Sang Yunxie 1.14

The wedding ceremony went very good. The skies were clear, the couple was there, and all of the citizens looked happy as they gathered to witness the union of the dragon and the phoenix.

The whole capital was decorated in red so that the couple could have good luck. Guards of honor escorted the new empress' golden palanquin and royal eunuchs threw coins on the skies.

Everything looked perfect, the people could see that the new empress was being treated properly. Her wedding was stunning and she got the best groom she could possibly think of.

Unfortunately, those weren't her thought as she was taken to the palace  in such a grand manner. Although you weren't able to see her pretty face because of the veil. Her eyes were red and she looked extremely sad as she was granted the biggest honor a woman could ask for.

She simply couldn't understand why she couldn't be with the man she loved. Her father used to treat her well and gave her the best of the best. He made sure she learned the four womanly arts and became a proper lady. However, he didn't gave her what she most wanted, the chance to be with the man she loved.

Instead he forced her to become the empress. So that he could have more power in court.

Thankfully, her cousin said that as long as she was patient he was going to find a way to help her escape the palace. After that they were going to settle in the country side and live a happy life.

Because of his words, she decided to be patient and protect her innocence.

After all the hastle, she was led to her chambers where she needed to wait for the emperor. However, she felt tired of wearing the heavy crown and annoyed because of what it meant. So, she decided to take it off and threw it in a corner of the bed.

The time passed by slowly and then she heard heavy footsteps coming from the outside.

She nervously got up and clenched her fists putting a brave face on. However, it was soon replaced with a blushing face.

The man in front of her was simply majestic. He was wearing golden dragon robes and a crown, that didn't help him hide his muscular figure. His face was cold but handsome. You simply couldn't stop looking.

Unfortunately, because of this she was left standing there. While looking at him with a dazed look on face.

His brows furrowed when he noticed that she wasn't wearing her headpiece and didn't even bothered kneeling to show respect. Instead she was standing with a dumb look on her face.

Something that didn't represented the qualities of an empress.

However, he figured that she was just nervous because of what was about to happen and went inside the room.

His movements seemed to have woken her up from her dazed and she immediately kneeled.

"Greetings to the emperor," she said in a high pitched voice.

"You may rise," he said in a monotone tone as he open a jar of wine to pour a cup for the two of them.

He handed her a cup and held the other in his hands.

She stared at the cup with unspoken grievances. This was not the person she wanted to be sharing it with.

“Are you not drinking it?” he placed his empty cup on the table, and then turned around and walked towards her to engage in activities that married couples usually do, only to see her hand still holding a cup full of wine.

Deep inside, he started to feel impatient. He couldn’t help but knit his eyebrows. What is she doing?

She stared at him with a decisive stared and pour the cup of wine on the floor.

“You!” Shocked, the emperor questioned her coldly. “What is the meaning of this?”

It was traditional for a couple to share wine in their wedding night. This symbolizes drinking from the cup of life and sharing all of its experiences together, both bitter and sweet. However, she dumped the wine in the floor. Telling him that she wasn't willing to do that. Yet, she still accepted the empress tittle.

She bowed down to him and said, "your highness, I already love someone else! Please don't force me to be with you."

Li Yifeng, was not by any means a man who could be easily angered. He has always been rational and smart.
However, at this precise moment he couldn't possibly anything but anger.

He was handsome beyond words, rich, strong, and AN EMPEROR! He was the perfect husband for... anyone. Although, he was never physically involved with anyone. He knew that he was desired by many. But, he chose to wait until he was married like his future wife was doing. Instead of just sleeping with anyone.

Yet the girl in front of him was looking at him like if he was a beast. Even though it was her family who proposed the marriage!

Not only did he feel angry but also offended.

He stared at her with chilling eyes and a murderous aura he gathered from the battlefield.

This was something someone no martial skills couldn't stand. So, she soon fell to her feet because of the oppressive aura.

He noticed that she was having trouble breathing qnd he honestly couldn't stand being in the same room as her do he left.

Outside of the room were some eunuchs gathered to make sure no one interrupted the "wedding night." They weren't able to hear what happened inside.

They just saw the emperor storming out of the room with a chilly face.

He ordered the eunuchs, "take zhen to imperial consort sang's palace."