Leanne 23.0

The Ml and his assistant were standing side by side and in my opinion they couldn't have come at a more perfect moment. As soon as the Fl started talking about their relationship he suddenly decided to appear with two glasses of champagne. God, I feel so sad for leaving him like that. 

'Host, stop lying,' said Liam.

"Dylan? Come grab a chair. We were just talking about how close you're relationship with miss rose is and how much you like her," I said to him with an unbothered smile. Ms. Rose looked stunned as soon as I said his name so, she was just hanging there a surprised look on her face. While the girls were smiling at her and Dylan but not really.

The Ml's face looked unbothered and kind of cold. He walked up to me as if nothing was happening and said, "where were you? I was looking all over you." While handing me a glass of champagne.

I grabbed it and pointed at my empty plate while saying, "I was looking for cake and thought I was gonna be back before you. Unfortunately, I bumped into Ms. Rose and my friends."

"Unfortunately?" Asked Kate with a raise brow.

"You know what I mean. Dylan, this are the loves of my life. Mona, Kate, and Elizabeth. We're practically married already," I said to him while holding the champagne in one hand and hugging Mona's arm with the other.

"Nice to meet you all," said Dylan in a formal tone.

"Well," I said. "Grab a chair so that we can put an end to this," I said while eyeing the Fl.

"Ms. Rose, I thought you were in charge of keeping the hired staff in check," said the Ml's assistant implying for the Fl to leave.

"The staff seem to be smart, there's no need to keep them in check. We're having such an interesting conversation after all," said the love of my life Kate, clearly dismissing his words. The Ml got my signal and was already sitting next to me.

"I... think you misinterpreted... my words," said the Fl in a nervous tone. Which was horrible since, her voice sounded like there was a frog stuck on her throat.

"We never said anything you didn't say but, if you like you enlighten us and explain how you're words could've had double meaning," said Elizabeth.

"Or better yet, Dylan can do it. He was the topic of conversation after all," I said while circling the top of the champagne glass and looking gently at the Ml. Trying to see what he was gonna do when the Fl was in a difficult situation. 

"Ms. Snow you are very rude!," declare the Fl taking me by surprise.

"Excuse me," I said.

"Yes excuse you. Although you and Mr. Oxford are business partners you don't have a right to intrude in his personal life. It doesn't matter if what you thought I said is true or not, you have no right to question us like that and we are not obligated to answer to you," said the Fl standing up and attracting the attention of more guests.

I stared blankly at her for a few seconds and then at the girls who seemed to be thinking the same thing as I. With that one look something click in all of us and we all laughed. We laughed so hard that Elizabeth was hitting the table for air, Kate was resting her head on her hand looking like she was dying, and Mona and were hugging each gasping for air.

I don't know how we did it but, we mange not to look too ugly during the entire process. The Fl was looking at us as if we were crazy and the Ml was sighing while the assistant had his head in his hand while standing up.  After a few minutes we somehow manage to get back to normal while taking deep breaths of air.

"My gosh, we haven't laughed so hard since Christian was hit by a car in our freshman year," said Mona. Reminding us of that heated day where one of our minions was trying to be funny and well... that's a story for another day. The point is we all went back to laughing while the Ml and assistant were looking at us weird because of Mona's little comment.

The male lead realized that we weren't going to recover from our laughter section anytime soon and decided to talk to the fl himself, "Ms. Rose, I don't know if I gave the wrong impression but you seem to have forgotten something. A few years ago you saved me from a certain death for which, I was very grateful and gave you a job despite your average accomplishments. Frankly you haven't done so well in the job either..." Said the ml until his assistant interrupted him saying, "considering that you only have to make coffee and be nice to people."

At this point the Fl's was as white as a sheet of paper yet the Ml continue saying, "anyway it seems that you got something wrong but, my attitude and your position come from my gratitude towards you and I was raised to pay my debts. That's why I haven't fired you. However, I don't have any feelings of affection towards you," while drinking from his glass of champagne.

The Fl's face was simply too funny to describe she was so pale I felt bad for her. There were tears in her eyes and she looked like she had something stuck on her throat. She suddenly moved back and was about to run away until Mona decided to finish her off by saying, "Wait! I don't know if you heard about me but one thing I dislike is when someone says something mean to my friends. We only invited you to be nice and try to learn a little more about the people Mr. Oxford works with. Therefore, getting to know him better. After all, he and our Leanne have been engaged for five years already. Giving her all the rights she needs to question him."

"You!" the Fl pointed a finger at Mona and was about to say something but the words kept getting stuck on her throat between tears. I don't know why but, this felt like bullying.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:  Hello amazing readers. I just want to say thank you for the lovely comments you left on the last chapter. So, I'm giving you one extra chapter today since I updated hours ago. Anyway, hope this one filled up your appetite comment, click the star, and be happy.

Love, 

                 Lilac❤