V : The Case of the Stolen Book

─── A Z U R A ───

They rolled their eyes in disbelief. Mukhang nagtitimpi lang silang masapak or sipain ang lalaking ito.

"It's not time for a silly joke" naiinis na wika ni Viridian.

The door swung open and a student suddenly appeared. The bespectacled boy entered the room with a problematic look in his face. He's tall, skinny, he has a messy hair, an eyebags below his eyes, he wears an eyeglasses and he has a special badge saying that he is the editor in chief of the campus journalism club. He's also one of our batchmate from HUMSS strand. He heaved a sigh as he sat in the monobloc chair in front of us. No one dare to greet him, not even a simple hi or hello.

"You see, I'm right" hirit ni Cerl as he leaned his back in the couch. Hindi nalang namin siya pinansin "Anyways, spill it" he commanded to his friend.

"A while ago, the golden book that was preserved for years found missing" the boy reported while we are all listening attentively to the details he's telling about.

"Do you mean the one in the library?" Roux interrupted by throwing a question.

"Yes, that one" he answered while pushing his glasses upwards.

Since I am a transferee in this school, I cannot relate on the book that they are talking about. Yes, I visited the library once but I didn't saw that book. I have no idea what does it look like maliban sa sinabi niyang it is gold in color.

"When was this occurred?" Viridian asked. The case seems to piqued her interest.

"As far as I could remember, it all happened when the school bell rangs, probably 7:30 in the morning" the bespectacled boy replied while thinking deeply about the information related to the case.

"Do they have the list of the possible suspects?" Cole was the one to asked next.

"Yes, there were three of them if the librarian is excluded. The three were told by the student council to shut their mouth para walang makaalam tungkol sa pangyayaring ito. Also, they didn't tell the police so that the students wouldn't be triggered if they see barrier tape around the library. Well, that's good because it wouldn't be hard for you to investigate and have access to the scene. That's all I know, if you want to know more about the case you might need some investigation" the boy concluded and suggested. Thanks to him we have a background about the case.

"Thank you for the information. Oh by the way, we have a new member as you can see. She's Azusa Shane Palma, from now on everytime there's a case ahead she will go to your office to get the necessary information so that you don't need to come to our clubroom anymore. I know that you have a lot of works to do and we don't want to bother you" Cerl introduced me to the bespectacled boy in front of us. Napapikit na lang ako ng sabihin niya ng mali ang pangalan ko.

"Azura Shannon Calma" I corrected at nagpilit ako ng ngiti.

Ako pa talaga ang inassign niya para doon? How nice of him. I don't even know this editor in chief guy and I presume it'll be awkward whenever I visit his office.

"That's completely fine with me. Anyway, I am Johansson Salcedo you can call me 'Yohan' for short, it's nice to meet you Miss Calma" he extended his left hand for shake hands.

"It's nice to meet you as well" a smile plastered in my lips as I shook hands with him.

"I need to go now fellas, there's a bunch of paperwork waiting for me in my office. Hope you can solve this mystery. I will update you soon for another case. Good luck!" Yohan wave his right hand before leaving the room.