Sang Yunxie 1.19

After taking a bath and allowing Xin You to rub the pain cream into my sore muscles, I felt tired. I still ate my breakfast and played with Lea. But, I still didn't feel comfortable being trapped inside my beautiful ancient room. Then I remembered the pavilion that I ordered some of the servants to build.

In my original life, I used to read ancient chinese novels because the story setting always attracted me. The good food, the clothing, and the beautiful buildings they had. So, I made it my hidden mission to try all of the good things I read.

I searched an entire year for a decent chef, who I could mold into my personal-food-making-machine. Yet, I didn't find him until a year later in one of the food stalls during the Lantern Festival, selling yuanxiao or rice balls.

That night, I made up a huge scandal about how sick I was and ordered everyone to stay away from my room. However, I secretly went out and only took my shadow guards with me.

I then found my dream chef selling rice balls, in one of the stalls of the festival.

He enjoyed cooking as much as eating, and was very trustworthy. So, I taught him how to make multiple dishes. Which, in the end, made him think I was a goddess with multiple gifts that wanted to spread her knowledge around. When in reality, I only wanted someone to cook good food for me. Thankfully, he was quick to catch on and soon became my personal chef.

After that, I also trained other trustworthy people to help me out with some of my duties in the palace. Since no matter how talented I was, I couldn't simply run an empire without a single person who I could trust or control. Not to mention, that I also wanted to enjoy my time in this era.

So, I built various things that I could use to waste time. Amongst them was a pavilion in the middle of the small lake within my residence.

The lake's water was smooth and crystal clear, reflecting the shadows of nearby trees surrounding it. While the pavilion was elegant and stood tall in the middle of the lake.

When I remembered that I had that built, but didn't really spend anytime in there, I decided to go.

I told Xin You to bring some of the servants with us and some of Lea's toys so that she wouldn't get bored. It was also kind of hot outside so I asked my most adored, most fat, and most talented chef to make some cold desserts for me to enjoy.

Yes, I know. I'm in the ancient times how do I have access to ice. Let me put this in the most simple and comprehensible way. I am a royalty bitch.

I don't need to worry about not having something. If I wanted something, it would be immediately given to me.
---------
The Empress' Place:

The empress had a lot to do the morning after her wedding night. She had to pay respects to the ancestors, greet the empress dowager, and gather all the concubines in her palace.

Unfortunately, not everything went as smoothly as she thought it was going to go.

When she woke up, the palace servants looked at her strangely and didn't seem to be happy serving her. Although they weren't disrespectful, they didn't seem to be completely obedient towards her.

When they went in, they did their jobs in the most formal manner. They were fast, punctual, and respectful. They didn't try to crack a smile, give the empress a compliment, or suck up to her like servants normally did.

It seemed like they wanted to be done with their jobs and escaped her room as soon as possible. It sounded strange since any normal person would be delighted to serve the most powerful woman in the nation.

Unfortunately, this wasn't the case.

Firstly, all of the servants in the empress' palace were carefully selected by a specific person that most of them swore loyalty to.

Second, the empress didn't have anything to offer them. At the beginning they thought of doing the right thing and support the empress. Unfortunately, they were living in a dog eats dog world.

When they entered the palace, they thought they were extremely lucky since they had someone with power backing them up. Unfortunately, that logic quickly went down the drain due to the fact that the Emperor didn't even spend five minutes in the room before running if to his consort!

The emperor didn't even know imperial consort Sang! They were strangers and yet, he decided to spend the night with her after spending five minutes with the empress.

Which only gave people two possible reasons why this happened. Either the empress was an unbearable person that was impossible to be around. Or they had the quickest fuck in the universe.

Either way, the emperor got out of that room as fast as he could with an icy expression on his face and went to his other woman. Which meant that he wasn't pleased with the empress. So, it was only normal for the servants to be reluctant to serve a woman who wasn't favored by the emperor.

Thankfully for the empress, her two most trustworthy servants were there to morally support her, Su An and Cheng Mian.

Although they were just servants the FL trusted them with her life. Which is stupid but, nice?

Anyway, as soon as she woke up, the whole palace knew about the events of the previous night and as some people say: rumors fly.

Since the whole palace knew, it was only a matter of time for the citizens to know. And it was obvious that they were going to shame the empress, since she wasn't able to please the emperor.

It sounded sexist, but that was the cruel truth. The man was never wrong. Plus, they weren't going to blame the other female party.

She was their goddess after all.