Chapter 19 (Edited)

I pulled Dean into the kitchen and saw many faces that I have and have not seen before.

People stopped chatting and looked at me and Dean. Some of the faces, the ones that have not met me yet, looked at us weirdly.

"I think that they, the new members, think I'm cheating on my mate," Dean whispered, so that only I could hear. "They have never seen me hold another female's hand, except with my mate, before."

I hid a laugh behind a cough. That would be... uh... can I get an ew? I mean, come on, he's my brother, and I love my sister-in-law to death. I would never do that to someone.

"Well, look who came down from Kansas to visit us," someone said, breaking the silence, as they came forward from the crowd. I looked around to see that it was one of my best friends named Shane Green.

A smile flickered onto my face, as I walked over to him, meeting him halfway. The country male grinned, pulling me into a hug. "You should've came earlier," he whispered in my ear, his breath tickling it. "I needed insight."

A smirk appeared on my face. "And what should I have done?" I asked him, in a teasing manner. "Stick you in a closet, with your mate, like I did when I was 14?"

Shane pulled me back and glared at me, playfully. "You wouldn't do that to your Gamma, now would you?"

My smirk deepened. "I did it then, I'll do it now. Dean would still help me, even if he is the Alpha."

Shane wasn't really into his mate at the beginning. Why? Well, he thought he was straight and was about to reject Ray as his mate. That didn't happen, because Dean and I had came up with a plan to get them together.

What did we do? Well, Shane had this huge ass crush on me, even though I looked the way I did back then, and I used it to my advantage. I told him that I would have sex with him in Dean's closet, since it was big.

Being the man whore he was, Shane agreed, even though it sounded fishy from the beginning. One afternoon, we met up in Dean's room, and I shoved him into the closet. Ray was all ready in there, because he had been told the plan.

Dean and I locked them in there and played different games, in his room, waiting for them to be done. Let's just say, by the time the clock struck 8pm, Shane and Ray were fully marked and mated.

A smirk dazzled my face, as I looked at him. His deep blue eyes, streaked with gold, held so much compassion for me, that it made me wonder if he still had a crush on me. His black hair fell in his eyes, making them look a little more mysterious than they had, when both of us were teens.

Shane narrowed his eyes, teasingly. "You wouldn't dare," he said, his voice having a small bit of a threat in it.

My smirk grew deeper, as I raised an eyebrow. "You wished that I wouldn't," I replied, sweetly. "'Sides I'm a higher rank than you, so you do have to treat me with respect." And after saying that, I stuck my tongue out at him, making him laugh.

"And you still act like a child," a female said, as she came into the room. "Even though you are of a higher rank."

A smile found it's way on my face. I turned around to see a 41 year old female, making her way towards me, smiling. Her blonde hair was pulled back into a tight ponytail, letting her whole face be seen. Her blue eyes, smiled, showing me the love a sister. Her hand was rested on her belly, confirming my suspicions. She glanced around at her pack members, before she looked back at me.

"Hey, Claire," I said with a grin, as I walked over to my sister-in-law. I have her a hug, glad that I could finally hug her in person, again. "How are you doing? Looks like you might actually have one. Do you know if it's a boy or a girl?"