london in july

london,,, 1 month later

july

one month. one month without matty. life felt ... well life felt quiet.

i was meeting today to go over some future plans for our child, who was due in a little less than 4 months. my bump was very apparent now and the july weather made for beautiful outfits. i moved back to london but instead of moving in with my parents, i moved in with kian who had gotten his own house. he and his boyfriend lived there, they'd met a couple months before hand but he kept it from all of us. while i was hurt he hasn't mentioned it he explained it all one night and i understood.
me, kian and lewis, his boyfriend, all lived in a house in camden. admittedly not the nicest area but it was all we could afford between kians office job, lewis' bartending and me being a part timer at the same office as kian but looking for something more.
the house was in a row and we had a small back garden with a wall around it. it had two floors, one bathroom and just enough room for us all to live in without hating one another. it was okay.

george checked in on me daily, he truly was my best friend. he met some one. her name is caroline and she is lovely from what i've heard, i'm meeting her officially next week. she's no lia but she's beautiful and intelligent. more than that she makes george smile like the bad shit never happened. she makes him happy.

adam and carly are still going strong, the boys are touring again next year so i know she's worried but she's strong, she's got this. we meet up a lot lately for coffee and chats about the baby, her and gabby drifted due to a comment she made. she won't tell me what was said but i can guess t was something about me. i feel sorry for her and i guess despite everything i hope she gets her happy ending.

ross is still single but enjoying family life back home. he bakes me treats 5 days out of 7. he's deciding on where to move next as his lease is up soon, i'm hoping i can convince him to move to camden. i doubt he will agree.

the album is coming out soon, they decided on a name, it's been everywhere lately, everywhere i go.

i like it when you sleep for you are so beautiful yet so unaware

george told me matty refused to tell him where the name came from. i knew. a comment he said back in paris sprang to kind whenever i heard it. i knew exactly where that album name came from but that was my secret to hold.

and matty, well matty is matty. the boys haven't mentioned him meeting anyone to me but i suppose they wouldn't. it was hard at first, i thought i'd made a mistake and that i should take it back. but i wrote out all my fears and hopes and dreams and realised i needed to be alone to find myself.

i enrolled into university and got a place for September, i was going to study business despite me hating it at college, i knew i'd like to own my own business and this was taking the first steps. baby steps. i'd been offered a place at the university of london so i was excited for that next year of course in the mean time i was hoping to find another job so i could begin saving more for the baby. at the moment i just faxed things part time where kian worked, i wanted something more but for the moment it was all i could do.  i was excited to be finally doing something with my life. i wasn't just the depressed girl, i wasn't the mourning girl or the groupie for my boyfriend i was me. i was grace, the girl with the baby who was going to university and doing something for herself for once. i was happy.

i was meeting matty in an hour so it gave me time to dress and wait for him. we arranged to meet here so we could work out a plan. i finally got out of my bed and rubbing my head i walked to my closet. my array of clothes had changed vastly within the short month, gone were tight skirts and short tops, i missed them dearly but it was summer and i was pregnant. i decided on a black body con, nothing lacey like i use to wear, just simple black but instead of being spaghetti straps it was off the shoulder and a little ruffled around the top. i slipped on some champion socks that george had left one time and brushed my hair before applying powder and mascara.

i walked out of my room and into the living room to be greeted by kian

"hey kiddo"
"heya, going somewhere?" i asked as i looked at him and lewis picking up their car keys
"giving you some space sis" kian laughed hugging me
"i'll miss you" i pouted at them wanting them to stay, i hadn't seen matty in only a month but it felt longer and i was sacred
"you'll be fine it's only matty" kian said reading my mind
"do you need anything?" lewis asked
"uhhh, some shower gel and strawberries please" i told my brothers boyfriend, his bright smile complemented his tanned skin well as he smiled
"got it!"
"see you soon" i said walking them to the door
"see ya kiddo" lewis said clearly picking up on my brothers names for me
"love you" kian said hugging me once more
"love you" i repeated before shutting and locking the door behind them

i checked my phone,

12:40

i still had twenty minutes before matty arrived, i was beginning to get hungry so i decided i'd have a sandwich. i walked to the kitchen before checking the fridge for food, there wasn't a lot so i really was working with what i had. i switched my spotify on and shuffled, i was dancing around the kitchen with the bread knife when the doorbell went, it was only 12:45 so i assumed kian and lewis had forgotten something, i saw their car charger on the table and grabbed it alongside the keys laughing. i ran to the door and unlocked it laughing

"you forgot this-"

i  said halting at the end of my sentence. it wasn't kian and lewis.
it was matty. he smiled at me before brushing the black curls off his face, he's crooked smile turned up and his eyes gleamed

"hey"