Chapter 11

Deanna.

To say I was surprised is an understatement. 

What the heck!  Our companies will be going up against each other?

Anong kalokohan ito?  Does Fhen knows that Jema will be here?  Ang dami kong tanong sa pinsan ko na yun.  O baka wala rin syang alam sa mixed up.

She told me that it's in the bag already and I just have to attend this meeting for formalities.

Mukhang nagulat pa si Jema when she found out na co-owners na kami ni Fhen.

Hindi na yata talaga sila nagkakausap ni Fhen kaya wala syang idea sa mga ganap.

I was still thinking when Mr. Alvarez came in to the room.

We all greeted each other then the meeting started.   We proceeded to the presentation quick.

Ganyan talaga pag big bosses kausap mo, walang sinasayang na oras.  Straight to the point agad.

Jema stood up and started talking about their proposal.  I'm just looking at her.

Hindi pa rin sya nagbabago.  Yung drive nya sa work is still the same, if not more.  She came prepared.

This is what she wants, she told me that before.  To be the best in everything she does.  Yung pangarap nya, abot na abot nya na.  Kaya mas lalo akong humanga sa kanya.  Napakasipag at napaka seryoso pagdating sa trabaho.

"Re-branding, analysis, cost effective.
Since re-branding, we need to consider alternative synergies.  It's two products immerging,  so they should be compatible." Jema is saying.

Then she looked at me.  Huh, how long have I been day dreaming?  Bakit parang sya lang yung sa utak ko.

Napatuwid ako ng upo.  Wala yata akong naintindihan sa mga sinabi nya pero tumango tango ako para hindi halata.

So far, it's going really well, I reckon.

"This partnership will go a long mile.  Ice cream and sports drinks create energy, excitement and excellence." she added then sat down.

"Wow, that's impressive Jema.  You really did your research about the two products.  That will definitely get the attention of the public." sir Alvarez said.

Wait, what?  Is Jema's team getting the account?

Oh no, this is not happening.  Fhen won't be able to forgive me if I fail to close the deal.

Think Deanna.

I stood up and looked around.

"Excuse me, sir.  May I say something?" I announced.

"Go ahead, Ms. Wong.  I want to hear your proposal too." he replied.

I took a deep breath and relax a bit before I get to the front.

"Ice cream and a sports drink can also refresh,  rehydrate, replenish and reactivate the energy.   So if we combine that analogy with excitement and excellence,  then boom, we have an unfathomable union of two products." I said.

"Are you trying to say that your idea and CDM's are both having worthwhile?" sir Alvarez asked.

I was surprised with the question so I didn't know what to say.

I looked at Jema as if asking for help.  Sa lahat ng ayaw ko eh yung magmukhang helpless lalo na sa harap ni Jema.  

But what can I do eh she's more experienced than me.