Chapter 26 (Edited)

"Wait," Daniel said, tensing slightly. "Why would rogues want to attack you?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

I shrugged my shoulder. "They know that I'm the Alpha's true mate," I replied. "I don't know who had told them. There are not that many people that know."

"I know who did," Jesse said, his face blank. "It's my parents. I'm sure they told them, because you had rescued me."

Daniel growled, a little tensing. He glared at Jesse. His eyes turned a darker shade of brown, and his packmates showed their necks, in submission. "It is because of you that my Luna is in danger," he said, his voice was deeper than his human voice.

"If it is anyone's fault that I'm in danger, it is mine," I replied, calmly. "Now, I know I'm not talking to Daniel, so who am I talking to?"

Daniel looked at me, a smirk on his face. "You got guts for talking like that with me. I could easily rip out your throat."

Yep, definitely not Daniel. I cocked a brow and looked him in the eye. "This isn't Little Red and the Big Bad Wolf," I replied a little coldly. "If it was, then Little Red got taller and Big Bad Wolf got shorter."

There were a couple of covered up laughing, making Daniel's wolf growl a little at them.

He glanced at me. "Very funny. My person is 6'3," he replied. "And what you're 5'6?"

I rolled my eyes. "Nope, 5'8. And can take down a 6' person. I've done it before."

"The names Bruce," he said.

"And you know my name, now can you please let Daniel take control."

"No, " Bruce said, with a growl. "I will not let him take control. Not until-" he glared at Jesse "-I take care of him."

I stood and walked in front of Jesse, standing with my arms crossed. "That I can not do," I replied. "He is part of my pack and so are you."

Bruce growled, again, before glaring at me. He stood up and stalked to the front of me. I knew that he was trying to intimidate me, but it wasn't working. "And why are you standing up for him? It's his fault that you are in trouble."

I snorted and rolled my eyes. "Like I said, it's my fault that I am in trouble. It was me who pulled a knife on Jesse's mother." A smirk appeared on my face. "The look on her face was priceless. If I had a camera, then I would've made a video of it."

Bruce rolled his eyes a little. "That doesn't mean a thing," he said.

"Aren't you going to be the Alpha of the pack?" I asked.

"Yes."

"And isn't Jesse part of the pack?"

Bruce glanced at him from behind me. "Yes..."

"And aren't Alpha's supposed to look after the pack and make sure that they are happy?"

"That's what an Alpha should do. However, my poor-excuse of a father doesn't." There was a growl at the end.

I rolled my eyes a little. "I know he isn't. He's still confused as ever," I replied. "However, he is still your father and my mate. You will show him respect, even though he doesn't deserve it."

"And I'm guessing you won't tell him?"

"Nope," I replied popping the 'p'. "But I won't discuss it now. Let me have Daniel back, please. Your Luna is safe at the moment. There are people watching out for her. And I love talking about myself in third person."

That caused Bruce to smirk a little, and his eyes turned back to a lighter shade of brown with golden streaks. "I'm sorry about that," he said. He looked at Jesse. "And I'm sorry to you, also. Bruce just went on protective mode."

I moved out of the way, and Jesse shrugged. "It's fine. You're still my Alpha. And you're better than my old one."

Daniel grinned. "Thanks, Dude," he said holding out his hand.

Jesse smirked a little. "No problem." And they shook hands.

"Now that this happy ending is done, you all might want to get home. It's getting late and I know that your Alpha might look for you. He doesn't need to know a thing. Got it?"

They all nodded.

"Good, now go and I'll see you all at school."

With that, they left and I just sat down, tired. "Man, this is going to be a long week."