Sang Yunxie 1.13

It was a sunny day in the Li kingdom. The birds were chipping and the breeze was gentle. However, the looks of the people were filled with worry. A few days ago they were excited to death and were talking about how this dynasty was just getting started. But, now they were praying for their emperor to appear.

He could marry anyone he wanted he just needed to stay in the kingdom.

Thankfully, their prayers were answered and horses were heard in the distance.

When they looked towards the sound they saw huge strong horses, a numerous amount of men in military uniforms, and gold palanquin. The men looked vigorous and were going in the direction of the royal palace. The group was also carrying the royal family's insignia on them.

Some people were confused but an excited voice suddenly said, "the emperor's back!"

Once that was said many people started cheering and others went out of their way to see what was happening.

They all looked extremely excited and were kowtowing with smiles on their faces.
-----------------------------------
Deep within the backyard of the daughter of a certain official. Was a couple embracing each other.

The girl's pretty face was stained with tears. While the man's face looked dark as if his most precious treasure was being stolen.

"Big brother, I don't wanna go. Why must he make me go? I only want you!" The girl was wailing between the arms of the handsome young man.

"Hush, now. Everything's gonna be fine," he assured her. Even though he knew he was lying.

The girl kept crying her heart out with tears that could melt the coldest heart. While the young man kept embracing her, trying to be strong.

The scene was truly heartbreaking, for anyone who saw it. Unfortunately, it wasn't so for a figure hidden between the trees. Taking in everything that was happening to report back to his Mistress.

-------------------------------------
Inside the royal palace a man was standing in front of the residence of empress dowager. His long and narrow almond-shaped eyes were soul-stirring, yet the coldness within made people dread. His nose was tall and straight, and his thin lips were curled up into a mocking smile. His skin was creamy, but far from being feminine. His complexion gave him a cold countenance instead. A powerful impression that obviously didn’t lack to anyone. He was majestic, showing the presence of a sovereign, a tyrannic one. He was the most supreme man in the Li Empire, the one and only Li Yifeng.

"Your highness, the empress dowager was not yet informed that you arrived. Would you like me to go prepare her?" Asked a bowing eunuch standing next to him.

"If zhen wanted her to know, she would've known by now," his words were cold but had a certain appealed that made you think you were listening to a cello.

The eunuch was surprised when he heard his cold words and bowed deeper, not daring to talk again.

"If you have nothing else to do apart from standing there, you can lead zhen to his mother. Don't you think?" He asked with an impatient tone.

"Immediately," said the eunuch as he bowed deeper.

Inside the residence a young maiden and a middle age woman were sitting together sipping tea. The older woman was sitting elegantly with a worry expression on her face. While looking at the young maiden.

In the past few years the maiden became a beauty that could cause the downfall of a nation. Her skin was white and radiant. With two grey almond-shaped eyes that could steal your soul away. Her lashes were long and she was dressed in a long blue skirt with golden designs that shined and made the headpieces on her long loose hair, stand out a bit more. Her waist was tightly bounded, and a small purple accessory hanged from it. Demonstrating how beautiful her figure was. Her delicate and otherworldly appearance made her look like a celestial maiden. She was truly a sight to behold.

"Yunxie, how can you look so calm? Yifeng, hasn't appeared and the wedding is tomorrow," said the older figure with a worry tone.

As she said that a majestic silhouette was entering the room they were in. Making sure that his movements weren't being heard by the two female figures.

The young maiden gently smiled like a blooming flower and said, "if his majesty the emperor said that he was returning home for his wedding, then he will return. Also, even if he doesn't the only thing chenqie can do is follow his orders and wait. Mother empress, should do the same. Worrying is not good for the body. We should just relax and wait. If mother empress wants chenqie can cook your favorite dish to help you relax."

"There's no point in eating anything. Sometimes aijia can't help but wonder what goes through that child's mind," said the elder figure with a sigh. The younger one helplessly smiled.

Suddenly a captivating voice was heard in the vast hall.

"If zhen knew that mother was having  such thoughts. He would've arrived sooner to ease her worries."

The two ladies looked startled when they heard the voice and looked towards the man dressed in black robes with golden dragons engraved in them.

"Yifeng," the eyes of the elder woman went from surprised to moist and quickly ran towards the the powerful figure. Embracing him a loving motherly hug.

The young maiden looked towards the two figures and gracefully bowed towards the Male one.

"Chenqie greets his highness the emperor and wishes him good health."

The man simply nodded his head towards her and said, "you may rise."

"Yunfei, you don't need to be formal towards yunxie. She's been the one helping me run the place the last three years," said the older figure looking overwhelmed with emotion.

The male subtlely smiled at her reaction and said, "zhen has heard of her good deeds." While looking at the young maiden.

"That's good. Although, you're smart and talented aijia's still worry you're gonna have a hard time adapting to being inside the palace. Let Yunxie help you adjust in the next couple days. If you get bored you can always go to her. The little brat always has new little things and even has the best chef in the nation," did the elder woman in a joking manner while shaking her head.

"Mother empress, that's not fair. Chenqie got Lin Xuo fair and square. She even taught him how to make new dishes," said the maiden with helplessness.

"Whatever makes you feel better. Yunfei, come sit with aijia and tell me about your trip," said the elderly woman while pulling the male figure.

"If mother wants, zhen can only comply."

"Your highness, mother empress, chenqie would like to excuse herself. She still has to prepare many things for the ceremony tomorrow."

"You're doing the preparations?" Asked the Male with one of his handsome brows raised.

"Chenqie's merely overseeing things. Also, your highness if I may. Chenqie still has to send the phoenix robes, crown, seal, and token of affection. To the soon to be empress. But, she can't do it without your permission," she said.

Those artifacts signify power and only the emperor could give out such powers.

"Go ahead, you have zhen's permission,' he said with an aloof face.

The girl smiled gently aty his words and beautifully bowed as she left the room.

His gaze followed her until she was out of sight.

"Mother, that girl i.."

"Yours. She's your family. Some day aijia will be gone and that girl's gonna be loyal you. She's done amazingly the past few years, make sure to treat her well. Also, the sooner you can give aijia a grandchild the better."