Chapter 2- Present Day (Edited)

I sat at my desk, chewing on the tip of my glasses as I graded papers. Surprisingly, I didn't usually need glasses, anymore, and I didn't have braces. After all the years I had wasted on alcohol, mainly beer, I hadn't realized how much I've grown or how much... fuller I've became. Maybe I was a really late bloomer. Instead of standing at 5'0, like I had since I was in high school and my first three months of college, I stood around 5'8 and had muscles that were prominent.

Something that helped me out was finding a karate place and started to learn there, becoming a teacher after completing all the belts, but I still learned how to fight, not wanting to get caught unprotected. Also, another thing that I done for myself, was starting to dance and do gymnastics, making me look lean and muscular. Another thing that helped me get back on my feet, was starting to go to hospitals and nursing homes, becoming 'Aunt Jess'. The reason was, I didn't know where my younger brother was and my older brother was killed in the accident, that had, also, killed my parents.

I sighed a little and shook my head, clearing those thoughts, so I could start thinking about grading papers. Huh, teacher by day and teacher by night. I guess that is what my goal had been all along.

I looked up to look at my high school students, finishing up their test. Some looked so bored, that I thought some of them might start to doze off. Be glad that tomorrow is Friday and that I have a movie planned for ya'll, I thought, a smirk appearing on my face.

I checked the time and sighed, seeing that it was almost time for the end of the class. "Pencils down," I said as I stood from my seat and looked at the students. They obliged and placed their pencils down, looking at me. "Now, I am sorry that this has been a boring day, but I got to do some things to keep me here. Tests have to happen to be here." There were a couple of chuckles because I treat them as if they were human beings and maybe a little like their friend or as I tell myself their "aunt". "But anyways, since it is Friday tomorrow and to treat you all, I've asked Principal Andrews to let us watch a movie. It would be great time to grade the rest of the tests, since my weekend is booked."

"And, why is that, Ms. Wallace? Does that mean you won't be coming to our game?" one of my students asked, disappointment in his voice. I sighed a little and studied the 18 year old male that asked me. His eyes looked the same as man that had broken my heart, but I ignored the yearning that I felt. His blonde hair fell his face, and he looked just like an image of his father at that age.

I sighed and rubbed the bridge of my nose. "Yes, Mr. Berkley," I said, something in my voice sending a few of the Werewolves, including Daniel Berkley, shifting uncomfortably in their seat. "I will not be at your football game, since I have to work, sadly." I've made a promise that I would try to go to all the games of the students, or buy something from them to help with fundraisers. Everyone knew that I had a sweet tooth problem, since I couldn't really eat sweets when I had my braces.

The bell rang and people started to walk out, putting their tests on my desk. "Don't forget," I called out. "That paper is due tomorrow. Do your own work, and that goes for you, Dexter, if you want some brownies." There was a sad 'aww' coming from the student that I had called out and a smirk appeared on my face.

"Ms. Wallace?" someone asked making me quickly turn my head from the door to look at the person, who had spoken. Daniel's eyes held something that looked like a mix fear and nervousness. I could tell that his eyes were turning kind of black, since his wolf wanted to do something, like kill me. "C-can I talk to you for a minute? If you're not busy, of course."

I looked at the clock, checking the time. "I have lunch and planning, right now, but if you must. Please, just shut the door, Mr. Berkley, if you have anything... weird to say." I didn't want to tell him that I knew his secret, and I wouldn't do anything to hurt the pack. There was a deep ache in my heart because... well, I still felt that it should be my pack and that David- I broke that thought by absentmindedly pulling out the necklace that I kept hidden underneath my shirt. The lightning bolt reminded me of the time I spent with a pack, where I was actually kind of thought as an equal.

A small growl broke me from my thoughts and made me look at the young male by the door. His eyes were changing colors, and I knew that I had to explain a few things, because I sure as hell knew that his father didn't. "I guess you know what the symbol means for a pack," I said softly.

The growl died in his throat as he looked at me, startled. "What? How?" His eyes were filled with fear and challenge, making me want to laugh. "You're not some Hunter that is going to kill me right? My dad is an Alpha. I could have him force you from this place and never-" He stopped when I burst out laughing. "It's not funny business," he growled a little.

"Sit down," I said after I calmed down. I clutched my side, because it had kind of been a long time, since I had laughed like that. "Ooh that was a blessing and I didn't know I could laugh like that after..." I looked away from him, feeling slightly depressed.

There was some movement from behind me, and I knew that Daniel had sat down in the first seat. "You got five minutes before I ask Principal Andrews to come over here and take you to my father. So, I advise you to explain."

I sighed a little and shook my head, placing the end of my glasses into my mouth before I walked to the front of the desk and leaned against it. "That wouldn't be such a good idea. I-I'm not sure that he knows I'm working with his son." And with that, I told him my story.

***

"And that is how I know about Vampires and Werewolves," I said. I glanced at the time. "And you might want to get to class, so I'll write you a pass." I stood and walked behind my desk.

Daniel's face had a pure look of surprise and a bit shock after I told him everything. "So... he rejected you, because you weren't a werewolf and because you were ugly," he said trying to wrap that idea around his head.

"Yep," I said popping out the 'p'. "And I drank five years of my life away, because I was so upset and heartbroken." My hands shook a little as I said that, making my note looking far sloppier than it would've if I had been calm.

"But t-t-that is just-" There was a loud crash and I knew that he had flipped over a desk because of his anger.

"Don't think low of your father, Son," I said absentmindedly calling him son. "He's still a good man."

"That's not the point, though," Daniel said still a little bit annoyed and angry. "The pack is suffering because of some stupid mistake he made 23 years ago. Doesn't he know that 'soul mates' are supposed to be for forever?"

My heart clenched a little as I walked over to him. I placed a comforting hand on his shoulder, surprised by how quickly it seemed to calm him and his wolf. "Daniel, if he hadn't done that, then I wouldn't have met some really amazing people, people who actually care who I am and not what I am. Besides, I wouldn't have met you, and you wouldn't have been born." My voice was soothing as I squeezed his arm reassuringly. "I wouldn't even have gotten myself a motorcycle, if I had mated with him back then."

Daniel looked up at me with a weird expression on his face, but I could see that I tamed the beast (no pun intended). "You are the only teacher, I know, that uses a motorcycle to go to work."

I scoffed a little, teasingly. "She's my baby," I said. "And she gets me anywhere I need to go." I paused and sighed. "And yes, I'm starting my "rebellious" teenage years late with the bike." I handed him his pass. "Now, get to class before I make you clean up... something."

This made Daniel give me a big smile. "Yes, Ms. Wallace," he said. He glanced at the desk that was lying, almost broken, on the floor. "And I'm sorry about the desk."

I looked at the desk and shrugged my shoulder. "It wasn't important, anyways," I said making him laugh a little. I squeezed his shoulder one last time before I released him and walked to my desk, to get the papers graded as Daniel grabbed his stuff and made his way to the door. He paused and looked at me.

"Ms. Wallace?" he asked. I raised my head to see him still smiling. "His wolf is still wanting you to be his mate and not some whore. His wolf goes crazy when Dad smells your scent on my clothes."

"Good to know," I muttered sarcastically as I looked down at the papers, making Daniel snort. Oh right, Werewolves have a very good sense of hearing.

"And you would've made a great Luna." He smiled a little knowing smile as I jerked my head to look at him to see if he was serious. Without answering my questioning gaze, he nodded his head before walking out of the room and going to where ever he had to go.

_____________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Pic of Jess's bike on top.