The Departed

(A/N: Italics is Elena's dream)

Elena wakes up in her bedroom with a smile on her face dancing along to a song playing on the radio in her room. She gets dressed in her cheerleading outfit and goes downstairs.

She walks over to the kitchen counter and greets her Aunt Jenna.
"Jeremy locked himself in the bathroom again. Does he think we don't know what he's doing in there."
Elena says with smirk.
Aunt Jenna smiles
"He's fourteen. They dont think."
She says with a laugh.

Elena tries to take a cup of coffee but Jenna slaps her hand away and shakes her head.
"No. You'll get me in trouble with your---"
She gets cut off by Elena's mom (Miranda) coming down the stairs greeting them.

"Good morning."
Miranda says as he walks into the room with a smile. Elena quickly turns around and smiles at her mom.
"Morning, Mom."
She says as her mom kisses her cheek.

(End of dream)

Elena wakes up and she looks around to see that she's in a hospital bed.

Jeremy and Taehyung are outside talking with Docter Fell.
"She's gonna be fine. She got a little banged up today. Hit her head, but it was just a slight concussion. Nothing to worry about."
Docter Fell tells Jeremy as she looks at Elena's chart.
Tae shakes his head in disbelief.
"She collapsed Meredith. There was blood."
He says irritated by the Doctor because he can sense that she's not telling the truth.

Jeremy nods his head in agreement with Tae. Docter Fell sighs at his stubbornness.
"Honestly,Tae,Jeremy, she okay. Trust me. She's just... she's been through a lot. Is there anyone you wanna call?"
She asks. Tae nods and hands Jeremy his phone so he can call Damon and Stefan. When Jeremy walks away Tae turns back to Meredith glaring at her.

"If I find out that you're lying to me about Elena's state. I will kill you."
He says threateningly as his eyes flash blue.

She gulps but nods anyway and walks away as quickly as she could.
Tae walks back over to Jeremy and as he gets closed he hears the conversation between him and his brothers.

(A/N: Bold Italic Damon, Bold Italic Underlined is Stefan and normal italic is Jeremy and Normal is Tae)

"You did what?"

"I took her to the hospital. When you find your sister unconscious you call 911."

"Not when you have a parade of vampire at your disposal."

"Every remaining Original is gonna want Elena dead to stop Alaric. She's a sitting duck there.

Tae quickly took the phone from Jeremy and continues the conversation.

"Not with me here."

"Tae? You're back?"

"Yeah decided that it was time. You guys don't have to worry about it if the Originals come I can take them down. Don't worry. I can protect Elena."