Chapter 15: What Happened?

I woke up with a headache and I looked around. I was in the hospital with my mom asleep on a chair next to the bed. I looked around curiously. What happened? I tried to think about how I could have gotten here but every time I tried to think of it my head just had a spike of pain.

"What?" I said out loud. I saw my mom's eyes fly open and race to my side as if she was never asleep, maybe she was awake the whole time.

"Izuku! My baby! Are you okay? How do you feel?" She asked frantically and checked me like a mother would.

"I have a head ach that's all." She sighed.

"You were outside the apartment with burn marks on your leg and your arm. What happened?" I thought about anything but I felt the same sharp pain in my head as before but I did feel like my heart had be shattered, but from what?

"I don't know." She grabbed a hold of my hand and I stared right into her eyes.

"That's alright, what do you last remember?" I tried again but I felt the pain again but i thought of last night.

"I was walking home from work late because I had lost track of time."

"Izuku," I saw tears streaming over her check. "That was a month ago." I stared at the wall as I tried to think about anything else but my mind was blank. I have no memories of the last mouth! What happened to me?

"I'll get the doctor." My mother said and left me alone. I placed a hand to my head and I tried to stop the pounding in my head. I wanted to remember something I know I did and it was on the tip of my mind but I had no idea what it was.

•••

The doctor did a few test to see what I couldn't remember anything and now I was waiting for the results with my mom. The doctor walked through the door and I waited as patiently as I could.

"Izuku Midoriya, it seems like someone doesn't want you to know what happened. It appears the events you went through were erased by a quirk but you can fight it off if you try to remember. It's supposed to send you a headache every time you try to remember anything the person didn't want you to know." My mother gripped my hand tightly and I squeezed her back.

"Thank you." I bowed and we left to go home.

"I have no idea what could have happened to you, I thought at first that you had become a victim of all those attacks. But when they didn't find you I thought maybe you were with that list of other kids that went missing recently. But you came back and it looks like you had to fight your way out and-"

"What missing people?" I asked as we parked the car.

"I think I put the missing person report in the glove box. Anyways..." I tuned her out as I went to the list. I found some familiar names but every time I tried to think how I knew them my headache returned. What did these people have to do with me? If I was kidnapped with them why did I escape and not them? How did I escape?

"Izuku?" I heard my mother call. I turned and looked up at her. "Why are you crying?" I looked at her confused but when I touched my check I felt tears.

"I-I don't know."

"Well, you still have your job because you were kidnapped but please take some time to recover."

"It's been two day's mom. I can go to work." She nodded as we entered our apartment it seemed so changed since I left. Everything was an absolute mess and I didn't smell like moms cooking.

"I know your back now but I was so worried I forgot w-what..." I saw her begin to cry her eyes out and I quickly wrapped her in a hug.

"I'm back now!" She sobbed and I just let her cry till she was all dried out.

"Never leave without saying anything, okay?"

"Of course mom."

•••

I was at work the next day and everything felt dull. I felt a gaping hole in my chest like I had lost something but I had no idea what it was.
I was pulling petals off one of the flowers that were set up for decoration when a brown haired girl and a bright red hair man walked in with bright smiles. I felt something like happiness in my heart when I saw them but I've never met them.

"Hi, how can I help you?" I asked and the girl smiled brightly.

"Two mango pineapple smoothies please!" I nodded and began to make the smoothies.

"You know there's a lot of food back there, have you ever had a food fight?" The red head asked. I laughed as I placed the drinks in the blender.

"No, I'm usually the only one here but I won't mind a good food fight!" I felt a small headache come back and I wondered what a food fight could have been apart of the last month but the headache grew. Why a food fight?!?

I handed them their drinks and smiled. The girl's smile dropped as she looked at me.

"Why are you crying?" She asked I reached up and again I had randomly started to cry. I quickly dry my tears as I mumble an apology.

"I keep crying for no reason, it's strange." I smiled to them and she smiled back.

"You might be crying because you lost something, but you just don't remember." I looked at the man and saw him looking at me with an almost sad expression.

"Y-Yeah," I felt a sharp headache as I looked closer at the two. "H-have we...have we meet before?" I asked. They both smiled brightly like I was right but then they turned and walked out.

"W-wait!" I feel more tears fall as they leave. I collapsed to my knees as they fell. "W-Why do I feel this way? W-what happened to me?" I cried to myself.

Todoroki's P.O.V.

I was sitting in my office in the mansion but the only thing on my mind was Midoriya and how he must be dealing with everything. I was able to make him forget so he could hopefully move on with his life but that quirk wasn't the most reliable thing. I threw a pen down on the desk as I leaned back in my chair.

"Boss!" I turn and see Kirishima and Uraraka walking into the room with half empty smoothies, from where I met Midoriya. I sat up quickly and stared at them.

"Where'd you get that?" I asked and they looked at each other.

"Well, you know how technically you let us go?" I nodded at Uraraka's words. "Well, we went out to go see how Midoriya was doing, but I swear he didn't know who we were! The quirk worked!" I looked at them as I felt a ping in my chest.

"How is he?" I asked and looked away.

"He seems happy but while we were talking to him tears started to randomly fall. I think that quirk can only hold back so much." I listened closely to Kirishima's words.

"He doesn't know why but he's hurting! He's not actually happy and I think he's confused with everything." I placed a hand over my eyes and sighed. "But," I moved my fingers to look at her.

"But what?" I asked when she didn't say anything else.

"Well, the quirk can be broken." Kirishima jumped in. "And we talked to him for like a minute and he asked if he knew us. I don't think the quirk is going to hold." I sighed again as I placed my forehead on my desk.

"We'll play it out and see what happens. I want some one to always have an eye on him because he could still be a target for the League Of Villains. And no more communication either." I said and told them to leave me alone. I looked around the room and I felt a single tear fall.

"I'm sorry Midoriya, I'm trying to keep you safe."

——————————————————————
READ THIS!!

You guys can't hate me but I gave you three chapters this week as a thank you for 1K reads but no one voted to see what they wanted so I picked this one (since I want to see you all suffer and this will break your hearts)

Even the two helping me with this story cursed me out for writing this!!!

Anyways write ya later ASSHOLES!!