Chapter 24 (Edited)

"So what's the call about?" Dean asked, after they had agreed to work together.

"Rogues," I replied. causing for Blake and Dean to growl.

"You are-"

"No, I am not, Dean," I interrupted him. "I'm not tucking tail and running. I'm sick and tired of running away from my problems."

"But you're human. You can get-"

"And have I not proved myself that I can take down a stupid ass rogue? Mind you, I still have Hunters blood in me and maybe a pinch of Werewolf. I know how to fight, and I have silver items around the house. I could use those items to defend myself."

Dean sighed. "But you don't have a pack to lean on, if things get rough," he replied. "I don't want you to get hurt."

"Mentally, emotionally, or physically?" I asked. "Because, I have scars for all three. Dean, I can't leave. Sam... might not make it, and I need to be there for Ashley."

"Need or want to?" Dean asked. "You could always leave."

"Need to," I replied instantly. "I need to be there for them. It's bad enough that I do want to rip that father into pieces, after what he had done to them."

Dean sighed, before going back to the reason of the meeting. "What happened with the rogues?"

"They broke into my apartment and placed a wolf on my bed. They, also, placed the words 'You're next'', on the wall in the wolf's blood."

"Was the wolf female?"

I grunted in response.

"Have you contacted Roger yet? You know that he'll be able to send some help to watch out for you," Dean replied. "I will not be able to send anyone. Also, do you still want Joe and Luke to come-"

"No," I said instantly, cutting him off. "It's too dangerous for Luke to come over, and I will not be responsible for Joe's death. Luke still needs him."

Dean grunted. "All right," he said. "I'll let you go and call Roger. Ask him about..."

"He won't give me an answer. I already know that," I replied. "He won't know anything about my baby brother." I gritted my teeth, not liking the fact that I had no idea what to do about him. "I still miss him. And, I don't even know if he is alive or not."

"Don't worry. Maybe you'll hear something about him later."

I sighed, highly doubting it.

"Jess, you will. Trust me."

I shook my head, not really believing him.  "I can't believe that."

"Trust me. Now, I'm letting you go. See ya."

"Bye, Dean," I said. "Love you."

"I love you too, Jessie," Dean said, before hanging up.

Trent pulled me into a hug, even though I didn't know that I was crying. I held onto him and cried. I wanted to know where my little brother was. I had tried to leave my grandparents house, after I had gotten out of the hospital, but I had had a very bad Asthma Attack, after trying to run a mile or so. I had to go back to the hospital again, and it wasn't pretty.

I hoped that he was still alive and happy. And I wished that I would somehow be in his life. But, most important of all, I wanted to remember his face and hug him.