Chapter 8 (Edited)

"Don't leave me, George. Please, I'll be good. I-I'll do the dishes, and I'll give you what you want," a lady said on the T.V., trying to block the door from the man, who was leaving her for another woman.

"Don't start with me, Martha," the male said, warning filling his voice. "You cheated on me with another man!"

"Oh, shut up," I said to the T.V. as I watched the Soap Opera. I took a bite of my ice cream as I looked at the papers, making sure that I didn't leave any residue on them. "You've been cheating on her for two seasons. It's about time she did something for herself, Asshole."

"You've cheated on me first, with Patricia, from your work. I caught you red handed having sex with her on the table in your office. How can you do that to your wife, huh? Don't I mean anything to you?" she snapped for the first time, showing some, if not a lot of back bone. She wagged her finger in front of the male's face as her voice rose a little.

"Go girl power," I said my mouth full of ice cream. I fist pumped the air. "Woohoo."

You could say that I was a little (if not a lot) upset and that is why I was watching Soap Opera's, even though I don't really understand them. I guess it's a habit, since I started it with my mother. We both would curl up on the couch, wear fuzzy sweaters and socks, even if it was hot outside, and eat a bowl of ice cream. We both didn't care about our appearances during that time, so I usually had my hair in a messy bun, like the one I had on now.

My phone rang just as George slapped Martha across the cheek. "Aw, come on," I flicked my spoon at the television, sending ice cream flying off of it and onto George as it did a close up, right in the middle of his forehead. "Bulls eye," I said pumping my fist, before muting the television.

I grabbed my phone, swiped it, so that I could answer the phone. "This is Aunt Jess," I said as I placed my spoon back into the container of Chocolate Ice Cream. Two girls favorite things, Chocolate and Ice Cream. Yum.

"When'd you become an aunt?" someone asked worriedly. "How'd you know that-"

"Dean," a female screeched, making me pull the phone away from my ear, wincing. "Don't tell her. I want to tell her."

There was some moving around and harsh whispers, that I couldn't comprehend, as they whispered to each other.

"Tell me when you two are done fighting," I said rolling my eyes as I moved a hand through my hair. I sighed a little as I looked at the papers.

"Don't hang up!" both shouted at me.

I flinched and jerked my phone away from my ear, again. Dang, they can be so loud sometimes. And, I thought I had the lungs for it. "That was my ear. I was just going to put ya'll on speaker, so I can grade these tests. Oh, and hello, Clarice." I shook my head, trying to get rid of that ringing sound.

"Sorry about that, Jess," Clarice apologized. "Hi and how are you?"

"Been better," I muttered as I took a bite of ice cream. "Why did Dean sound nervous when I introduced myself as 'Aunt Jess', even though he knows that is what I call myself when I'm at the hospital talking with kids or teens?"

"Are you talking with ice cream in your mouth, again?" Clarice scold me, teasingly. "And are you watching a Soap Opera?"

"Maybe," I replied after I took another bite. Damn, she knows me too well. Well, so does Dean and I knew that he was going to ask why. If I told him does that mean I might be under house arrest until I go over there? But I hate gnats that always seemed to come at me during my time down in Georgia.

"What's the matter?" Clarice asked warning in her tone. She knew that I wouldn't be watching any Soap Operas or Chick-flicks if something didn't happen to make me feel as if I was a piece of crap.

"Nothing," I said absentmindedly, not wanting to tell. "I'm just about to start my period and I feel like crap. It might be the stress from work," I replied after I took another bite of ice cream. I rubbed the bridge of my nose as a headache appeared out of nowhere.

"Jessica," Dean warned, using his Alpha tone. "What are you hiding?"

I gritted my teeth together, feeling another spurt of anger. What was happening to me? I've never been this bad at not controlling my anger. "Well, I'm sorry, Alpha," I snapped back at him. "It's not my fault that my damn mate came to the school today and tried to play with my flippin' feelings, even though I'm supposed to be marrying a person who went to the Middle East to save his damn ass along with other damn people's. And I'm sorry that I'm disrespecting you right now. It is not my intention, but I don't want to talk about it. I've survived 18 years not thinking about him and living my life. Now, after 23 looong years, he waltzes back in, and I'm sure that he wants me to fall at his pretty little feet, begging him to take me back. Well, guess what? That sure ain't going to happen, and he'll have to prove to me that he cares and not the other way around. I sure to hell did not want to reject him and be rejected. It isn't my fault that I didn't look Luna material when he met me and now do." I shut up and took a deep breath, trying to calm my frayed nerves.

There was silence on the other end, and I don't know if they were mad at me or not. I wouldn't blame them if they were, since I did disrespect them.

Finally, Dean growled. "You are to leave that place immediately. No and's, but's, or or's. I'll talk to your bosses and tell them. Do you understand?"

I shook my head, feeling my body split two ways. I knew that he would have a job for me and maybe I'll start visiting hospitals over there, but could I really just up and leave me job? Sure, if that is what I want to do. However, I don't want to, not right this second. "I-I can't," I said. "I got two jobs and then Sam..." my voice trailed off as I thought about that bald headed, blue-eyed boy, that I've taken under my wing as well as the other children and teenagers at my local hospital. "I'm not leaving. I-I can't leave. Not after..."

"But-"

"No, Dean," I said interrupting him. I ignored the growl of warning that I heard from the other line. "I can take care of myself. I've done it for years. And I'm not leaving because an asshole wants to try and ruin my life because finally, he had feelings for me."

Dean sighed silently, and I knew that he was shaking his head. "Here's the deal," he said finally. "If you feel pressured in anyway, give your bosses two weeks notice and then you are moving down here, after the two weeks are up. A house and a new job will be waiting for you. Deal?"

And I would be with some people that care about me, I thought to myself before nodding my head and sighed, knowing that I couldn't argue with that. "Deal."

"But this will only happen if you come down after you visit the kids at the hospital. I need some help with some things," Clarice piped up. I let a smile appear on my face because I knew that she was bouncing around a little. Her excitement was contagious, and I didn't know how she could sleep.

"All right," I said finally. "And yes, I'll use my truck instead of my bike, so don't worry about that, Dean. My poor baby will just have to be in my apartment until I come back." I sniffled teasingly.

Dean chuckled a little. "All right, I'll let you go, because I know that you got tests to grade. Bye and see you soon."

"Bye," I said silently as I hung up my phone. I placed it on the bed before returning to my work, ignoring the show that was on.

Jealousy filled my system, because I knew that they were looking at each other, googly eyed.

Soul mates were supposed to love each other and be there for each other. I knew that I had looked weak and ugly, but so did the ugly duckling. And guess what? He turned out to be a beautiful swan. I turned out alright, also, but I didn't count myself as down-right gorgeous as some people thought I was.

He didn't want you and let you down. Nothing you can do will change his mind, so harden up your heart, Sweetheart. You don't need him anymore, I thought to myself.

I would be lying to myself, if I didn't want him by my side and have his arms around me. I shivered at the thought, but quickly pushed it away.

Damn emotions.