Sang Yunxie 1.38

At this moment the female lead was furious! She came from a noble family and was treated like a princess throughout her life. No one had ever disrespected her like this. She honestly didn't care about the emperor, but why did she have to put up with this?

She was the first wife, yet she had to put up with this woman 24/7? No! Her mother had always told her, make sure that the mistresses know their place. They may be loved, but they were still nothing.

Even though Sang Yunxie was not a mistress by any means, her rank was still lower than the female lead's. Therefore, in the FL's mind Sang Yunxie was just a concubine.

She might not love the emperor, but she wasn't going to accept the fact that people were calling her an abandoned woman.

She lived in an era where face was everything. However, since she became empress not only has her face been trampled on but also her family's. There are rumors going outside that her family is filled with cunning snakes, that they raised bad daughters, that they were disliked by the emperor.

The female lead couldn't stand this. All she did was marry a man. Not to mention that she didn't even love him. Why did she have to put up with this?

At this moment she really wanted to leave the palace with her cousin. He told her to wait since he needed to make preparations, but she couldn't stand to be here another second.

"Xin You, stop being rude and get your feet off the table, " Sang Yunxie calmly said as she got up and comforted Lea who seemed to be ready to attack at any second.

Xin You always listened to Sang Yunxie but at this moment she was so furious that she wanted to grab the teapot and smash it against the female lead's head.

The bitch almost ruined the mistress's precious face!

"Xin You, " Sang Yunxie slowly warned again when she noticed that her maid wasn't retreating.

Being given two warnings Xin You got off the table, but still stood in front of Sang Yunxie in case anything happened.

All the maids in the room were shocked and didn't know what to do. Sang Yunxie's maids were basically brainwashed by her and only knew about sunshine and rainbows.

Sang Yunxie collected cute maids that followed the rules and had an easy and loyal personality. Therefore, under Sang Yunxie's care, they only knew about the good life. They didn't know what to do under these circumstances.

The shadow guards wanted to come out, but the maid blocked the teacup and the miss didn't give them the signal. If they came out they were going to be in trouble.

The FL's maids were shocked. They know their mistress was straight forward, but they would have never thought she would injure consort Sang. I mean, at least not physically.

Sang Yunxie noticed that if she said anything everyone was going to act in the heat of the moment. So she sighed and said, "it seems that everyone is feeling a bit unsettled by the events. It would be better if I retire to let the empress cool off a little."

"Don't come back, " said the female lead as she saw Sang Yunxie retreating from the situation.

Sang Yunxie simply gave her a warm smile as she exited the room.

---------------------------
'Are you happy?' Asked Liam.

'Do I look happy?' I asked back with annoyance.

'I mean you must be, right? You simply had to inform the FL about the banquet and get out. But you went ahead and provoked her. Now your plan of not causing trouble for yourself and getting rid of her discreetly went to shit. So, how happy are you? Very happy? Extremely happy? Stupidly happy? Dum...'

'I can't help it! Okay?' I interrupted him. 'I was trying to be nice but somehow I ended up telling her that she was stupid and no one loved her!'

'How was that trying!? Did your brain shrink or was it somehow replace by a walnut? Huh?'

'Liam!'

'What!?'

'Support me! Support me! Support me! I get that I need to think before I speak but you need to support me!'

'What the heck do you think I'm doing? If I support you blindly and don't give you any constructive criticism you're gonna end up living in a ditch due to your impulsiveness. Do you even know how lucky you are to have me? If I had me, I wouldn't have the need to have you and my mental health would be safe. If I had me live would be so perfect...'

'Perfect means boring so shut the fuck up. I'm a freaking joy to be around. I'm the sunshine of your life.' I said fricking annoyed with his attitude.

'...you are my sunshine. You bring joy and skin cancer to my life, so thank you. I appreciate it.'

'...you're welcome.' You dipshit.

'I heard that!'

'You were supposed to.' I answered ending the conversation.

As soon as I got back I kept working on the preparations for the banquet. I even went to the kitchen to personally oversee the food. My sweet chef had everything under control which I absolutely adored.

However, I was still thinking about my conversation with Liam. He was right. Every time FL's get close to me my hatred takes over my mouth and I can't stop it. I need to fix this. I had a good plan on how to getting rid of her without tarnishing my reputation. But now people are going to say I provoked her with my words. Ugh!

Am I useless?

'Liam, am I useless?' I asked.

'A little, ' he mumbled.

I couldn't help but whine, 'I don't want to be useless.'

'When I made you choose gifts, there was one about... speech. Why didn't you choose that one?' He asked, sounding I annoyed.

'Because I didn't think I needed it!' I said sounding like a toddler.

Liam mocked me and said, 'well you clearly do.'

'Liam!' I wailed.

'What?' Liam asked annoyed.

I wanted him to tell me how to fix it so I whined again. 'Liam!'

'What? What? What!?' He yelled at me this time.

'Ugh, I don't know! Give me advice...'

'Mmm, I don't know, think before you speak.'

'...that sounds troublesome. I don't want to. What else do you got?' I asked looking for more advice.

Liam stayed silent and it sounded like he took a deep breath, ' well, I got a lot of anger and bottled up rage. Probably, a lot of overdue therapy sessions.'

He sounded like he was ready to kill me and therefore him in the process, so I left him alone.

'I'll think before I speak.'

______________________

Author's note:

Do people like this novel because of Eleanor or Liam? I am confusion.

Also it was my birthday a few days ago! Yeah🎊