moment of truth

19th of may

"I'm scared George," i told my best friend as we boarded the plane to soon. we were on our way to see the boys. and matty. in the past few hours, we had thrown together cases of clothes and sorted out everything for the apartment with leon. he wished us well and hugged me. i think he knew things weren't great and i truly appreciated him. i called kian and my mum, they supported me and told me id always have a home if i needed to leave. this hurt. i don't think that they believed me and matty could figure this out. perhaps i was scared they were right. maybe they are.

"i know," he said squeezing my hand with his. he knew i didn't mean about the plane or flying. he knew i meant about matty. i smiled, i felt safe with George. i just had to hold on for this flight then i would be in his arms. i tried to not let gabby cloud my mind but it was proving impossible.

i wanted to see matty now. i just wanted his face to light up like it use to, i wanted him to hug me and tell me i never had to worry about gabby. i knew they were friends and it killed me, she was so gorgeous, i wish he could see how even that hurt me these days. maybe i was being too sensitive or maybe i had a suspicion. i just didn't want to be THAT girlfriend. i was determined to not be.

as the plane started to take off Georges' hand didn't leave mine. the whole way to Spain thoughts was swirling. would matty feel the same way? did he want me the way i wanted him? i think George sensed the anxiety because his eyes met mine and he smiled.i tried my best to give him one back but it was faint. i rested my head against the glass and began to imagine our lives if we never connected. would i still be as depressed? would i have met someone new? would i be traveling to Spain to chase them? i knew the answer to that. my eyes felt heavy suddenly and i think i started to drift off because i began to see darkness shroud me. i felt at ease. i felt better.

"hey, gracey hey wake up babe" George shook my shoulder gently as i stirred, the first things my eyes saw was the fogging of the plane glass id been resting on. id fell asleep. i rubbed my eyes and moved my hair out of my eyes. i stretched before smiling at George, he extended his arm to mine for me to take and get out of my seat

"let's go see them kiddo"