Chapter 1: Soft Broccoli

"Izuku please remember to stop by the store on your way home from work!" My mom called to me as I was walking out the door. 

"Yes mom! I'll be back before dinner!" I said. I closed the door behind me and raced out of the apartment complex. 

It was early in the morning but the streets of the city were already filled. I saw a crowd of people surrounding a TV shop watching the screen placed in the window with the news. Thankfully I was small enough to move to the front to see what was happening, the only time I'm glad I'm short. 

"-Minoru Mineta was found dead this morning in the park. Police have no leads to what happened and will update us farther on their investigation-" 

"It's got to be a new villain!" The voice in the crowed over powered the women on the screen as they talking about their theories. 

"It must be the same one that killed the Sato kid." Another voice screamed out in the crowd. 

"I don't think so that Villain kidnaps his victims for at least a week and then kills them. This one was only missing for half a day." A lady said arguing. 

"Maybe this kid was just too annoying." (😐)

I walked out of the crowed with a sigh. Another attack. The people were already terrified to even leave their houses at night, I guess I was too. To be honest, no one has confirmed if there is any new villains but with all these killings it seems like there is. It scared everyone and everyone was worried about who would be next but I'm sure the pro hero's will take care of it if it is a super villain, maybe All Might will come fight. I smile to myself. 

Being quirkless was a bummer, and watching my favorite hero in action made me feel better about everything. It was probably the only thing that kept me going some days. 

After a long walk to the ice cream shop I worked at I started my shift. I really didn't do much since this shop doesn't get a lot of attention but when I do get a customer I smile and stay as bright as I possibly can! 

"But mama! I want the red popsicle!" A child in the store screamed as a mother tried to finish what looked like a business call. 

"Mommy is busy! You'll just have to be happy with the blue one!" She said, obviously a bit  annoyed. The kids eyes swelled up with tears and he looked like he was about to have a tantrum. 

"Hey," I said and the kid looked at me. "Blue is a pretty cool color! Look, it even matches your shirt!" I said. The kid looked down at his shirt and gave a small smile. "You know what else is blue?" He shook his head and looked at me. I grabbed a roll of round stickers we usually used just to stick receipts on bags and gave him a blue one. His eyes lit up with happiness and his mother mouthed a thank you to me, and left with her child. I smiled to myself and saw someone sitting in the back of the store who watched the whole thing. He approached the counter with a blank face.

"What can I help you with?" I smiled to him and waited to hear what he had to say. 

"I don't know. What do you like here?" He asked and looked down at me behind the counter, I hate being short. 

"Well, I like smoothies, so I really like the mango pineapple smoothies." I smiled. 

"Great I'll take one of those." The guys lips turned into a very brief smile and I felt myself go a little red in the cheeks. I'm not going to lie, this guy was cute! 

He had red and white hair parted perfectly so no color mixed with the other. He had a scar over his left eye but that didn't seem as important as the fact that he had one blue eye and one grey eye. He wore a fancy suit and leans over the counter with his chin in his hand.