?"
Taehyung asks walking, into the living room with an expensive bottle of wine and the fakest smile in the world.

"I appreciate the sentiment, Taehyung, but i do recognize when I'm being handled with kid gloves."
Elijah said, rather irritated by the treatment he was getting from the tribrid and his sister.

Taheyung quickly dropped his painfully fake smile with a sigh
"How are you feeling?"
He asks putting the wine bottle down.
"Patronized."
Elijah answered with an equally forced smile, even worse then the one Taehyung wore before.

"I am here to protect you."
Elijah told the tribrid and Taehyung knew he was being sincere but after what he did they have to take per cautions
"I know you mean to Elijah."

"And yet you found it necessary to render me unconscious before bringing me here."

"Well you weren't yourself, Elijah and I needed to get us out of that diner. What happened back there?"
Tae asks making Elijah frown. He doesn't know. He doesn't know what's happening to him.

"I don't know. Niklaus sent me to protect Hope. My job is to keep her safe."

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

"It's alright Elijah, she won't break."
Rebekah spoke as she continued to stack wood for the bonfire she was planning to make. She could see how delicately Elijah was handling Hope after what happened. He was scared he would cause her harm, but Rebekah knew better. He would never.

"Everything you did was in the name of protecting her. I'm not worried."

"Is that what i think it is?"
Elijah asked as he picked Hope up from her carrier. He was completely ignoring what Rebekah said before but it's because he didn't want to listen, his mind was just occupied with someone else.

"It's bonfire season, and I am reviving a family tradition,especially since we're all going to be together. And fyi Elijah, Tae went on a run in his wolf form, he should be back soon."
Rebekah said as she stacked one last piece of wood on the pile.

"Only because we're fleeing from one of our deranged parents, another Mikaelson family tradition."
Elijah said as he held Hope in his arms. Rebekah walked up to them and Elijah stood up form the porch to meet her half way.

"It's a peculiar thing, never to be tired yet forever exhausted, by the sameness of things. Why is our family always at War?"

"I don't know, but being away with Hope and Tae, made me see things differently. We're not so bad, not the monsters that our parents think we are."
Rebekah said with a smile as she stared lovingly at Hope.

As they were having their family moment, a car came driving down the driveway. The rest of the family was here. As soon as the car stopped Hayley jumped out and ran to meet her daughter. When she stopped in front of Elijah, she stared at her baby in wonder. She was absolutely perfect.