Sang Yunxie 1.37

'Do you love him?'

'What do you think?'

'If I knew, would I ask you?'

'I do not. But I promise that I'm gonna take this world seriously, so don't worry about it, ' I answered Liam's question even though I was busy looking at the new clothes I ordered.

'Mmm, ' Liam mumbled.

"Mistress, which material are you gonna wear at the banquet?" Xin You asked as she looked at all the fabrics that were laid out for me to choose from.

"I'm not sure. Let me see the designs after I choose the design I will choose the materials." Xin You passed me a small book filled with drawings of dresses. I looked at it seriously and flipped through the pages fast. Finally, I found one that I liked.

It's been three days since I went to court with the Emperor. When we went there he seemed to have a pretty good understanding of everything that was going on, so I decided to stop going with him. First, because it's not my place as a woman to be there. Second, if the ML decides to get rid of any of my laws, I have some spies in the court...just in case. Third, I'm very lazy. I've been working so hard for the past three years. I honestly don't know how I did it. Sure, Liam helped me with a lot of things but I was the one interacting with a pack of predators. I deserve a break.

However, it seemed like mother empress didn't think so. For the past three years, she has been taking care of the harem, while I took care of the officials. We usually helped each other with our individual tasks, but now that her son is back she decided that it was time to retire. She said that she wanted to plan a banquet to welcome her son and dumped all of her responsibilities onto me.

I planned the wedding so that people wouldn't say I was a jealous whore. But why am I planning this banquet? I got shit to do! I need to get a wax, put treatment on my hair, and bathe in herbs.

However, mother empress didn't even think about my well being a dumped her job onto me.

"Mistress is time to visit the empress, " a cute little maid said as she bowed.

I couldn't help but sigh, I had so much shit to do but I still need it to beat the female lead. Why did I even do this job?

"I understand, prepare the pa.."

"It's already waiting outside, " Xin You interrupted me as she noticed my annoyance. She was basically telling me to stop whining and go.

I briefly pouted but still maintained my cool. "Get me my fan, " I said as I walked to where Lea was.

Lea was playing with one of her toys...well, it was more like destroying one of her toys. If she didn't look so happy, I would say that she had anger management issues.

"Baby, come with mommy, " I said as I bend down to pick her up. She looked at me with annoyance but still walked towards me and jumped in my arm.

I mindlessly started stroking her and left to talk to the FL.

----------------------------------

"Miss, consort Sang came here to see you, " a maid who was out of breath came rushing in.

"Huh!?" The Female lead exclaimed. These past few days she had been staying out of trouble and hadn't even come out of her palace.

When she first saw Sang Yunxie she thought that the emperor was gonna put her in her place. However, it seemed like she was a true seductress.

Instead of punishing her, he has been staying in her Palace. The FL simply couldn't understand. Her mother told her that men were attracted to beauty, but doesn't personality count?

Sang Yunxie was indeed beautiful but she didn't know her place. She questioned the emperor's intention and was rude towards her. Why would anybody want her?

"Let's go, " said the FL as she walked out of the room. It was better to just get this over with.

When she arrived at the receiving hall, she saw Sang Yunxie sitting down while stroking a strange animal with blue eyes. Its body was covered in white, the paws were pink, and the eyes were so beautifully blue. She had never seen anything so...cute!

She seemed to be distracted for a second so her maid discreetly pinched her back. She soon came back to reality and met Sang Yunxie's eyes which seem to be studying her.

The FL waited for Sang Yunxie to get up and greet her, but Sang Yunxie just looked at her with a confused expression and asked, " are you not sitting down?"

After hearing that the FL began wondering if the woman had any brains. "This empress was just wondering if consort Sang knew anything about decorum. After all, you're supposed to bow to your superiors, " said the FL as she controlled her emotions.

Sang Yunxie smiled shyly and said, "I must apologize to the empress. But last night the emperor was a bit too...excited. So I can't properly stand to greet you. I sincerely hope you understand." As she said that, her cheeks turned to a crimson color making her appear innocent and pure.

The maids that were behind her looked at her with compassion, since they knew that the emperor was always bothering the mistress. Xin You wanted to scream LIAR! Since she knew that nothing happened between her and the emperor for the last three days.

First, because she noticed that Sang Yunxie's hickeys were fading away. Second, the emperor always looked like if the mistress bullied him when he left her mistress. Third, she was too happy.

However, instead of expressing her thoughts she also looked at Sang Yunxie with pity. As the saying goes, if you hang out with chickens you're going to cluck.

"I see, " said the FL as she clenched her fists, and sat down.

Sang Yunxie maintained her shy expression as she softly waved her hand indicating for a maid to come forward.

The maid soon came forward and placed two boxes on the table. "As you may...or may not know, we're having a banquet in two weeks to celebrate the return of his highness the emperor...and of course, your marriage to the royal family." Sang Yunxie said with an awkward expression.

At this point the female lead just wanted her to leave. But she couldn't tell her to do that or else her reputation would become worse.

Noticing that the female lead wasn't trying to be annoying Sang Yunxie stopped bothering her and said, "in this box, you will find a set of rules that you will need to abide by while being the empress. Alongside a few historical books that will help expand the mind. In the other box, you will find a set of jewelry from the Xi kingdom. It's been said that the previous owner of this set was unconditionally loved by her husband. Chenqie sincerely hopes that you will find the same kind of love when wearing it."

As Sang Yunxie was speaking the cup that the female lead was holding unexpectedly flew on Sang Yunxie's direction.

Before Sang Yunxie realized what was going on, Xin You was on top of the table, Lea was hissing violently at the female lead, and pieces of the cracked cup were at the side of the room.