Chapter 25 (Edited)

After the tears and calling Roger, Trent left me, and I was all alone. To tell you the truth, I was nervous. I didn't like surprises. Nor did I like threats.

I shook my head, clearing the thoughts out, as I threw away my old bed set and pillow. I had gotten me a new bed set, that was this deep purple, and let me tell you, I was loving it. I also had gotten me a pillow, that hopefully will be more comfortable than the one I had before. Sadly, though, I had to use the pack card Dean had gotten me.

"I'm glad that he wouldn't mind," I muttered, after I walked up to my room on the top floor. "I had to buy cooking and cleaning supplies because of the damn people."

I shook my head again and started to clean the place. By the time noon came around, I had finished every single cleaning thing I had to do. I had to open the windows, because the smell of bleach had been too strong. I was a little worried, but Roger had assured me that he would send some of his people to the apartment complex, as well as send me new toys. I'm more excited about the new toys, if you know what I mean. And no, my toys are not men, they're weapons. And pretty good weapons, too.

All the weapons are something to hurt a supernatural person, as well as a human being. So, they were best for both worlds.

For example, I have this candlestick. Yes, a candlestick, but you have to make sure that the opponent was not something that they knew, and it won't raise suspicion, to the person. However, this was not an ordinary candlestick. It has a pure silver base, and then there was a button, that only I know where to push, and it squirts wolfsbane close to their eyes or anywhere else.

I smirked a little as I started to make some goodies. I placed some music on my radio and started dancing around, because I liked the song.

We Are Young by Fun. was a good song to dance to, so I usually did. 'Sides, no one was in the room, so they won't see me look like a fool while I made brownies and sweets. My whole body relaxed, and I was glad that it was because I've been stiff for the whole day. I guess I was still worried about that message, but I knew that I would be ready, even if my mate wouldn't be there to help me.

There was clapping and whistling, over the music, making me jump back with a squeal. I had to keep hold of the pan, in my arms, because I was making brownies for my brother. I glared when I saw that it Daniel and then some members of his pack, that I teach at school.

"Who knew you could dance," Daniel said, with a grin on his face.

"You should see me dancing to 'Suit and Tie', 'Moves Like Jagger', or 'One More Night'," I replied. "So guess what? I can dance. Now, why are you all here?"

Daniel shifted on his feet. "Well, you didn't go to school this morning and um... I was worried," he replied. "You never miss school."

"Rarely," I replied. "I do miss school days, sometimes, but it's not all the time."

Daniel nodded his head. "Why did you miss school today?"

I nodded towards the seats in my living room. "Ya'll can sit down, and I'll tell you after I finish putting this stuff in the oven."

"Are you making brownies?"  Daniel asked, sounding a little excited.

"You sound weird doing that, Alpha," Elizabeth said, folding her arms around her chest.

Daniel rolled his eyes glaring at her. "I've had her brownies, before. They taste really good. 'Sides, my mother doesn't cook at all. So, I'd watch what you're saying," he said with a growl.

"Well-"

"Guys, stop fighting, please. I'm not in the mood," I said rubbing the bridge of my nose. "Daniel, sweetie, I know that you mean well, but don't push it. Elizabeth, I know you are new to this pack, but that doesn't mean you can act like a bitch. I know you have a rough past, hell most of us have rough times in one way or another, but that doesn't mean shit. 'Learn from the past, look to the future, but live in the present'," I said quoting a quote from Petra Nemcova.

"And only you say quotes," Daniel said.

"I got a bucket list of them. I might make a lesson of it," I replied. "And no, the brownies are not for you. I have to send some down to my brother. He wanted me to cook sweets, but I had to get back."

Daniel looked a little disappointed, as he watched me make another batch. A frown flickered on his face, knowing that something was wrong. "Are you alright? You seem a little bit tense."

"Peachy," I replied, sarcastically. I sighed and moved a hand through my hair. "No," I said softly. I glanced at the other members of the pack and spotted Jesse with them. I nodded, hello, to him, before glancing at Daniel. "Rogues came and attacked."