Chapter 27: Run!

"Well that was interesting," Shoto said as we walked out of my apartment complex hand and hand. "We should visit your mom more often!" He laughed and I grumbled. "What?" He asked. 

"I love my mother, I really do! But, she loves any opportunity to embarrass me." I said and released Shoto's hand to foaled my arms.

"Aw, it's okay Izuku." He said and wrapped his arms around me. "Besides, you're adorable when you're all red." he chuckled and poked my cheek. I swatted his hand away and pulled out of his hold. 

"You're so mean!" I pouted. 

"I'm not mean!" He said as his jaw dropped. "I just love teasing you." I glared playfully at him and started walking to my side of the car. "Don't look at me like that, it's too cute." He said and got into the driver seat. I rolled my eyes and opened my door. As I opened the door I saw the same man from before looking at me. I was about to call out to Shoto but the man just held up a finger to his lips.

"Izuku?" I hear Shoto say. I quickly turn my head to look at him and saw he was slightly concerened. "Are you okay?" he asked and i instantly replied with a nervous chuckle.

"Yeah, you know me, my mind travels to it's own world sometimes." I laughed off and got in the car. Shoto instantly grabbed my hand and looked me in the eyes. 

"Are you sure that's what happened?" He asked and i nodded with a small smile. Shoto just nodded to me and started to drive away. I turned my heand to looked out my window and I saw the man had disappeared. The drive was silent for the most part but it was a comfortable silence. Shoto drove with one of his hands grasped tightly around mine and I just watched the scenery pass by as we drove. 

"Do you think we'll find any thing weird in our house when we get back?" Shoto asked with a slight chuckle and I laughed at his comment

"With that group I think there's a high probability that they'll have something new for us." I said and we pulled up to the house. As we were walking up to the door i realized it was quiet, too quiet. I grabbed Shoto's shoulder to stop him. 

"Hold on, do you hear that." He stopped and listened. 

"No?" He said and I nodded. 

"Exactly." I grabbed a broom that was sitting on the porch and nodded to Shoto to open the door. 

"Oh yeah, because a broom is going to save you." He said sarcasticly. I wacked him in the back with the broom and he chuckled before he reached to unlock the door, but it was already unlocked. 

"Do you think anyone left it unlocked?" I asked and Shoto turned to look around the yard and he looked serious. 

"Someone else has been here." He said.

"What makes you think that?" He pointed to a post on the porch and I saw Mina's acid slowly disintigrating the wood. 

"There's been a fight, a recent one it looks like. I want you to take the keys and head over to Kiri." He said and handed me the keys. 

"I'm not leaving you." I told him as I gripped onto my broom. 

"I'm not asking you Midoriya! I'm telling you to go!" He said and I saw the same rage in his eyes from earlier.

I gripped onto the keys and reluctently made my way back to the car. I heard Shoto walk into the house as. I opened the car door and almost instantly I heard the sounnd of fighting. I hesitated to get in the car and I stared at the front door. In an instant a man was flying out of the second story window and landed in our yard. His body was covered in ice but he slowly got up from the ground and glared at me.